Mechanoids versus Dominators

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Who would win?

Dominators
33%
Mechanoids
67%

Total votes: 51

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Mechanoids versus Dominators

Unread post by Subjugator »

In a fight between the Mechanoids and the Dominators, assuming the Dominators were at full power, who would win...and why?

I'm thinking the Mechanoids. They have advantages of numbers AND overall power.

Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

if this isnt one of the one sided fight, unless the dominators has millions and millions of minions we dont know about, the mechinoids win
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

The Mechanoids, they have huge numbers. A single mother ship can have what, billions and billions of combat ready Mechanoids on board? And who knows how many robots... and since Mechanoids have no problems with using suicidal attack strategies...
Then have to consider that they have quite a few of those big motherships... and that even some 'major' powers (like the Splugorth) seem to fear them...

Yeah, the Mechanoids are one of the biggest Palladium baddies in my book... at least until any Old Ones make an appearance...
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I'm not sure what the Dominators are.
But I'll bet on the mechanoids.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Mechies win, hands down.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Hannibal
Explorer

Unread post by Hannibal »

Let me add to the unanimity of the moment and say Mechanoids, hands down.
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Killer Cyborg wrote:I'm not sure what the Dominators are.

They're from Phase World.

Basically, in the distant past, they tried to take over the Three Galaxies, and nearly succeeded.

They have tremendous super-tech that beats even the Naruni, by a lot. They may be on par with or more advanced than the Prometheans.

They are so notorious that whenever one is discovered in the modern age hundreds and even thousand of Cosmo Knights drop whatever they're doing and head straight for it with one purpose, annihilation. It takes that and fleets of starships to beat just one.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
RainOfSteel
Champion

As to who would win?

It depends.

If it was both sides at their height, I would says the Mechanoids would have been in for a terrible time and would have lost most of their race, but probably would have won in the end, but only if they had no other opponents at the time.
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Subjugator

RainOfSteel wrote:As to who would win?

It depends.

If it was both sides at their height, I would says the Mechanoids would have been in for a terrible time and would have lost most of their race, but probably would have won in the end, but only if they had no other opponents at the time.

This is what I was trying to present. Get the Dominators on one side (at their height) and the Mechanoids at the other (at their height).

Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I'd say Dominators.
Their tech, for the most part, hasn't even been described.
So it must be powerful. For all we know, a world-ship could be outfitted with cannons like the main gun of the SDFs...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Vrykolas2k
Champion

SheriBear wrote:Mechanoids, by a longshot.

The Dominators tried to take thier own galaxies and failed. The mechanoids took over their own, along with several neighboring ones.

The mechanoids had less competition, insofar as advanced civilizations go.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Mechanoids.
Why?
Because they have even gone against GODS...and won!
Plus, they have technology that Kevin Siembiada never even described aside from "Powerful and more advanced than anything beyond imagination" (First prize in the H.P. Lovecraft award for several adjectives to descibe something indescibable... Kevin Siembiada!!!!).

Also...numbers...sheer mass of numbers! Even after their civil war.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

SheriBear wrote:The mechanoids had less competition, insofar as advanced civilizations go.

So, you're saying that in the PB universe, that the Mechanoids conquered 7 galaxies and all of that space (talking about absolutely billions upon billions of star systems) just had some space monkeys which never developed civilization?[/quote]

LOL! Sheri.. don't even bother trying to argue against some of these blokes.
They see their inturpratation as being the only one (logic be hanged; the Drake Equation is NOT taught in schools :-( ), thus...the never ending thread this one will turn out to be.

-sigh-

For the record; 1 Galaxy for Dominators Vs. 7 for the Mechies (plus other planets across the dimensions) = no contest! :D

Mechanoids...WIN (best Shao Kahn voice)

Leaves of the lotus rise

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

DhAkael wrote:Mechanoids.
Why?
Plus, they have technology that Kevin Siembiada never even described aside from "Powerful and more advanced than anything beyond imagination" (First prize in the H.P. Lovecraft award for several adjectives to descibe something indescibable... Kevin Siembiada!!!!).

dominators have even more tech than that, not to mention that domninators are the equivlent of minor gods individually. '

at their hight? the dominators will OBLITERATE the mechanoids.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Why?

dominators have even more tech than that, not to mention that domninators are the equivlent of minor gods individually. '

*shrug*

Leaves of the lotus rise

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

DhAkael wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Why?

