Splicer sourcebook what would you like to see?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

PrfSknk

Splicer sourcebook what would you like to see?

Unread post by PrfSknk »

With the first sourcebook in the works, I personally hope to see stats on the libraians and engineer. Plus some creatures for the wilderness areas.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Other than expanded info on the relationship between Librarian and Scarecrow, we really have everything we already need on Librarians and Engineers. What I would like to see is more world info and lots lots more info on the houses themselves. Would also love to see some of Slappy's creations find their way into the book, especially Sirens and all his War Mounts.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

i want to see more non-host armored OCCs...

special forces types...
non-fighter occs

more house details in general.

Info on Seedling, and what they can do....
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I want a splicers verson of psyonics
and more about trade and politics
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

I'd be interested in world info, though I guess this could be rendered a temporary boon with NEXUS continually reshaping it - certainly info on the top Houses and their 'relationships' would be excellent, even if only one was statted out.

I think there's enough on the human's tech in the core, but not nearly enough on the drones/NEXUS, i'd like to see that redressed with some extra nasties to throw at the resistance, perhaps more on the covert, subversive side.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

A very large block of known Slappy's stuff and even things he has not posted.
A critter beastry is a must. The stock beast, then changed versions used by the Machines and the Splicers .
More BioTech toys.
New Bio enchancements. Environment based ones would be nice.

But most of all is a book to read. Must have a new Book.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I've been looking over the list and it inspired me to write up quite a few new items, so I have a modified question for everyone...what would you like to see me add to the Splicers board?
demos606
Hero

The info I truly want posted on the board can only come from Carmen I'm afraid - the pre-edited damages on the NEXUS weapons. As they are they're dangerous but they lack a degree of lethality that should exist for the setting to be truly compelling (and Technojackers to truly come into their own). Most of the weapons in their published forms simply aren't impressively enough more powerful than biogear to warrant the drawbacks technojackers deal with.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

More info on the Houses and the planet would be great.
Princedarkstorm
Warborn
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Some psionic players, more warmounts, terminator type player, bio-borg type and a cure for the nano-bots
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

I want to see some unique creatures in Gaia's preserves.
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

more info on the houses for sure
critters from the preserves
more info on the houses
HLS's
oh and did i mention more info on the houses. :D
TechnoGothic
Knight

More info on the Houses in general.
Random House generation Table(s) for things such as Terrain, Population of the House, How close to the Machine it is, Average Machine encounters (battles), and so on.

More Technojackers info, lots more please. Maybe Technojacker varients ?
The Cyber-Knight Technojacker posted earlier was great. I'd love to that become Offical in a Sourcebook. More varients would be nice too.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

An overview of all or most of the houses, and at least one done in fairly decent detail. I don't need everything mapped out, but more on the politics, and life of people would be nice.

I would also like new biotech, Occs for non Host armor. Maybe a good reason to use Protohost ect.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
TechnoGothic
Knight

ugg no more on the Machine itself, we have enough on it/them.
I want more on the Splicers themselves. The humans. Bio-tech users and Technojackers.

The Less you use the machine in the setting, the scarier it is to the players.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

RerollMuch? wrote:I thought there could be some more expansion on the AIs. A huge super computer bigger then the internet as a whole and it comes up with seven primary intelligences?

As far as the AI's are concerned, it does mention under the NEXUS section that those are only the seven dominant personalities, with many others coming and going - it even suggests the opportunity for GM's to get creative.

I was suprised they didn't stat out or mention that two legged running machine from the inside front page, i'd like to know what that is as it looks pretty fearsome.
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I would like some psionics, minor powered mutants, juicers, way more host armor upgrades and human traitors that serves the machine.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

ARRRGGHHH that question agaiin!!! :frust:
Is that period of the year?
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Listen I dont like tha tquestion because mad eme think all the wrongness of the nanoplague concept.
Ah I realized i did not said what I expect in future sourcebook.
More detail about Machines, fleshin it out so it could be mor einteresting opponent instead of bunch of metallic targets. (I miss the trash talking of orks) I'm doing a bit by myself but would be nic e hainvg it covered in official book.
But , considering how things are going in Palladium, we have to wait for anothe rpair of years at least. They got bigger problems than Splicer to deal with. Hope Everything turn for the best.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
demos606
Hero

Splicers doesn't need Juicers, it already has Scarecrows.
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

RerollMuch? wrote:
runebeo wrote:I would like some psionics, minor powered mutants, juicers, way more host armor upgrades and human traitors that serves the machine.

Wouldn't the nano plauge turn the juicers bio system against him?

According to the conversion notes in the main book; no.
Fenrir_Lokison
D-Bee

Re: Splicer sourcebook what would you like to see?

