Paired Weapons?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

As of Rifts Ultimate, yes paired weapons works for ranged weapons, though there are substantial penalties.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

TheWarriorPoet wrote:
demos606 wrote:As of Rifts Ultimate, yes paired weapons works for ranged weapons, though there are substantial penalties.

Unless one is a gunslinger.

The paired weapons WP has nothing to do with Gunslingers' ability to fire two pistols at once. Gunslingers get Paired Firearms as a class ability which is not at all related to the paired weapons WP.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

what are the penalties, or what page is the penalty presented on?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Well the WP Paired Weapons skill is on page 327 of RUE, however it says it doesn't apply to guns. I'm not sure where the OP got where it says modern or ancient.

Now in somewhat typical Palladium fashion, it adds right after that what the penalties are for shooting with a gun in each hand. It doesn't say that WP Paired Weapons applies to firearms.

The only other place I know where it's mentioned is page 346 under combat terms, and again says only ancient.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Well yes, becaue you are not swing them but it likely [I never fire to guns at the same time, I have swung two weapons] Very hard to hit with them because you pretty much firing from the hip, you can't aim two guns at the same time you can only point then at the same time.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:Thats funny, firing two guns at the same time I belive is alot easier than fighting with two weapons.

the problem isn't firing two guns at once. it's firing them with any kind of accuracy beyond pointblank range, and even that's tricky with two.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Devo001 wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:Well the WP Paired Weapons skill is on page 327 of RUE, however it says it doesn't apply to guns. I'm not sure where the OP got where it says modern or ancient.

Now in somewhat typical Palladium fashion, it adds right after that what the penalties are for shooting with a gun in each hand. It doesn't say that WP Paired Weapons applies to firearms.

The only other place I know where it's mentioned is page 346 under combat terms, and again says only ancient.

it says any modern or ancient weapons in the Note at the endof hand to hand combat terms page 37 of Rifts.

In what book? I just stated it was in RUE (ie Rifts Ultimate Edition).

I'm going to guess you mean the old, original Rifts Main Book, where Paired Weapons is on page 36? Sorry, it says nothing of using modern weapons at all. I only see Paired Weapons mentioned under the Hand to Hand skills of Expert and Martial Arts on page 37.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

You guys are confusing the heck out of me. Anyway, are there penalties? If there are, where are they?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

shadrak wrote:You guys are confusing the heck out of me. Anyway, are there penalties? If there are, where are they?

:P

Page 327 of RUE. -2 for primary hand and -6 for off hand. WP Paired Weapons doesn't help, anyone attempting to use two guns will have these penalties. (unless a OCC that has the Paired Firearms skill, then no penalty)
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

Sometimes I don't know where they came up with the penalties and bonuses...I really don't understand the Palladium combat system...anyway, thanks for the assist!!!
AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

Just use laser targeting on both of your guns, then it's easy to aim when a red dot is on your target.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

AllMightyRCB wrote:Just use laser targeting on both of your guns, then it's easy to aim when a red dot is on your target.

ever try? it'll still take a long time to do that.

besides, that's only +1 strike ;)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:
shadrak wrote:Sometimes I don't know where they came up with the penalties and bonuses...I really don't understand the Palladium combat system...anyway, thanks for the assist!!!

It was the penalty for 2nd edition D&D using two weapon fighting.

No, it wasn't. It was -2 main hand, -4 off hand.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Rifts®”