*shrug*

ah, sorry. wasn't singling you out, so much as picked one of hte posts at random to tack mine on to :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

the mechanoids were the reason why the kitanni are splugorth lackeys.

ask possiden how he faired against them as well.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

You guys are making me want to buy sb2, finally
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Shades of Eternity wrote:the mechanoids were the reason why the kitanni are splugorth lackeys.

ask possiden how he faired against them as well.

and the dominators nearly wiped out all life in the three galaxies. a far more impressive feat.

Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

it would come down to who weilds Singularity Technology, And I think the dominators Do have it, and the Mechanoids never did. however the mechanoid psychics would eventually be able to outthink the dominators, unless the Dominators go systematicly wiping out star systems by making each sun go nova as a weapon.
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Dominators blowing up entire stars?
Didn't the Mechanoids supposedly develop something with a whole lot more kick, like an armageddon type weapon?

Since Motherships have to "carve up" planets for resources, just blowing up planets won't do very good, it just means they have to spend time tracking down big chunks rather than having to secure a planet first.
Since Mechanoids have 6th sense and clairvoyants, they will likely have evacuated a star system before a sun would go super nova due to Dominators.

About mobility.... don't Mechanoids have specialized Mechanoids that can combine their power to fold space and more or less manage to move even a mothership great distances in a short period of time?

Dominators might have superior capabilities for STL flight, something like a Wasp has a top speed of about 2,000 mph. Dominators could likely "outrun" Mechanoid space attacks, and stick with attacking at long range, which might work until a Mothership or other Mechanoid warships fold in on top of them.

Mechanoids and genetic engineering. I doubt they are even on par with Gene Splicers. Mechanoids are masters of genetics with themselves... Gene Splicers are masters of genetics in general... Are there any Mechanoids that can survive outside of a robotic shell? Nope.
Can Mechanoids rip the arms off of a borg if they are out of their "robotic bodies"? Nope...
They are smart and have genetic memory, but they haven't exactly done much with themselves physically.

If the Mechanoids were as good with genetics as the Gene splicers, there would be a few terrifying Mechanoids who wouldn't need robotic bodies, and would just need something like EBA or PA, and be able to survive outside of controlled environments.

The Mechanoids have the munchkin ability to get tech...
If ONE little Mechanoid Wasp or any other Mechanoid escapes with knowledge of any Dominator tech gained from Telemechanics, or if the Mechanoids win a battle and do some salvage, it won't be long before more or less every Mechanoid mothership and the Mechanoids in general has access to that data, allowing the Mechanoids to reduce any tech advantages the Dominators might have.

Mechanoids have no problems with suicide tactics. A bunch of Wasps won't mind accelerating to full speed and slamming themselves into an enemy target if it will eliminate the target or cripple it enough for other Mechanoids to eliminate.

While Mechanoids could achieve a Dyson Sphere, they have so many numbers and resources that such a thing would have been not to difficult. If you can build planet sized ships, you can easily build a lot of equally wide (but a lot thinner) segments for a Dyson Sphere.

The Dominators likely have access to solid state energy weapon tech. Such weapons would be lethal to Mechanoid Wasps... The weapons can "aim" in a wide arc, with no indication to where it will fire since there is no mechanical system or turret required to aim the shot... auto-dodge is pointless if there is no clue to an attack until it has struck. By the time they see it coming, it's already hit... The Wasps can't simply auto-dodge every time they see one "preparing" to discharge if there are multiple such weapons in action. I call it the "Auto Dodge This!" tactic... sure, Wasps are good at dodging without using up actions... so you just make sure they don't get a chance to know "where" weapons could be aiming or firing at, and make sure there are so many attacks coming that 6th will be useless.

Mechanoids are "friendly" towards non-humanoid races that don't deal with humanoids (exception being those that "use and abuse" humanoids in inhumane ways or otherwise use them for food or bloody forms of entertainment). There's no telling how many high powered "allies" the Mechanoids might have laying around in those 7 galaxies they "conquered".

Another factor, there is no telling how many non-humanoid allies the Mechanoids might get if they went against the Dominators, and of who all might decide to help the Dominators.

