GM Screen?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I used to use a screen: I had TMNT and ATB screens from the Accessory pack.
I still keep a barrier of sorts to roll behind, and try to bookmark the relevant info I may need at a moments notice.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Unread post by Guest »

I was working on a GM screen design...unfortunately it ended up around 15 pages long, with no end in sight.
bigmac8583
Explorer

Unread post by bigmac8583 »

15 pages! wow. thats more like a gm wall then a gm screen. you could call it the great wall of palladium.

Unread post by Guest »

bigmac8583 wrote:15 pages! wow. thats more like a gm wall then a gm screen. you could call it the great wall of palladium.
Well it doesn't help when things like the compiled SDC table take up more than one page (with multiple columns per page no less).
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Depending on table size/length, if no GM's Screen is available, the group I used to game with used a "2 foot rule", meaning there was a two-foot gap between the edge of the player's closest to the GM's books and vice versa. (No, this doesn't make it four.)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

I use a screen; I made it myself.

What I've put on there is the stuff that I need instant access to or reminders. Some of the house rules (like the critical fumble chart or saving throw modification chart), attack damages, list of gods and pantheons, sleep deprivation rules from HUGMG, NPC personalities (improv isn't my strong point, this keeps my NPCs from sounding alike), and standard saves.

I need a game shield because I will play fast and loose with the numbers in order to keep PCs alive or for the good of the story. Plus, there have been times that I've over/underestimated combat bonuses, and have had to switch strike/parry/dodge NPC bonuses within the first few actions of combat.

Plus, I prefer working with hardcopy rather than a PC, and I'd rather they not see my notes, maps, NPC stats, etc, that end up spread out over my end of the table.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:I was working on a GM screen design...unfortunately it ended up around 15 pages long, with no end in sight.

Were you planning on showing movies on it? :P

Unread post by Guest »

MaddogMatarese wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:I was working on a GM screen design...unfortunately it ended up around 15 pages long, with no end in sight.

Were you planning on showing movies on it? :P
Maybe animated gifs....

Unread post by Guest »

Zylo wrote:I totally forgot, I only use half a GM screen really. My laptop takes up the other half of the blockage area. I don't know if I could run as effectively without that dang computer.

Actually, I would love to have one of those table/flip screen notebooks, then I could bring up a picture or map and just turn the screen around to show the players. That would be sweet.
Personally, I want a holographic projector myself.

"Many Bothans died to bring us this information. "
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Re: GM Screen?

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Actually, while I dont use a GM screen, per se, I use something similar

Its actually a series of various fantasy pictures on one side (only to give the players something to look at) and on the other side is where I can paperclip whichever NPCs I need for that setting. Made it myself.. cardstock and printings... I use it for quick reference for the NPCs, and to hide the dice rolls I REALLY dont want the PCs to see
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Maddog
D-Bee

Unread post by Maddog »

I use the PFRPG sheild that came with the Arms of Nagash-Tor adventure, its more to block the players sight, of whatever evil I've planned for them.
" God is on the side with the heavyist battalions"
-Voltaire
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I usually use my revised Rifts Magic screen, which included all of additional spells found in PF, HU, NightBane, and also the Ocean Magic, Biomancy, Herbology and Necromancy.

..I've seen pics of a setup a group used, where they pitched in together to buy a used LCD overhead projector, then rigged it on a harness that suspended it over the coffee table; the GM then ran a video game map building program, had the players put their minis on the table with the projection, and could add animated special effects, like fireballs.

..It was a sweet setup, but pricey.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I thought so.

..Speaking of GM screens, I lost my bug for designing after I bought the HackMaster GM screen. It was like trying to carve a wheel out of limestone with a flint axe and then seeing a Goodyear roll by..

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

I took an idea I saw at the Open House. I bought a bunch of the uncut covers and glued them together. I use paperclips for interchangable notes. It was really cheap and different, and it works.
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”