Triax, 109 PA

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Triax, 109 PA

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Just wandering how the book is coming along. Cannot wait till it comes out.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Coming along well. I'm at Palladium right nw doing intern stuff, but Ive been doing alot of other stuff too. I hope to have the completed finished manuscript done and handed into kevin by mid to late july. I already told him that I would LOVE to see it make it into the queue this year and onto shelves in time for the grab bag.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

what about your other projects? 8)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

The Galactus Kid wrote:Coming along well. I'm at Palladium right nw doing intern stuff, but Ive been doing alot of other stuff too. I hope to have the completed finished manuscript done and handed into kevin by mid to late july. I already told him that I would LOVE to see it make it into the queue this year and onto shelves in time for the grab bag.

That good to hear! Keep up the great work I know you are doing on it and at helping out at Palladium!
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

LOL Good one Lord_Coake!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
The Galactus Kid

Well, I did stay up until 3 last night, and woke up at 8:30. Triax 2 is going to be awesome with more world info and some great turns of events, while also having the gear that the gun bunnies want.

GlitterBoy2098. hahaha wise guy. I'm currently working on Triax 2 and hope to have that done by July like I said. After that, I have the Sovietski Sourcebook and one in the works (only a few people know about it). Hopefully, if all goes well and I don't have a ton of revision to do on Triax, then we will see all three of these manuscripts in by the end of the year.

:? :? :?

I'm gonna go crazy.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Just remember to take heed/don't forget about the Official Material on Triax in Rifter #4, as well as the stuff in Underseas.

I don't mean reprint them, per se, rather just keep in mind that they exist.

:)

~ Josh
The Galactus Kid

You think so little of me Josh?

Actually, for simplicity sake, the Rifter #4 stuff is going in the manuscript. Underseas stuff is not. BUT the information in Underseas will be taken into account.

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

The Galactus Kid wrote:You think so little of me Josh?

No, but prior authors who have done books (I won't mention any names) seem to have forgotten what came before, so thus it was my duty as a fan to remind you, although as a Freelancer I knew that you were already on the ball.

The Galactus Kid wrote:Actually, for simplicity sake, the Rifter #4 stuff is going in the manuscript. Underseas stuff is not. BUT the information in Underseas will be taken into account.

Cool. :ok:

~ Josh
The Galactus Kid

kikkoman wrote:has all the art been finished for Triax 2?

Finished? As far as I know it hasn't even been started.

Hannibal
Explorer

Unread post by Hannibal »

I can't wait for this book to come out for several reasons, but the biggest of which is I can't wait to see if any of our little group's actions in Galactus' Triax 109 game at the Palladium convention wind up in the book or somehow influence the plotline at all. He warned us at the beginning of the game, though, that there was one event that was going to occur no matter what (no, I won't reveal it!), but I think we had him a little nervous that we *almost* thwarted it. :lol:

That game ended on a cliff-hanger that will haunt me 'til the book comes out....
Alpha 11
Palladin

:-P Ok guys. I am going to have to insist you stop this at once. You are all starting to make me droll over the book! :-P :D
tenakafurey
Wanderer

Unread post by tenakafurey »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Well, I did stay up until 3 last night, and woke up at 8:30. Triax 2 is going to be awesome with more world info and some great turns of events, while also having the gear that the gun bunnies want.

So long as it makes sense....the CS got a big power boost with WB11, and Triax/NGR is still supposedly more advanced than they are. That doesn't necessarily mean power creep...weapons or gear could be lighter/smaller with a greater payload than equivalent CS gear, or it could have some better features or maybe their tech took a different path...force fields for example.

Lots of options, which means lots of possibilities.

World info? I'm looking forward to the Brodkil/Gargoyle War myself....

EJL
Aramanthus
Monk

I also want to see the NGR become the great nation in Europe and not a new domain of the 4th Reich! But I'm looking forward to the new techie stuff! :::Adjusting my long ears hat:::
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

last i read WB5, the NGR wasn't a '4th reich'. if your looking for it, look at the chicago region.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
The Galactus Kid

Just wait. If its everything I hope it will be, it will end up being a pretty monumental book.

Alpha 11
Palladin

Lord_Coake wrote:Then hurry up and get it out. No rest til' it hits the shelves.

*cracks whip*

:twisted: :demon: Ya, you better, because NOW we know were you are sleeping for the next several weeks. So if we hear any bad reports about you and the book, we just might pay you a visit one night. BWA HA HA HA!!!!! :twisted: :demon:
The Galactus Kid

Threats only make me anxious and unproductive. You all better just buy me food and presents for positive reinforcement.

Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Threats only make me anxious and unproductive. You all better just buy me food and presents for positive reinforcement.

Make them frilly things so he feels pretty and special, and he works even better.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

tenakafurey wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Well, I did stay up until 3 last night, and woke up at 8:30. Triax 2 is going to be awesome with more world info and some great turns of events, while also having the gear that the gun bunnies want.