But overall, since the Mechanoids have genetic memory, and can clone themselves, have the resources of 7 galaxies (and whatever forces they occupy those galaxies with) there is a chance they could come out on top... although they might be in so bad shape that even the ABMs could take them on and win.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

R Ditto wrote:Dominators blowing up entire stars?
Didn't the Mechanoids supposedly develop something with a whole lot more kick, like an armageddon type weapon?

Since Motherships have to "carve up" planets for resources, just blowing up planets won't do very good, it just means they have to spend time tracking down big chunks rather than having to secure a planet first.
Since Mechanoids have 6th sense and clairvoyants, they will likely have evacuated a star system before a sun would go super nova due to Dominators.

About mobility.... don't Mechanoids have specialized Mechanoids that can combine their power to fold space and more or less manage to move even a mothership great distances in a short period of time?

Dominators might have superior capabilities for STL flight, something like a Wasp has a top speed of about 2,000 mph. Dominators could likely "outrun" Mechanoid space attacks, and stick with attacking at long range, which might work until a Mothership or other Mechanoid warships fold in on top of them.

Mechanoids and genetic engineering. I doubt they are even on par with Gene Splicers. Mechanoids are masters of genetics with themselves... Gene Splicers are masters of genetics in general... Are there any Mechanoids that can survive outside of a robotic shell? Nope.
Can Mechanoids rip the arms off of a borg if they are out of their "robotic bodies"? Nope...
They are smart and have genetic memory, but they haven't exactly done much with themselves physically.

If the Mechanoids were as good with genetics as the Gene splicers, there would be a few terrifying Mechanoids who wouldn't need robotic bodies, and would just need something like EBA or PA, and be able to survive outside of controlled environments.

The Mechanoids have the munchkin ability to get tech...
If ONE little Mechanoid Wasp or any other Mechanoid escapes with knowledge of any Dominator tech gained from Telemechanics, or if the Mechanoids win a battle and do some salvage, it won't be long before more or less every Mechanoid mothership and the Mechanoids in general has access to that data, allowing the Mechanoids to reduce any tech advantages the Dominators might have.

Mechanoids have no problems with suicide tactics. A bunch of Wasps won't mind accelerating to full speed and slamming themselves into an enemy target if it will eliminate the target or cripple it enough for other Mechanoids to eliminate.

While Mechanoids could achieve a Dyson Sphere, they have so many numbers and resources that such a thing would have been not to difficult. If you can build planet sized ships, you can easily build a lot of equally wide (but a lot thinner) segments for a Dyson Sphere.

The Dominators likely have access to solid state energy weapon tech. Such weapons would be lethal to Mechanoid Wasps... The weapons can "aim" in a wide arc, with no indication to where it will fire since there is no mechanical system or turret required to aim the shot... auto-dodge is pointless if there is no clue to an attack until it has struck. By the time they see it coming, it's already hit... The Wasps can't simply auto-dodge every time they see one "preparing" to discharge if there are multiple such weapons in action. I call it the "Auto Dodge This!" tactic... sure, Wasps are good at dodging without using up actions... so you just make sure they don't get a chance to know "where" weapons could be aiming or firing at, and make sure there are so many attacks coming that 6th will be useless.

Mechanoids are "friendly" towards non-humanoid races that don't deal with humanoids (exception being those that "use and abuse" humanoids in inhumane ways or otherwise use them for food or bloody forms of entertainment). There's no telling how many high powered "allies" the Mechanoids might have laying around in those 7 galaxies they "conquered".

Another factor, there is no telling how many non-humanoid allies the Mechanoids might get if they went against the Dominators, and of who all might decide to help the Dominators.

But overall, since the Mechanoids have genetic memory, and can clone themselves, have the resources of 7 galaxies (and whatever forces they occupy those galaxies with) there is a chance they could come out on top... although they might be in so bad shape that even the ABMs could take them on and win.
actually the mechinoids dont have to secure the planet, they just like "spending time with the natives and playing with them"
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Subjugator

reddenedone wrote:You guys are making me want to buy sb2, finally

Now THIS is funny!

