New Kevin Murmur

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

New Kevin Murmur

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
mr.phillup
Wanderer

Unread post by mr.phillup »

I can't wait to see what's behind the wall. I had never thought of something being behind the wall. I guess I will just sit here and wait for the wall to come down.
A full-length campaign for TMNT with kangaroo ninjas, assassin weasels and special forces wolverines! With lasers on their head. By Kilgs on RPG.net
http://mrphillup.deviantart.com/
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I'm hoping for the remainer of the world to be filled in, I'm not sure about beyound the wall, I'm having plenty of fun with ideas of that as is....

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Sorry, heard it all before.

I will not get my hopes up untill I see the magic words "it's back from the printers"

at least we are on schedule for 3 to 4 books in 2008 and then we are ready to hit our 2011 target.

no, really I do hope we gt some books.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I'd have to agree with Adam of the Old Kingdom on that point, even with companys that are good at keeping time tables (which Palladium does not seem to be one of), such announcments often mean little, so just cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath...

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

immortalpob wrote:So most of the stuff we want are not going to happen this year. So Nexx do you think yours qualifies for the former of latter? I hope MoM comes out this year, but what else could there be that does meet the latter.

Mine is not a fun, small, sourcebook unless they do no art and use a really small font. The manuscript is 207 pages long, plus 10 pages of appendix they'll probably cut, and a couple of golem variants I came up with about 4 months after finishing the book and sent to Wayne (then promptly lost in a computer crash).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Y'know, I just wonder if this other side of the world stuff is going to interfere with the Hades Dimension book, since it is a mirror of Palladium and all.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Marrowlight
Knight

Lynx8882 wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:Y'know, I just wonder if this other side of the world stuff is going to interfere with the Hades Dimension book, since it is a mirror of Palladium and all.

if it somehow does then dont let it ....... i have described the other side of the black wall to my players as the world in whole is like a D20 each facet is surrounded by the same black wall and a in each facet is different forms of land mass some like the original Palladium continant others just chains of islands..... my point is i can take what ever is canon about the other side and just stick in one of the facets

Lynx

No I mean, is Carl furiously having to revise his submitted manuscript 'cause Kev is now having an idea storm about PF after as he put it, 15 years.

GA
Explorer
Comment: Master of Dirk Diggler Style

Unread post by GA »

Give us Lazlo and Yin Sloth 2E and Old Kingdom. Wolfen Wars would be good too. Then do new stuff. I'm sick of Palladium pushing out stuff like Arzno and Madhaven and now this new stuff about the other side of the palladium fantasy world when they haven't finished with the main areas of the world they started.
You kill my dog I'ma slay yo cat-Flava Flav, Terminator X to the Edge of Panic, 1988
A man's gotta know his limitations-Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, 1973
No good deed goes unpunished-Clare Booth Luce
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Mallak wrote:Also isn't there a portal to the other side of the world in the Wolfen book??

Affirmative. It isn't part of any official adventure of anything like that though, it's just an item on the 101 random table. None the less, a cool thing.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Ted Smythe
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Ted Smythe »

I hope the book on Dwarves will focus more on the subterranean parts of the Palladium world than just the Dwarven species. That would be cool.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Well, as has been said, I wouldn't plan on seeing those books until after hearing they're back from the printers. We all know KS's habit of saying "this is coming soon!!!" and then it not showing up. OK Books being the perfect example.

And, gee, a "small fun sourcebook" that doesn't fill in any holes that we're missing. WHATS THE POINT??????

OK, I know KS doesn't read the forums (in general, anyways), but there ARE people at PB that DO. You guys need to let KS know what people say. What we HAVE been saying for years.

We're PF players here. For the most part, we're not rifts players. You see a few that play both, but, all-in-all, PF players don't. That being said, we're not as easily amused and entertained. We can't just be thrown a bone, and automatically start wagging our tails.

So something 'fun' that doesn't fill in any of our gaps. Have any of you guys read the hundreds of posts over the past few years about "wanting to see this part of the world" or "yeah, and elf-dwarf war book would be cool, but I'd want them to finish the world first". Some of those posts were being made YEARS ago, back when Bill was pushing stuff out for us, and some were even before THAT. I rememeber back.. oh.. a good 5+ years ago... there were conversations of the same caliber. Now, I'm sorry, but if the fans are calling for something, and the company isn't listening, is there any wonder why you're losing us?

