pause temporal flow

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

could you move a person?

yeah, they could be moved from where they are.
41%
no, they are rooted to wherever they are in that instant.
59%

Total votes: 17

znbrtn
Hero

pause temporal flow

Unread post by znbrtn »

when you use the pause EVERYTHING option, would you be able to move a person? not necessarily move specific portions of their body, but move them entirely from where they are.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

I'll go to get PU3 very soon. SO i'm guessing here now, but from what is said, I think that we could use a rule brought form an old tv series. Essentially you cna move objects as you wish. But for moving perosn you've to bring them in your time flow. Essentially to move something you've to "un-stop" them, and them only. So if you try to move a villain you'll make him/her awaken and aware again. As thumb rule I would suggest you can move only 20lb +10 lb per level of inorganic material, and only one person per level. At least considering how muhc i understood the power in question.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

personally the first time I play that power Im going
to use the time slip to pants a villan
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

ROFLMAO!!! Good use of a power LC!! :lol: :lol:
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

It depends on a number of things(power level of the campaigne being number1 and who is playing the charcter with the power being #2).

And if you have bio-aura can you move tings you normally wouldn't?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Whiz Kid wrote:Well said... I think. :lol:

Seriously though, the power makes it quite clear that if you stop time for anything, it becomes completely indestructable. However, it also makes mention of setting traps and the like. There's nothing to stop the villain from pausing time, drawing a sword, and placing it to a person's throat before resuming time and lopping off a head... or similar but equally dastardly deeds. I think pulling the pin on a grenade and slipping it into the nearest hardware character's bag before running could be very... devastating.

God yes, its not so much that you're doing something 'immoral', just that you're doing something that your opponent has basically _no_ chance at preventing, which in game terms would be considered cheating. Although I guess it does fall into the same category as sniping.. although even that has a to-hit roll required, while using this power to move the bullet next to a villain or placing that grenade in their bag is pretty much no roll required (by the sounds of it).

I suspect that it's a power we'd rule out of bounds - as abusable or more so than negate superpowers against a superstrength target lifting a car over their head.
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

gadrin wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:I'll admit to liking the original version posted in Rifter. You could Freeze Time but, You only had a 10ft sphere of movement in which to do anything as, all matter was frozen in time, Air is matter, so think wall.

which Rifter # was it in ?

#1, it was one of Dreamfox's powers...
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I'd say you can move and manipulate. I mean there's a guy doing it
on TV right now. I won't say who.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

remember, kids, that every time you bring real world physics into a fantasy world discussion that god kills a catgirl. :D
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I thought everyone knew that?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Daniel Stoker wrote:I thought everyone knew that?

Daniel Stoker

You couldent find a larger picture
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Lord Cherico wrote:You couldent find a larger picture

I was in a hurry at the time. :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

Daniel Stoker wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:You couldent find a larger picture

I was in a hurry at the time. :p

Daniel Stoker

your breaking my heart once I could say that danny he is a mench
no a prince among men, hes smart intellegent but now some thing
like this happens how am I supposed to explain this, but Im not angry
at you Im just wodenering how you could do this to us the people
that like you, and debate with you and hang on your every word
Last edited by Prince Cherico on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”