:lol:

Subjugator

SheriBear wrote:The mechanoids DO have artificial blackhole aka Singularity tech. Now to mention, they have genetic knowledge that makes Gene Splicers look like a kid with a 6th grade chemisty set, along with Construction tech, ie their Dyson Sphere that makes Center look like that 6th grade kid's snowfort.

Where does it say they have singularity technology? I've got Mechanoids Books 1 and 3 (original), and the big Mechanoids book, in addition to the Sourcebook with the Mechanoids and have never seen that.

The dominators were defeated by a Black Hole projector. They were also on the verge of defeating a society that had developed such a projector.

So, even if the Mechanoids DID have that technology, it wouldn't guarantee a win.

BTW - the Dominators had to fight numbers far greater than those of the Mechanoids. They fought trillions of people (i.e. the Three Galaxies). The Mechanoids amount to billions per ship is all.

Sub

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Subjugator wrote:
BTW - the Dominators had to fight numbers far greater than those of the Mechanoids. They fought trillions of people (i.e. the Three Galaxies). The Mechanoids amount to billions per ship is all.

Sub

But didn't the Mechanoids conquer an area larger than the three galaxies?

If the Dominators failed against three galaxies, logic suggests that they would likely fail against a foe that succeeded against more than three.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Vrykolas2k
Champion

DhAkael wrote:
SheriBear wrote:The mechanoids had less competition, insofar as advanced civilizations go.

So, you're saying that in the PB universe, that the Mechanoids conquered 7 galaxies and all of that space (talking about absolutely billions upon billions of star systems) just had some space monkeys which never developed civilization?

LOL! Sheri.. don't even bother trying to argue against some of these blokes.
They see their inturpratation as being the only one (logic be hanged; the Drake Equation is NOT taught in schools :-( ), thus...the never ending thread this one will turn out to be.

-sigh-

For the record; 1 Galaxy for Dominators Vs. 7 for the Mechies (plus other planets across the dimensions) = no contest! :D

Mechanoids...WIN (best Shao Kahn voice)[/quote]

It's not what I said .
AT ALL.
I said, they had less competition as far as advanced civs go. The kittani are the only exception I know of who were almost on par. Other civs united to pool resources, and survived against the mechanoids.

Subjugator

SheriBear wrote:pg 148, Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy. And how do you figure that the poupulation of the Three galaxies is greater than the 7 galaxies that the Mechanoids had? In my world 3 < 7.

I didn't speak clearly.

What I was saying is that the total number of people that the Dominators had to fight (trillions) was a greater population than comprises the Mechanoids themselves.

Did I explain that better?

Sub

Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

I voted for the Dominators because in SA2 it says that the Universal Legion, despite their limited numbers, managed to fend off and entire Mechanoid invasion, holding them off for hours (or words to that effect). So really, how tough could the Mechs really be if a few thousand guys could hold off millions? :P

Killer Cyborg wrote:I'm not sure what the Dominators are.

They got a page or so and one pic in the middle of the Phase World book.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Nightshade37
Explorer

Unread post by Nightshade37 »

This whole question is theoretical, seeing as how dominator technology and fighting forces are barely described.

PS: It's great to see you out and about again SheriBear, it's been a long time. :)
Subjugator

SheriBear wrote:They only fought them for less than a day. It was just a holding action until they got to the evacuation gates. If the Legion had to hold them off longer, they wouldve been destroyed. And the megaversal legion still RAN! which is the only way to survive.

Umm...nonetheless, they held them off. A holding action performed by what...250,000 soldiers? That means that the mechanoids could likely be held off indefinitely by 500,000 soldiers of similar caliber, AND the people that enslaved the Legion are presumably not as technologically advanced as the Dominators since they don't have weapons with similar damage as the Dominators.

So - the Megaversal Legion is almost powerful enough to hold off the Mechanoids with a mere 250K personnel. The Dominators are more powerful than the Megaversal Legion. Ergo, the Dominators are quite possibly powerful enough to kick the snot out of the Mechanoids.

Sub

Vrykolas2k
Champion

SheriBear wrote:I think what youre trying to say that the dominators had to fight the trillions of the 3 galaxies. That is larger than the mechanoid forces. Am I right? Still the dominators were beat down by the 3 galaxies, they werent successful in conquering the terrority they were after.