Unread post by Fenrir_Lokison »

I personally would love to see at least 3 or 4 source books...
1. Dedicated to librarians and engineers, to include stats on both.
2. A break down on the houses and unique splicer data for each. I really loved the work with House Shiva and how Rifts Russia broke down the unique warlords with their trademark cyborgs. I really think each house should have their own unique ways they use bio-technology. How about a house ran primarily by technojackers who have been subverted by an unique power of the nano-bots (House Hectatea).
3. The Machine and their plots and goals. It would be awesome to see what the other personalities would do if one or more of them decide their directive had more weight than the other. What about Eve and Lilith, these two personalities to me might seem like the two that would break the "unity of The Machine" by helping humans. How about Gaia coming to the decision that Frey's cities and Hectate's war efforts must be stopped in order for her to bring the planet back to a paradise type environment? I am sure some of the humans see these personalities as goddess, what if each Machine Personality had Houses or Temples of loyal humans that lived by their rule? Like the Hectatea whose nano-bots have twisted their minds to serve as creators of new warmachines? Or Gardeners or Paradiscians who are eco-fanatics who want the planet to return to its humble roots?
4. A forth source book could possibly be a Splicer/Phase World cross over...What if a ship or two of Necrons happened upon this world? How much of a chance would The Machine have? How would they fair with bio-technology? Could they enhance it or their own bio-technology with it? What if there is an unknown house ran by an engineer/Gene-splicer/Gene-Tech hybrid? What kind of weird and freakish bio-technological creations would they have?

I have thought about and actually once had written stuff on the subjects and even role played some of these ideas. For example, Eve had an underground site that was shelled from her sisters that served as a refuge for humanity. These people did not know of the war (having escaped and closed themselves off from the world outside a few generations ago) lived in a secluded underground eco-system that was an experiment stated before The Machine broke off. It incorporated the ideas and goals of Eve (to protect and serve humanity), Frey to produce an stable community for its citizens, and Gaia to have a perfect environment. Thanks to underground heated lighting, water system, and other environmental duplications. These people lived in relative peace and ignorance of the outside world. And thanks to Eve's "the means justifies the end" mentality, certain protective measures (many of which are deadly and feared rumors passed down to keep the majority in line) are in place to stop most outsiders from breaking in and the hidden society's people from getting out. In this case Eve has in her corner a librarian and an engineer who fully cooperate with her and it is they who keep plants growing and animals from being wiped out, and they even created a few fearsome bio-weapons that hunt and haunt various access points in order to prevent entry and escape. And to make sure her way was secured, she has a few hundred female looking bot bodies designed to be a incarnation of her so she can be a goddess that walks amongst her people. And of course the adventure turned out to be a big "What If" thing with a few varying outcomes.

But, like I said, I personally would love to see more information specific source books for Splicers.
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

My ideas for some Splicers books are:
+Slappy and Premier’s Sourcebook.
+A Sourcebook detailing the Houses, the world, and how to make your own House.
+A Sourcebook full of Hooks, Lines, and Sinkers.
+A Sourcebook detailing the Nature Preserve's Creatures and Plants.
+ A Sourcebook of every Bio-Enhancement and War Mount.
+A Sourcebook detailing how Splicers might interact with the rest of the Megaverse.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

89er wrote:My ideas for some Splicers books are:

Sorta like the charts for making a merc company? 'cuz I'd dig that.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
89er wrote:My ideas for some Splicers books are:

Sorta like the charts for making a merc company? 'cuz I'd dig that.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Also, I would love to see the biotech psionics, and I want them to be distinctly different from Rifts psionics.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

sHaka wrote:I'd be interested in world info, though I guess this could be rendered a temporary boon with NEXUS continually reshaping it - certainly info on the top Houses and their 'relationships' would be excellent, even if only one was statted out.

I think there's enough on the human's tech in the core, but not nearly enough on the drones/NEXUS, i'd like to see that redressed with some extra nasties to throw at the resistance, perhaps more on the covert, subversive side.

ditto, except I'm happy with the extra enemies that have been posted on the board already. I would like one or two more sea based robots though.

abtex wrote:A very large block of known Slappy's stuff and even things he has not posted.
A critter beastry is a must. The stock beast, then changed versions used by the Machines and the Splicers .
More BioTech toys.
New Bio enchancements. Environment based ones would be nice.

But most of all is a book to read. Must have a new Book.

Ditto all the way.

slappy wrote:I've been looking over the list and it inspired me to write up quite a few new items, so I have a modified question for everyone...what would you like to see me add to the Splicers board?

Dear god, everything.

demos606 wrote:The info I truly want posted on the board can only come from Carmen I'm afraid - the pre-edited damages on the NEXUS weapons. As they are they're dangerous but they lack a degree of lethality that should exist for the setting to be truly compelling (and Technojackers to truly come into their own). Most of the weapons in their published forms simply aren't impressively enough more powerful than biogear to warrant the drawbacks technojackers deal with.