So long as it makes sense....the CS got a big power boost with WB11, and Triax/NGR is still supposedly more advanced than they are. That doesn't necessarily mean power creep...weapons or gear could be lighter/smaller with a greater payload than equivalent CS gear, or it could have some better features or maybe their tech took a different path...force fields for example.

Lots of options, which means lots of possibilities.

World info? I'm looking forward to the Brodkil/Gargoyle War myself....

EJL
It wont make sense because Palladium are allergic to making vehicle mounted guns do more than 2d4 x 10 MDC unless it's a Boomgun. Look at the Devestator Mk II in the Rifter, it was written up as being a massive improvement on the old one and it's main guns were supposed to do massive damage, but someone (either Alex or Kevin I presume) edited them back to 2d4 x 10 MDC before printing. It has a Boomgun on it's arm that looks like a toothpick in comparison to it's other guns but does almost double the damage.

What if you made a Devestator Mk III for this one which has a minigun made of 10 rotating Boomguns? How could they nerf that?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
kikkoman wrote:has all the art been finished for Triax 2?

Finished? As far as I know it hasn't even been started.

Do you need some? :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

My two cents:

Vehicles do need more powerful weapons, or they should be area effect weapons.

Also, Europe needs to be expanded, with a chance to update England (since Ar'thuu is in France).

Maybe the next worldbook could be Brodkil or Gargoyle Empire or Monster Empires of Europe.

Are the giants included (conversion book 1 alluded to monster races allied with the Gargoyle Empire).
Aramanthus
Monk

Hey Galactus Kid, make sure that you have a balanced an integrated new equipment for NGR. Simply because they will have an integrated military! And I know you are doing your best! So just keep up the great work! I know that many of us are dying to get your Worldbook into their hands and collections to use as soon as possible.

And as for NGR becoming the 4th reich. Actually that is my mistake. I hope it doesn't become the 5th Reich! How is that Glitterrboy?

:-)

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

The Galactus Kid wrote:Threats only make me anxious and unproductive. You all better just buy me food and presents for positive reinforcement.

:D You know we were just kidding right? :D :-? Uaa, right? :-?
tenakafurey
Wanderer

Unread post by tenakafurey »

grandmaster z0b wrote:It wont make sense because Palladium are allergic to making vehicle mounted guns do more than 2d4 x 10 MDC unless it's a Boomgun. Look at the Devestator Mk II in the Rifter, it was written up as being a massive improvement on the old one and it's main guns were supposed to do massive damage, but someone (either Alex or Kevin I presume) edited them back to 2d4 x 10 MDC before printing. It has a Boomgun on it's arm that looks like a toothpick in comparison to it's other guns but does almost double the damage.

Yes, we all know about that. The guns should do more damage, but this'll be a good place to "correct" such information.

However, the power differential is well known, with handguns out powering vehicle mounts and the best weapons on the planet being out done by second tier technology and so on. It doesn't make much sense...and it'd be nice if RIFTs had an official rule where manportable damage wasa divided by 10 or so...but that's what we have.

EJL
grandmaster z0b
Champion

tenakafurey wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:It wont make sense because Palladium are allergic to making vehicle mounted guns do more than 2d4 x 10 MDC unless it's a Boomgun. Look at the Devestator Mk II in the Rifter, it was written up as being a massive improvement on the old one and it's main guns were supposed to do massive damage, but someone (either Alex or Kevin I presume) edited them back to 2d4 x 10 MDC before printing. It has a Boomgun on it's arm that looks like a toothpick in comparison to it's other guns but does almost double the damage.

Yes, we all know about that. The guns should do more damage, but this'll be a good place to "correct" such information.

However, the power differential is well known, with handguns out powering vehicle mounts and the best weapons on the planet being out done by second tier technology and so on. It doesn't make much sense...and it'd be nice if RIFTs had an official rule where manportable damage wasa divided by 10 or so...but that's what we have.

EJL
What I'm trying to explain is that the freeelancers can put any damage they want on the Triax weapons, as they did with the Devestator MKII, but they get edited back to 2d4 x 10 or something before they get to print.

We really need to convince the big wigs at Palladium that they need to tackle the problem rather than The Galactus Kid.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
The Galactus Kid

I'm doing my best to justify a reasonable power increase. I just have to talk to kevin and get him on my side.

grandmaster z0b
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm doing my best to justify a reasonable power increase. I just have to talk to kevin and get him on my side.
There would be heaps of support from people on the boards, we should start an online petition.
Alpha 11
Palladin

grandmaster z0b wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm doing my best to justify a reasonable power increase. I just have to talk to kevin and get him on my side.
There would be heaps of support from people on the boards, we should start an online petition.

