Behold my LEGO CSS Chi-Town!!!!!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Behold my LEGO CSS Chi-Town!!!!!

Unread post by Dead Boy »

While skimming through the CS Navy book I noticed that the CSS Chi-Town's two sister ships (the CVN-2 Arkansas and CVN-3 Iowa) were slated to be build and active by 109 PA in game time. That's NOW! And in spite of this we still have no clue about what the darn things even look like. This has always been a gripe of mine, so last week I set out to do something about it. I bought a Lego Creator program for $1.79, installed it, and went to work.

THIS is what I came up with, (it's on my junk page originally made for my sig pic, so scroll a quarter of the way down). What you see here is a roughly 1:200 scale (measuring a hair under 4-feet, 7-inches!) 3D Lego creation screen-captured in eight shots. The actual design calls for its hull extending down about one more times the visible hull's height. Thus I can assure you that I made sure that everything can fit in there... except the Sky Lifters. Why they went with two Sky Lifter ACP's I'll never understand. As such in concept drawings they were replaced with 12 Death Bringer ACP's.

Either you guys are going to have a geek-gasum over this or give me a resounding, "M'eh". Either way, know the some serious work-hours went into making this brick by brick.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

I would go for VLS LRM, but otherwise:

GOOD JOB!

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

The ship is neat but what is the mosquito looking mecha just above it?
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Preacher wrote:The ship is neat but what is the mosquito looking mecha just above it?
no joke huh??? is that :?
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

Mech-Viper wrote:
Preacher wrote:The ship is neat but what is the mosquito looking mecha just above it?
no joke *** is that :?

The one in black and white? That's my Spider Skull Dragon Wasp. A little something I whooped up for my CS State of Missouri world book.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Dead Boy wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

The one in black and white? That's my Spider Skull Dragon Wasp. A little something I whooped up for my CS State of Missouri world book.
:shock: :shock: :shock: nice :eek: :eek: :eek:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Not to bad, certainley appreciate the effort...quick question though. How does the Deathbringer exit out the bow, pass the missile and gun turrets? Wouldn't all the equipment needed to rotate the turrets, reload, etc take up a lot of the below deck space?
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

That awesome man ! :D
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

great design :)

only real grumble is more anti-aircraft stuff.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

LuckyJim wrote:Nice job mate! Another reason KS should hook up with Lego. Where did you get that program at? Let me know with a PM. :D
Rifts and Lego togethor??????? why do I see the guy who invented lego rolling over in his grave hehe :lol: :lol:

Shades of Eternity
Immortal

bah, it's to save humanity, and is therefore a good cause :p.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Nice design, but one question. If the specs call for the ability to deploy support craft from the bow of the ship, why not go for a catamaran hull design? The rest of the upper portion of the ship could remain unchanged.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Dead Boy wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

Really???

Did Kev squash your Book???
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

why shouldnt lego and rifts get together? all those insect like looking things called bionicles are by lego and the old line form lego that they dont do war machines is an old out dated line since they make all those star wars fighter crafts and war machines.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Thats cool Dead Boy, and need more info about your Missouri book.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Just awesome Dead Boy...awesome. Two :ok: :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Tweek

Unread post by Tweek »

That's pretty kewl, man. I like the samas shown to scale. Definitely shows the size of that behemouth ship.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Behold my LEGO CSS Chi-Town!!!!!

Unread post by The Beast »

Ah, I see you use New Jersey to test your ships' seaworthyness. :P
Looks nice. :ok:
Dead Boy wrote:I bought a Lego Creator program for $1.79, installed it, and went to work.

Where did you get that from?
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Damn you Deadboy... now I want Rifts Legos!

Kudos for your tedious work. A book about my home state... now you have my attention. Though the Dragon Wasp seems a bit ill-concieved (since when do their aircraft look like insects?), the rest of the book might have drastically better stuff. Are you , by chance, a former Missourian yourself? Or would you possibly want a person to bounce ideas off of that has spent his entire life here? Seriously, now you have me interested...
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Nxla666 wrote:Thats cool Dead Boy, and need more info about your Missouri book.

:ok: Love it! Great combo with Lego! And yes more info on the Missouri book please! :?
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Not to bad, certainley appreciate the effort...quick question though. How does the Deathbringer exit out the bow, pass the missile and gun turrets? Wouldn't all the equipment needed to rotate the turrets, reload, etc take up a lot of the below deck space?

Nah. There's a lateral "Well Deck" that runs through much of the bottom level of the ship. I'm working on the interior (complete with the previously unseen portion of the hull that would be under the waterline) which will show all of that. But be patient. Working it all out takes times. Especially since I'm tring to keep everything to scale.

Shades of Eternity wrote:only real grumble is more anti-aircraft stuff.

Yea, there's tons of room on the deck for more AA. But I only used what was in the book; 2 defensive missile batteries 4 rail guns, and 6 Phalanx cannons. But that could easily be trippled or better.