Too true, and Techno-Jacker Varients as well. And maybe new weapons as well.

The Galactus Kid wrote: I would love to see the biotech psionics, and I want them to be distinctly different from Rifts psionics.

Try DR.Hellstrom's Mind-Splicer...Sadly, most of whats been asked for is already sitting around on the board somewhere.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

PrfSknk wrote:With the first sourcebook in the works, I personally hope to see stats on the libraians and engineer. Plus some creatures for the wilderness areas.

I Agree with that !
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Princedarkstorm wrote:
PrfSknk wrote:With the first sourcebook in the works, I personally hope to see stats on the libraians and engineer. Plus some creatures for the wilderness areas.

I Agree with that !

Im voting for..........
wait for it

Actually getting a new book.

wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

Armor that changes its shape & host creatures that transform.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

wildhood wrote:Armor that changes its shape & host creatures that transform.

Pfft, bio-Transformers.
Sexy.

wildhood
Dungeon Crawler

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:

Pfft, bio-Transformers.
Sexy.

Specially the flying ones reshape themselfs to give you more speed to get you into battle or to out run your enemies.
The Galactus Kid

Yeah, I just really want this to be turned in and printed. I know that since Chuck Walton is doing a ton of, if not all of the art, that should really shave some time off of production once its actually turned in.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

sHaka
Hero

Unread post by sHaka »

tedted wrote:at the moment I'd like to see anything

Agreed, especially with Chuck Walton's artwork :ok:
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

hmm...Were you at the 09 POH and peaking through my portfolio? :D
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Yeah, I just really want this to be turned in and printed. I know that since Chuck Walton is doing a ton of, if not all of the art, that should really shave some time off of production once its actually turned in.

:D Thanx GK, Thats the plan of it all. To not just turn in a script but to turn in the art as well. So all we would have to wait on is the editing process. The killer part for us now though is what is going to make the cut for this and what may have to wait. Sacrifices due to space limitation is agonizing at this point. I may discuss some of the ideology over the forums for some of the things that I know we are going to delay just to help sculpt things more so.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

sHaka wrote:
tedted wrote:at the moment I'd like to see anything

Agreed, especially with Chuck Walton's artwork :ok:

Humbled I am! I am making sure that this is some of my very Best art to date for the long wait that Splicers has undergone.
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler

Premier wrote:

hmm...Were you at the 09 POH and peaking through my portfolio? :D

No. Never been to any of PB Open Houses in my life but I do live in Michigan. I really have not readed my Splicers book much.
Last edited by wildhood on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

for the kiddies,how about a book full of goofy critures that the various houses have made?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

How Bout that (*^%^#$%^ING BOOK!?!
(insert sound of gnashing teeth here)

Seriously, getting rabid from the wait. this is, like, taking longer than TRIAX 2.

The Galactus Kid

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:How Bout that (*^%^#$%^ING BOOK!?!
(insert sound of gnashing teeth here)

Seriously, getting rabid from the wait. this is, like, taking longer than TRIAX 2.

Almost, but not quite. hahaha

abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

building enhancments.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Only that its still really close to completion.

You know, a watched pot doesnt boil.
It also doesn't boil unless you light a fire under it.
BURN THEM ALL!

The Galactus Kid

I've been talking to Chuck Walton and everything he keeps telling me about the book just keep getting more even more excited.

The Galactus Kid

Sharoth wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I've been talking to Chuck Walton and everything he keeps telling me about the book just keep getting more even more excited.

Tease! :-D

Story of my life.

TechnoGothic
Knight

We need ART Teasers posted without any info on what the art is about.
In other words Post some pictures but dont yet us know what it is/about.
Tease us.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Is that legal? If so I would love to post a few teasers, if not then sorry...
The Galactus Kid

Premier wrote:Is that legal? If so I would love to post a few teasers, if not then sorry...

I would ask Kevin if that is ok, Chuck. I don't think it would be a problem, but what do I know?

Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Any Slicers sourcebook would be great,IMHO.

A book with Slappies creations in it would be good, I know that some were published in the Rifter,but more would be good.

The "War on the Hard Roads" would be the best new thing I would like to see, if Palladiium really wanted to do something great fore the game.
The Galactus Kid

There will be new Splicers material in Rifter #50 and probably #51 as well. It will be the stuff that my brother in law and I are working on, plus some stuff from Chuck and Slappy.

Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Premier wrote:Is that legal? If so I would love to post a few teasers, if not then sorry...

Ask Kevin, but the last time a freelancer posted a preview from a book he had to change it since it was not allowed. That was an author so no idea about the artists.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “Splicers®”