Telekenetic Leap and Weighlessnes/Anti-Gravity

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Personally Id bump him up a theoretical strength class when he jumps
if hes normal strength he now jumps at extrodinary levels, if extrondiany
super human, if super human supernatural, if supernatural double every
thing
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Baron vonClogg wrote:That would be up to you, I guess, and how long you can wait while leaping.... Weightlessness means that he'll keep going in whatever direction he jumps until he turns the power off. Of course, he has to come back down so you may want to limit the height during normal use to a safe falling distance.

So.... I would rule that one can safely leap a horizontal distance roughly equal to the distance they can safely fall from.

Weightless means that he'll keep going till the friction of the air slows him to a stop. Its weightlessness, not perpetuall motion.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

The Baron vonClogg wrote:
v = v_i - c*v*t/m
----> v = v_i / ( 1 + c*t/m ); where c/m is is about 1/5 or so.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought you had written v=victim.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”