What Im saying, that the mechanoids, wouldve fought more opponents, than the dominators, quite a larger number than ever faced by the dominators. The mechies had 7 galaxies conquered in their time, again, I repeat that they had 7 galaxies. Im going to assume that there would be a hell of alot MORE opponents that would rise to fight against the mechanoids yet they still triumphed over their adversaries.

Also, Im going to assume that they are very super intelligent since they accomplished their original task ie bring back the secrets of the universe and they did that in a few centuries compared to the hundreds of centuries that it wouldve taken their creators. Genetic mastery, construction tech, physics, Rift technology, etc there would be very little that they dont know.

So armed with their knowledge, their drive, and their hatred, the make every other galactic style empire look like an insignificant operation. Everyone, Robotech Masters, the Promotheans, Kreeghor, Spluggies, are street punks compared to the mechanoids. Well everyone except for the Old Ones.

The dominators are an 1-page operation and they will always be. Nothing to write about, forever lost on the trashcan of oblivion.

Did the mechanoids ever fight cosmo-knights?

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Vrykolas2k wrote:
SheriBear wrote:I think what youre trying to say that the dominators had to fight the trillions of the 3 galaxies. That is larger than the mechanoid forces. Am I right? Still the dominators were beat down by the 3 galaxies, they werent successful in conquering the terrority they were after.

What Im saying, that the mechanoids, wouldve fought more opponents, than the dominators, quite a larger number than ever faced by the dominators. The mechies had 7 galaxies conquered in their time, again, I repeat that they had 7 galaxies. Im going to assume that there would be a hell of alot MORE opponents that would rise to fight against the mechanoids yet they still triumphed over their adversaries.

Also, Im going to assume that they are very super intelligent since they accomplished their original task ie bring back the secrets of the universe and they did that in a few centuries compared to the hundreds of centuries that it wouldve taken their creators. Genetic mastery, construction tech, physics, Rift technology, etc there would be very little that they dont know.

So armed with their knowledge, their drive, and their hatred, the make every other galactic style empire look like an insignificant operation. Everyone, Robotech Masters, the Promotheans, Kreeghor, Spluggies, are street punks compared to the mechanoids. Well everyone except for the Old Ones.

The dominators are an 1-page operation and they will always be. Nothing to write about, forever lost on the trashcan of oblivion.

no. but lets put it this way....

the mechanoids BARELY managed to beat the Kittanni. defeated in the end, yes, but it was close for centuries.

the kittanni aren't even the best spacefarers in the three galaxies.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

the only thing that beat the dominators was a Black Hole Projector super weapon. not great tactics, not supiror technology just one luck of the draw super weapon.

Vrykolas2k
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

no. but lets put it this way....

the mechanoids BARELY managed to beat the Kittanni. defeated in the end, yes, but it was close for centuries.

the kittanni aren't even the best spacefarers in the three galaxies.

Exactomundo. Which is why I think the dominators would be victorious.

Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Im gonna go with the mechanoids, but only because i know more about them, i could be easily pursuaded either way to be honest.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

the poster did say at the height of the Dominators. which means they do have the Singularity weapons and so on.. (As for how bad re these things, just watch ANDromeda)
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Gomen_Nagai wrote:the poster did say at the height of the Dominators. which means they do have the Singularity weapons and so on.. (As for how bad re these things, just watch ANDromeda)

And Farscape !
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Subjugator wrote:
SheriBear wrote:pg 148, Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy. And how do you figure that the poupulation of the Three galaxies is greater than the 7 galaxies that the Mechanoids had? In my world 3 < 7.

I didn't speak clearly.

What I was saying is that the total number of people that the Dominators had to fight (trillions) was a greater population than comprises the Mechanoids themselves.

Sub

SB2 pg. 29 - [The Mechanoids] "slaughtered trillions upon trillions"
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
Subjugator

sHaka wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

I didn't speak clearly.

Sub

You're still not getting it.

The number of Mechanoids is lower than the number of people from highly advanced civilizations in the three galaxies that the Dominators killed.

I am not referring in any way to how many people the Mechanoids killed. I'm referring to how many Mechanoids there are.

Sub

sHaka
Hero

Unread post by sHaka »

Subjugator wrote:
sHaka wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

I didn't speak clearly.

Sub

You're still not getting it.