And, like the vow I made a couple of years back- I won't be buying the new PF book. I won't buy ANY PB product until OK books or Nexx's MoM book. Actually, I'm willing to flex on my vow some. If PB can go back to putting out high quality books, like those we saw from Bill, that actually fill in the world we're missing. I won't go so far as to say it HAS to be the OK... ANY part of the world we're missing... until then, some other company gets my money.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

[quote="Kevin S.]
2007 promises to be incredible

A retooled, beefed up manuscript for Mysteries of Magic (Palladium Fantasy RPG®) is in the works, ....
I also hope to have 2-3 releases for Beyond the Supernatural, Palladium Fantasy RPG® and at least one additional Heroes Unlimited product released in 2007. ... [/quote]

I have deja-vu, no wait...I seen this before. Oh thats right, last year. Someday (2008) we might actually see a book for the PF line and unfortunatly it might not be soon. My gaming experience has a bit nulled in the past years with the lack of new material-and depation of Bill-but when one comes out I will pick it up for sure.

Oh, and Ziggy7Boeg I don't think you have to worry about PF going the way of RIFTS....PF actually has to put out books first. Now I am one that is glad that Kev doesn't toss any ol writter into the PF world, that it is "his baby", and he doesnt have an overaboundenment of people writting everything for it. There are a few (too few) people he trusts with it and only then can it be safe to exist without contradicting itself in print.

All in all the only way to see another PF book is if Kev puts down the other books and takes the time to read / edit the OLD PF books. That or find someone else to edit them.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
wodens_blade
D-Bee

Re:

Unread post by wodens_blade »

Lynx8882 wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Lynx8882 wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:Y'know, I just wonder if this other side of the world stuff is going to interfere with the Hades Dimension book, since it is a mirror of Palladium and all.

if it somehow does then dont let it ....... i have described the other side of the black wall to my players as the world in whole is like a D20 each facet is surrounded by the same black wall and a in each facet is different forms of land mass some like the original Palladium continant others just chains of islands..... my point is i can take what ever is canon about the other side and just stick in one of the facets

I happen to love this idea! it reminds me of some cosmic storylines where the world is divided into zoo like sections
Entiago
Adventurer

Re: New Kevin Murmur

Unread post by Entiago »

WOW...for a sec I thought this was new....until I looked at the date of the first thread.

Man it has been kind of dissapointing to see how long ago even "filler" books were supposed to come and never did (unless you count Rifters).
- the Book

ghost2020
Adventurer

Unread post by ghost2020 »

Well Kev did say that large manuscripts are usually formatted to much smaller books.

So a 207 page manuscript will usually get down to a 96-128 page book after formatting and layout.

So maybe that's what he means by a "small and fun" book.

Just a guess.

I too would like to see Old Kingdom before even a 2nd ed Yin-Sloth, but at least 2nd ed Yin Sloth would take less time to get out the door.

I would also like to see a 2nd Monster book for PF. Compile the stuff from the books, add in a ton of new ones and off ya go!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Ty for reminding us PB are a big let down when it comes to releasing new content for PFRPG. :badbad:

Just as well Im a huge fan of the stuff already out that is jam packed with more adventure ideas than I can write down. :eek:

I would like to see world books before others like MoM, Hades(I have it), Dyval etc. (although I see the business potential of thse). Although Wolfen Wars is a big tease that still tastes juicy..
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Stormchild wrote:So, how many books have actully been put out since he wrote this?

PF books....0

Pf has had 0 books released in the past 5 years- last book released IIRC, was Wolfen Empire in 2003. and that was an Adventure Sourcebook, but still a book.
- the Book

jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

Delegation: i personally believe that kevin should stop being such and old women and delegate his responsibility some. especially for palladium fantasy. Now i also believe that there should be restrains in place so that palladium fantasy does go the way of rifts and turn into an unbalanced hell hole.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Marcethus
Champion

Re: Re:

Unread post by Marcethus »

wodens_blade wrote:
Lynx8882 wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Lynx8882 wrote:

I happen to love this idea! it reminds me of some cosmic storylines where the world is divided into zoo like sections

Reminds me of Jack L Chalker's Well World Saga.
Probitas

Unread post by Probitas »

I hate necromancy!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”