The Dark Secret

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Dark Dogma wrote:This represents my opening salvo in a war against boredom. Living in the 9th most dangerous city in the U.S. I could use an escape from reality.
1st person who tells me which one that is gets a bonus level.

-Dark Dogma

P.S.: Who here watches "Heroes" ?

Who doesn't?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

me
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Dark Dogma wrote: Living in the 9th most dangerous city in the U.S. I could use an escape from reality.
?

Little Rock, Arkansas? :-o
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Dark Dogma wrote:Not even close Eclipse. But thank you so much for playing our game.

Darn! That was my best shot too! :lol:
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Nemo235
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nemo235 »

Dark Dogma wrote:This represents my opening salvo in a war against boredom. Living in the 9th most dangerous city in the U.S. I could use an escape from reality.

-Dark Dogma

P.S.: Who here watches "Heroes" ?

Youngstown, Ohio, according to infoplease.com.
Please check out my Deviant Art gallery
and my Mutants & Magic blog.
Nemo235
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nemo235 »

Sure, but I've never played by post before. Should I make my own character? If so, can I use Powers Unlimited 1,2 and 3? Do I just post my own actions, and you describe what happens? Sorry I'm so clueless...
:?
Please check out my Deviant Art gallery
and my Mutants & Magic blog.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Well think about it....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Genhuman
Wanderer

Unread post by Genhuman »

Lets see.. this would be enough to get me out of my almost perpetual lurkerhood. Send me a PM with your guidlines.. and I will be happy to create a character and play. It been so long since I have been on the playing side of the screen.. this should be fun.

By guidelines I mean:
Any banned catagories..(no mega.. no symbiote.. etc)?
Are we starting at first level.... third...?

Any house rules of which we should be aware?

Any crossover OCCs?

How Powerful? Street Level, City Level, National Level, Cosmic?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Genhuman wrote:Lets see.. this would be enough to get me out of my almost perpetual lurkerhood. Send me a PM with your guidlines.. and I will be happy to create a character and play. It been so long since I have been on the playing side of the screen.. this should be fun.

By guidelines I mean:
Any banned catagories..(no mega.. no symbiote.. etc)?
Are we starting at first level.... third...?

Any house rules of which we should be aware?

Any crossover OCCs?

How Powerful? Street Level, City Level, National Level, Cosmic?

Same here....
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

4. Unlike so many movies, ninjas are not a common enemy, and even fewer are a viable choice for character submissions.

While I DO NOT want to play a ninja, who caused that?
Genhuman
Wanderer

And why do i suddenly see an NPC villain.. with darkness control, Multiple selves, and body weapons, dressed all in black with a balaclava on his head... suddenly attack me.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Fine by me, I'm writing up a few character ideas that have been floating around in my head.
Then I'll send 'em to ya...
Genhuman
Wanderer

I've already sent you a couple.. .but if you want.. i will send you some of my favorites... Can't wait to get started....
My mother was a test tube, my father was a knife.

More human than human.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

sounds fairly interesting...but, uh, quesiton, we be playing the "good guys" or bad guys here?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Genhuman
Wanderer

My impression was the good guys.... and the concepts i sent to him were along those lines....

But who knows... I've been wrong many times before.

More human than human.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Dark Dogma wrote:I accidentally deleted all my old messages, so whatever ideas got sent were lost. Otherwise I wouldn't ask again. And yes, you will be playing the good guys. Although the overall scale has changed a little bit...

Ah, that's cool. Well, you only introduced the "bad guys" so to speak, so we could have either been playing a hero's game to _stop_ the guy, but it was also possible we'd have been playing trying to take over the city. Hence the question.

and that's cool.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Vegas
They say Im one of the top Telekintics on earth or at least
when go bezerk. Yea Im responsible for what happened In
Yonkers, but man I was 5 years old and I did my time
in one of those special facilitys they make for people like me.
I grew up with out seeing my parents, with out friends and
most of all with out women I spent 16 years in a plastic box,
I think I suffered enough. Ok yes a lot of people were killed
by me 137 or 142 if you include the suisides and pregnate women
that resulted but I was five years old its been 16 years Ive said
Im sorry why cant people forgive.

(OCC Neo Human from "rifts south america")
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

I'll see if I can resend the PM I sent you.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Dark Dogma wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:Vegas
They say Im one of the top Telekintics on earth or at least
when go bezerk. Yea Im responsible for what happened In
Yonkers, but man I was 5 years old and I did my time
in one of those special facilitys they make for people like me.
I grew up with out seeing my parents, with out friends and
most of all with out women I spent 16 years in a plastic box,
I think I suffered enough. Ok yes a lot of people were killed
by me 137 or 142 if you include the suisides and pregnate women
that resulted but I was five years old its been 16 years Ive said
Im sorry why cant people forgive.

(OCC Neo Human from "rifts south america")

Just WHAT is this supposed to be ?

just an idea
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Dark Dogma wrote:Not very super-heroic is it ? As far as I'm concerned, something like that would have been sent into the sun. There is such a notion as "Too dangerous to live".

Neo Human from south america. basically genetically egineered people who are basically superior to human in all physical aspects and have more psychic powers than a normal Psychic character, including special powers only they can use like Hyper TElekenis which can lift tons, and a Supernatural transformation that gives them a heck of a lot of PS and DC.

it's also a Rifts OCC, so i'm not sure why it's here either.

Genhuman
Wanderer

well.. I have sent you some basic concepts.... any of them you want me to flesh out and play is fine by me..... well except for "badger".. he was more of an off the top of my head tribute thing... nothing I would actually want to play.

More human than human.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Dark Dogma wrote:Have you given any thought to the type of thing you'd want to give a shot ?

Mutant, Mystic Study, Physical training sounds like good choices to me :)

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Imbued or magic weapon sound good to me.
Stattick
Adventurer

Unread post by Stattick »

Are you still looking for players?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”