Well I am for it. As long as it is within reason.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

Something the size of the devestator should have a weapon or 2 that does 5D6x10 (a freaking CS Rocket Bike can do 3D6x10-figure that out). If the damage cannot be increased beyond this, they HAVE to be area effect! (to a 50' radius?) Otherwise, why invest millions of of credits in a giant robot or tank when 10 or 15 sets of power armor will do, or even 100 troopers in armor and carrying energy rifles? The ranges aren't even significantly improved over a laser rifle. I mean, what the hell sense does that make?
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Lord_Coake wrote:A missile barrage that does 4d6x10 is outright tame in comparison to what they should be doing -blowing stuff to piles of wreckage. I'd start using smaller die rolls and higher multipliers. IE: Rather than 4d6x10 its 2d6x20. Higher minimum damage=more damage overall.

Hell, a shoulder-mounted missile launcher in Underseas does boomgun damage. It's my favorite heavy weapon.

The devastator's main cannon should be on par with the heavy weapons seen in the likes of the Ticonderoga's pulse cannon. 1d4x100MD. It's description is that it blows **** up in single shots. Area effect should alse be a consideration.

Going up against the likes of a Devastator, Ulti Max or other massive war-machine should be something that makes Infantry shudder in thier boots. Not say "Let's get some JA-12's and LAWS-20's and we'll own 'em."

4d6 X 10 is, on average, 140 MDC. That pretty well blows most infantry to hell & back. Even most Vehicles aren't feeling too hot after a blast like that. It should be sufficient to lay waste to most buildings & landscape too.
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

5D6x10 is almost 1D4 x 100. 6D6 or 7D6 is even closer. I like the D6 better than the D4, it allows for more varience.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

shadrak wrote:5D6x10 is almost 1D4 x 100. 6D6 or 7D6 is even closer. I like the D6 better than the D4, it allows for more varience.

Not exactly. The averages aren't the same.

For example, 5d6 comes out to about 17.5 on average (rounding down to 17) x 10 would be 170 MDC. The average of 1d4 should be 2, x 100 would make it a flat 200 MDC.

The reasons for the D6 x 10 vs the D4 x 100 is that you'd see less of the upper end. How many times would you see someone roll 360 MDC on 5d6x10 vs how many times would you see someone roll 400 MDC on a d4 x 100?
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

You would see less of the upper range, and also less of the lower range. I guess varience wasn't the proper term. I meant more variety in damages.
The Galactus Kid

Danger wrote:How many times would you see someone roll 360 MDC on 5d6x10

ZERO :-D

Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

shadrak wrote:You would see less of the upper range, and also less of the lower range. I meant more variety in damages.

This is true, yes.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

Although, I just rolled 2 eighteens (3D6's) and a 34 (6D6)...In a row!!!
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

My fix to the Devastator problem was to add another zero to the damage of its main gun.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Aramanthus
Monk

I know that the Rifter article wasn't unreasonable. I still use both versions of the Devastator.

HH....FIE
The Galactus Kid

From the levels I set the Mk. II to where it was in the printing, it was unreasonable. I'm going to FIGHT for my devastator.

Aramanthus
Monk

How was if different Galactus kidd?

HH....FIE
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Well instead of an online petition, I'm going to start a thread with a voting button first. If someone else wants to start a proper petition then go right ahead. :D
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

HEY Galactus Kid
will triax 2 ever clarify triax and the NGR's stance of magik, that seems to be missing form the originial.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid

yes, It will. My goal for TRIAX 2 is to anser all the questions that people have, tell about the gargoyle wars, present new (and updated) tech, and justify what has been said in canon up to this point.

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

The Galactus Kid wrote:yes, It will. My goal for TRIAX 2 is to anser all the questions that people have, tell about the gargoyle wars, present new (and updated) tech, and justify what has been said in canon up to this point.

Sweet, just convince KS that armored vehicles, and vehicle mounted weapons in general, should be scary for infantry men to face.

And a weapon whose primary purpose is anti gargoyle should be able to waste a gurgoyle in one shot.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
The Galactus Kid

I will DISCUSS it with him and try to get im to see why each thing that I have wrtten does what it does. The important thing to remember is that all of this must conform to KEVINS view of the game world. I've talked to like 4 people who all play the Devestator a different way, which is cool. Its a framework that can be molded as the GM sees fit.

Aramanthus
Monk

Hey Galactus, thanks for listening. Please keep us posted. Thanks again.

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

Any ideal when they are going to do the art on the book?
The Galactus Kid

No Idea on the art yet, Alpha. I have to finish it first.

LeSquid, sorry, but for that infor you will either have to buy the book or wait for a review. Sorry man.

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

The Galactus Kid wrote:yes, It will. My goal for TRIAX 2 is to anser all the questions that people have, tell about the gargoyle wars, present new (and updated) tech, and justify what has been said in canon up to this point.

I hope your logic spreads to the other Palladium writers on every other topic!
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles

Return to “Rifts®”