Kelorin wrote:If the specs call for the ability to deploy support craft from the bow of the ship, why not go for a catamaran hull design? The rest of the upper portion of the ship could remain unchanged.

I though about doing just that, but the the text in the book also says the ship was also designed to land troops directly on the beach. With that as a criterion I opted to go with a bow design similar to one of the landing ships used in World War 2 that has a prow that opens in a similar way.

cornholioprime wrote:Did Kev squash your Book???

With the Rifts submissions blackout in effect (I think it recently was lifted) Kev hasn't even had a chance to see it yet.

MaddogMatarese wrote:
Dead Boy wrote:I bought a Lego Creator program for $1.79, installed it, and went to work.

Where did you get that from?

Amazon.com (LINK But be fore warned. The program has serious limitations that you have to work around, and it doesn't have all the parts you'd think such software would include. I had to make my ship in five major separate modular sections designed to be assembled on a fresh page (and not saved there together) for each of those screen captures you see.

[img]x[/img]
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

Alpha 11 wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:Thats cool Dead Boy, and need more info about your Missouri book.

:ok: Love it! Great combo with Lego! And yes more info on the Missouri book please! :?

The way things are going, I don't know if the book will ever see print since much of it deals with events in the shadow of the Tokleen War. Things that are almost contradicory with what was put in the Aftermath book. Like for instance, I had the CS begin construction of a new fortress city called Cross in the disputed portion of Missouri, right between Whykin and Kingsdale. It's intended function was to serve as home for the million plus new CS citizens, stemming from the Coalition's agreement to citizenize the burb-trash that enlisted to fight in the war and their familes. Cross takes up about a fifth of the book alone, but Aftermath outright says that, officially, the CS dishonored that agreement. Another section is about the people and government of Whykin where I took the bold step in making their Darven population larger and more publically accepted than previously thought, making their future prospect of joining the CS a but more ardious than it would have been before, even though they are all for it... the Dwarves included! The reason for this is told in a story about the city's origins, and would be a spoiler if I said any more on it. There are other things as well, like the CS equivelent to an Area 51, called Sector Zeta, as well as some details on a few small towns, but that's where some of the fluff material begins.

[img]x[/img]
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

wolfe wrote:BTW just how long did that take?

The CSS Chi-Town: 10 days and counting. Working in the interior now.

The Missouri world book: 5 years and counting. Everytime something comes out that requires an update, (like a new book), I make a minor modification. Right now I need to get in and make a few changes to some of the skills of the NPC's due to RUE.

[img]x[/img]
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Wow, nice job...

Makes me want to pound my computer.
I had the Lego program at one time and tried to relive some childhood memories, then uninstalled it at one point while trying to free up disk space for a game that hogged up a lot of HDD space...
Now the thing won't reinstall, because the stupid thing apparently thinks it wasn't uninstalled in the first place.
It now collects dust in a drawer with a bunch of old PC games I don't really play anymore.

Nothing like having inspiration strike, to grab it firm and run with it, just to run face first into a proverbial wall.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Youre design is fantastic . . . but it is so sad you are using Lego Creator instead of: Lego Digital Designer. Download the software. Build your design. When you finish a design in it, you can upload it to Lego, and they'll tell you what the price is to ship you a box with the bricks in it. A customized box will be shipped to your address with a picture of your design on the front.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Shades of Eternity
Immortal

Dead Boy wrote:
wolfe wrote:BTW just how long did that take?

The CSS Chi-Town: 10 days and counting. Working in the interior now.

The Missouri world book: 5 years and counting. Everytime something comes out that requires an update, (like a new book), I make a minor modification. Right now I need to get in and make a few changes to some of the skills of the NPC's due to RUE.

Dude, with your military background and extensive knowledge of the game environment, I think I can speak for us all here when I say...GET IT IN ALREADY!! :)
- Abraham Lincoln

RainOfSteel
Champion

Phalanx wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:Youre design is fantastic . . . but it is so sad you are using Lego Creator instead of: Lego Digital Designer. Download the software. Build your design. When you finish a design in it, you can upload it to Lego, and they'll tell you what the price is to ship you a box with the bricks in it. A customized box will be shipped to your address with a picture of your design on the front.

Lego Digital Designer only allows you to use a limited number of "special" pieces, though.

Really? They don't advertise that one so well. :(
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
RainOfSteel
Champion

Phalanx wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Lego Digital Designer only allows you to use a limited number of "special" pieces, though.

Really? They don't advertise that one so well. :(

Yeah... all the plain old bricks you could desire, but it only lets you select one "theme" set of bricks at a time. Thus, you can't use the "My Airplane" set at the same time as the "My Robot" set. Nor can you use two "My Airplane" sets, but you can double up on standard bricks.

Hmm, time to go off and find a lego forum and see if I can't find what the official explanation for producing a crippled piece of software is.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I have never been this impressed before
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[

Return to “Rifts®”