Should Rifts have more vehicals?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

While I feel there should be a much larger variety of vehicles....honestly, even an entire book of vehicles wouldn't properly do the setting justice. Even in a PA feel such as Rifts, there would be dozens of manufacturers around the world will all sorts of different models. It's just one of those things you've got to nod your head along with and do yourself imo.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

yes, more vehicles, and more vehicles with good amounts of cargo space...

In particular there is lacking a good varity of hover vehicles that are not rocket bikes, light mdc cars, and comercial trader vehicles made for merchents in rifts earth.. just off the top of my head.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

rifts source book one has excellent tables for designinh your own vehicles.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Dr. Hellstromme wrote:Non-military vehicles are needed very badly, indeed. Only Atlantis and Russia has a fairly decent number of them, IIRC

Agreed!!

Even simple light mega damage vans and or cargo trucks would be great. Good rugged off road vehicals would be cool even without weapons.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

you could check here http://www.kitsune.addr.com/palladium.htm or like was said prevoiusly, sourcebook one has some good guidlines
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Space Marine

Unread post by Space Marine »

More vehicles, especially for adventurers. maybe some more wheeled/tracked/hover military vehicles. there seems to be a certain lack of transport vehicles especially for the ground pounder troops, and adventurers. Not everyone has flying PA or a big Robot Vehicle.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

We do need a much wider range of vehicles. From UAV to single riders to small team to heavy transports. In defense to combat designs.

It may be designed as an unmanned vehicle, but the Crusher could be redesigned as a manned one. Can see something like roaming around the Rifts terrain.

http://www.physorg.com/news65522328.html
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Personally there are too many vechile on rifts earth
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Mech-Viper wrote:Personally there are too many vechile on rifts earth
Why?

I think there should be more basic vehicles like cars, trucks, motorcylces etc. to match the huge amount of PAs and robots.
darkmax wrote:I agree. Freedom to make your own vehicles. Or are you guys just plain lazy?
Some people are busy not lazy.

If I had the time I'd wright my own RPG instead of buying books, but I don't have the time so I leave that with Kevin and Co. Same thing with designing new vehicles, I'd like to design a new one every time I needed to but I don't have that time so I want to be able to grab a book and find all the data I need there.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

grandmaster z0b wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:Personally there are too many vechile on rifts earth
Why?

I think there should be more basic vehicles like cars, trucks, motorcylces etc. to match the huge amount of PAs and robots.
too many PA and robots running around too, one of the things i like about rifts Austraila is the way it was set up, without all the crap north america has tech wise, but i would not mind basic vechiles and not the stuff normally gets pumped out
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I always make the same suggestion every time this issue comes up, and I always get peepee slapped by a bunch of people who dont like it.

But here it is again: Get the Mercs book and look at the rules for Golden Age Weaponsmiths and modifying SDC vehicles with MDC armor.
A good source is Heroes Unlimited and The Compendium of Modern Weapons.

Like any Post-Apocalyptic setting it makes sense that there would be a bunch of old toys laying around for people to retrofit.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I think Rifts can get away with just some guidlines on vehicle creation. theyve done it for phase world, probably done it for HU, lets see some love for rifts.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Preacher wrote:
Dr. Hellstromme wrote:Non-military vehicles are needed very badly, indeed. Only Atlantis and Russia has a fairly decent number of them, IIRC

Agreed!!

Even simple light mega damage vans and or cargo trucks would be great. Good rugged off road vehicals would be cool even without weapons.

Agreed.

For that matter, they need a lot more riding beasts.
And NOT ones that run 50+ mph! Just stuff along the lines of camels, horses, mules, dewbacks, or whatever.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

I was planning on making a Rifter article with common hover trucks and cars used by Adventurers. I always thought it was necessary as the books mention hover cars and trucks in many instances...but scarce few examples are given.

So, should I get off my Italo-Irish ass and write the article finally? (I could have it done by June, if not sooner).

SIDEBAR: The kittani hover cars in World Book 2: Atlantis, if tweaked slightly, can easily fill the gap, even for those that are too busy. Change one or two stats, etc. and viola! New model.

~ Josh
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Most definitely. :ok:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:I was planning on making a Rifter article with common hover trucks and cars used by Adventurers. I always thought it was necessary as the books mention hover cars and trucks in many instances...but scarce few examples are given.

So, should I get off my Italo-Irish ass and write the article finally? (I could have it done by June, if not sooner).

SIDEBAR: The kittani hover cars in World Book 2: Atlantis, if tweaked slightly, can easily fill the gap, even for those that are too busy. Change one or two stats, etc. and viola! New model.

~ Josh

Funny, I was thinking of doing the same thing. :D
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That is another great idea Josh! Thanks for sharing it!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

finn69 wrote:rifts source book one has excellent tables for designinh your own vehicles.

I looked through that. Are you referring to the robot vehicles?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I found this site when doing an image search, it seemed like it belonged in this discussion

http://node13.shacknet.nu/rifts/vehicles.htm
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Military styled vechiles - no
civilian vechiles - yes

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Someone probably already said it but Rifts needs a vehicle construction book like the bionics book.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Go too night bane and steal a Living chariot. It can be nearly any vehicle as big as an large van and it drives it self and it flys, has shields plus regenerates the near perfect.

Return to “Rifts®”