Two heros in one?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Two heros in one?

Unread post by rat_bastard »

just out of curiosity, is it possible to have a hero who is a mix of two different hero types? like a magicly imbued mutant or (in the case I want) a Eugenic annaylitical hero?
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Make him have multiple personalities, one personality can use magic, the other can use the super powers, they can't mix. Should keep things from getting out of hand. :)

Makes for some fun roleplaying too. Each personality refuses to believe the other one exists. Deny deny deny, even when evidence is provided.
Last edited by LostOne on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

the idea is a annyalitical genius/eugenic hero, a scientist that was literally grown for the purpose of develpoing technologys to defend the human race.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

mostly accepted solution: apply both sets of abilities and bump up to mega-hero status(except without the standard mega-bonuses, since they have two focuses already). apply an achilles heel or two, then have fun with an interesting character.

less powerful version for scaredy-cat GM's*: same as above, but reduce the eugenics budget by 1/3-1/2, and then halve the natural genius's skill bonus, mental abilities and possibly attribute bonuses.

*scaredy-cat GM's tend to be unable to scale the adventure to the character, and thus, blame it all on the player. there is no cure as of yet for this condition, but many frustrated players(myself included) are working towards one. :D
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Shadow wrote:that almost sounded like an insult from a munchkin. (almost)

A GM"s responciblity istoward ALL players not just the one with the most powerful hero.

yeah, i didn't *quite* mean it in the munchkin way. i've just been in a lot of situations where a GM would rather screw everyone out of neat ideas than make any alterations to his adventure.

as for the party balance issue, i've always been a firm believer in everyone making their characters together so they can have a well-ballanced team.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Have a super invention-based cross between symbiote and embued, the symbiote providing the embuing agent, in one game, have to look him over to recall exactly what we did, but recall spending a fair amount of time working it out.
If I recall it was rolled out on both, averaged, and divided up been awhile though. The embued powers were 2 major, and the AI symbiote had radar and computer links at a set level. And he lugged around a gimmicked out sword that relied on his powers to use well.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

You can also go with the standard Genius, but give them 1-3 Eugenics powers without multi-classing.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
RockJock
Knight

I agree. Using the combination of power classes as an alternative to the standard Mega or the newer Immortal works very well. I usually limit it to a skill based class plus a equipment based class, but that is just personal preference. There is no reason why a power based class couldn't be combined with one of the others.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

All right lets create one right now using mega disavantages

Experement/Super soldier lantent Psionic
Level 3
Major Powers
Sonic flight, Techno form, Zombie Flesh

Super solger inhancements
Brain boost, Hypnotic mental conditioning,Uncanny targeting,
Bionic weapon systems (Laser blast, retractable forarm blades)

Super psy powers
Mind block auto defense, Super TK

Minor psy powers
Sixth sense, Speed reading, Total recall, Object read, Astral projection,
Sense time

Sponsering Organization-Criminal
Motive for procedure-Criminal motives
Nature of Procedure Exposure to unknown quanitiy
Current Status active agent in the program

Alinment- Aberant
Name- Recovery

IQ-20 ME-15 MA-15 PP-9 PE-16 PS-13 PB-12 SPD-11

(more to come)
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
RockJock
Knight

That is a power + power situation, the type I usually wouldn't allow. Now a Psychic who picks up a Rune weapon, sure.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”