The number of Mechanoids is lower than the number of people from highly advanced civilizations in the three galaxies that the Dominators killed.

OK, but those beings weren't Mechanoids, so it's not really a comparison.

Subjugator wrote:I am not referring in any way to how many people the Mechanoids killed. I'm referring to how many Mechanoids there are.

Sub

Enough to take the Dominators down, big time.
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

I vote for the Dominators if they are at their height.

The Doms fought the combined forces of the 3 Galaxies all at once, while the mechanoids picked apart their opponents one at a time.

Individually, just the Dominator himself and his "wee" little Nova Pistol is powerful. Lord only knows how powerful their other equipment is, including their massive motherships. Each of these guys is like Galactus.

Heck, the Kittani fought against the Mechanoids for years, and the Kittani aren't exactly the most powerful 3-Galaxies race out there.

It's be a tough fight, but I think the Dominators will fight smart & eventually come out on top.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Mechanoids
- Kittani got their rears handed to them
- Even the splugorth are scared of them
- Have you even looked at the Mechanoid's numbers at their peak?
- Do the Dominators have allies? The mechanoids do.
- The mechanoids play with their opponents. They like to get up close and torture and maim their victims before finishing the job. I believe they have much more potential than may be readily visible.
- gods get a beating from the mechies
- I can't remember where I read it, but somewhere it mentions the combined strength of the mechanoids in comparison to an old one. (Maybe it was a post on here, but it might have been a book as well)
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
RainOfSteel
Champion

DhAkael wrote:[...] the Drake Equation [...]

What does that have to do with this?

There are seven variables in the equation.

The first variable has undergone substantial revision just in the last ten years with new discoveries about the population of stars in the Milky Way.

The second variable has just recently (in the last six to seven years) been provided with the first information to base any estimate on.

The third through seventh variables have no data whatsoever to base an estimate on, and any value plugged into them ranges from wild guessing to educated guessing, but is guessing nonetheless.

Basically, the equation is useless at the current time.
RainOfSteel
Champion

Ballad wrote:Umm when have numbers not won a war.

Which war exactly did the side with the most troops not win.

It happens all the time.

USA vs. Great Britain. War of Independence.

USA vs. Great Britain. War of 1812.

Israel, 1948 War of Independence

Israel, 1956 Sinai Campaign

Israel, 1967 Six-Day War

Spain vs. the Incas.

Somalia Warlords vs. USA, 1992-1994.

Japan vs. China (Kublai Khan tries to invade twice with huge armies, both assaults end in failure).

And that's just what I can think of off-hand.

It happens all the time.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

SkyeFyre wrote:Mechanoids
- Kittani got their rears handed to them

after a very long and hard fight. which more or less means the kittani alone gave them a pause. the dominators would obliterate them

- Even the splugorth are scared of them

they was scared of the dominators too...

- Have you even looked at the Mechanoid's numbers at their peak?

yes. nice and shiny
- Do the Dominators have allies? The mechanoids do.

dominators don't need them to win

- The mechanoids play with their opponents. They like to get up close and torture and maim their victims before finishing the job. I believe they have much more potential than may be readily visible.

or are just foolish in their arrogance. and trying to play with the dominators is GARENTEED to make them loose.

- gods get a beating from the mechies

take a closer look at exsactly what happened. ANY space fleet could give a beating to a god.

- I can't remember where I read it, but somewhere it mentions the combined strength of the mechanoids in comparison to an old one. (Maybe it was a post on here, but it might have been a book as well)

nothing in cannon, that's for sure. probablly a post on here. which judging from what i've seen so far should likely be taken with a large grain of salt.

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

How many Dominators were there at the height of their power?

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Killer Cyborg wrote:How many Dominators were there at the height of their power?

they had a large planetful. i'd guess several billion, but it never actually says.

Subjugator

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:How many Dominators were there at the height of their power?

they had a large planetful. i'd guess several billion, but it never actually says.

I would tend to agree with this assessment.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Subjugator wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Okay, that is a heck of a lot of them.
They'd give the mechanoids a run for their money, but they'd eventually fall in the end.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Subjugator wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Okay, that is a heck of a lot of them.
They'd give the mechanoids a run for their money, but they'd eventually fall in the end.

why do you say that?

Return to “Rifts®”