Sourcebook 1

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Sourcebook 1

Unread post by Subjugator »

OK - I've got a copy of Sourcebook 1. I'm going through it right now.

/Sub

P.S. Neener!
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

You have it.......for now.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

spoliers I yearn for spoliers
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

ARRRRGG, when will it reach my hands in Canada....sigh..gasp.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Subjugator

What kind of spoilers are you looking for? The plans of NEMA...and who...well, I can't tell you that part, can I? Their possible interactions with ARCHIE? The new old armors that are bad as hell? The new weapons that are suhweet?

Should I tell you about the horrorshow ideas that Kev came up with and the long term plans he has that have been made evident in this book? How about North America and where it's headed?

Oh, my brothers, this is a fine and dandy time. I don't speak lightly when I say his best writing is occurring right now. His writing is...GOLDEN. Yes. Golden. That's a good word.

That's also a hint of something cool.

So...ask me your questions. I won't lie, but I will be evil about it.

*giggle*

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Subjugator wrote:What kind of spoilers are you looking for? The plans of NEMA...and who...well, I can't tell you that part, can I? Their possible interactions with ARCHIE? The new old armors that are bad as hell? The new weapons that are suhweet?

Should I tell you about the horrorshow ideas that Kev came up with and the long term plans he has that have been made evident in this book? How about North America and where it's headed?

Oh, my brothers, this is a fine and dandy time. I don't speak lightly when I say his best writing is occurring right now. His writing is...GOLDEN. Yes. Golden. That's a good word.

*giggle*

/Sub

Cruel Cruel Villan... Congrats on your copy of SB1, just read the murmor
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Subjugator wrote:So...ask me your questions. I won't lie, but I will be evil about it.

/Sub

So what would you do for your Dragon, or I'll go as far as to say all your characters in my games, to have a Shemarrian Rail Gun?

I'll be by shortly after 6p for my Book if you want that deal.

:D :lol:
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Subjugator wrote:What kind of spoilers are you looking for? The plans of NEMA...and who...well, I can't tell you that part, can I? Their possible interactions with ARCHIE? The new old armors that are bad as hell? The new weapons that are suhweet?

*giggle*

/Sub

what are the republicans plans?
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Lord Cherico wrote:what are the republicans plans?

Why, to side with the Evil White ***** who rules Gnarria, start wiretaps, and stop gay marriage of course. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799949/

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

*giggle*

/Sub
just post the enitre thing here :D

Its Clockwork A.R.C.H.I.E.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Why must you torture us so :P

Answer: Because you can you evil bas%#$@@!!$%^^^#@!@!@#$@#%

:D :D

Can't wait for the book, enjoy it you lucky dog!

Carl
ImageImage
Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

That bad, bad Subjugator

Unread post by Kevin »

Yep, I knew sending Subby the proofreader's xerox copy was dangerous. Of course, at the time, I figured he'd only have it a day or two before the rest of the world. That was before the printer's color press broke down and the shipping of the book was delayed till next Tuesday or Wednesday. (You can get details in the latest press release or my Murmur.)

Now, evil Subjugator (who fools people into thinking he's a nice guy) has pretty much a week to torture you guys.

Thank goodness I know what's in the book. Of course, I'm not tellin' either.

I do, however, agree that I am doing some of my best writing EVER! That's not ego, it is a statement born from creative excitement. Ideas are just pouring out of me. I just finished writing the D-Bee description for Ramon Perez's weird little pot belly alien that crops up in illustrations here and there. I'm calling him the Fingertooth Carpetbagger. I also got Ramon to draw a new picture of the character for the D-Bee book before he ran off to the New York City Comic Con.

Gotta run.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Unwitting Supplier of Torture Material for the Evil Subjugator
Subjugator

Re: That bad, bad Subjugator

Kevin wrote:Yep, I knew sending Subby the proofreader's xerox copy was dangerous. Of course, at the time, I figured he'd only have it a day or two before the rest of the world. That was before the printer's color press broke down and the shipping of the book was delayed till next Tuesday or Wednesday. (You can get details in the latest press release or my Murmur.)

Now, evil Subjugator (who fools people into thinking he's a nice guy) has pretty much a week to torture you guys.

Thank goodness I know what's in the book. Of course, I'm not tellin' either.

I do, however, agree that I am doing some of my best writing EVER! That's not ego, it is a statement born from creative excitement. Ideas are just pouring out of me. I just finished writing the D-Bee description for Ramon Perez's weird little pot belly alien that crops up in illustrations here and there. I'm calling him the Fingertooth Carpetbagger. I also got Ramon to draw a new picture of the character for the D-Bee book before he ran off to the New York City Comic Con.

Gotta run.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Unwitting Supplier of Torture Material for the Evil Subjugator

Ooooohhh...good name!

/Sub

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Dang it. I thought we banned that Kevin guy...

I'll talk to NMI about this.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Mack wrote:Dang it. I thought we banned that Kevin guy...

I say you ban Subjugator for a week or so. :P
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

Nxla666 wrote:

I second that motion! ALL IN FAVOR???

:D
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

MASTERMIND wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:

I second that motion! ALL IN FAVOR???

:D

Ah just do it for 10 minutes to toy with him ;) or rather every other 10 minutes for a week :demon: even better ;) at least until he cracks :D
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Hear NMI is taking bribes from that Kevin guy. :badbad:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Subjugator

OK guys.

I'll stop telling you about SB1.

For example, I won't say that Operation CS America put my jaw on the ground. I won't say that the newly mentioned power armors in the NEMA line (to which ARCHIE has full manufacturing plans) are totally freaking cool. I DEFINITELY won't say that the new Glitter Boy I read about was...well, hell...it's a new Glitter Boy!

There are a few other things I won't mention - like the new art for a few of the monsters that is absolutely beautiful...or the fact that it's a much larger book than the original SB1. I think I'll also avoid talking about the personalities contained therein. It would be beyond the pale for me to talk about Golden...oh, never mind.

/Sub

Subjugator

duck-foot wrote:Sub first im gonna strangle you, then im going to smoother you with a fluffy pink pillow. and at your funeral im gonna put a purple sparkling 2-2 on you. if you dont fork over some info. what your doing is soooo very cruel. and if i didnt preorder the book id be laughing at all the unfortunate people right along with you, but i did...... so im :badbad: . come on ya know you wanna spill your guts.... say something before i explode.

OK.

I'll say something.

SOMETHING.

There. I said it. You didn't think I would, but I did.

/Sub

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Subbie, this is not funny, Fork over some info NOW.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Specific Question: We've had a few hints to this "Golden" thing now... what is it?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-sigh-
Y'know.. I have money.. I am willing to use said money to buy this book.
However, the longer it takes for this book to show up, the greater probabaility I will just take my money and use it to purchase something else.
Like say.... the WH40K RPG when it finally comes out.
Or, the soundtrack for 'Ghost Rider'.
Perhaps even my very own DVD copy of 'The prestige'.

So BIG HINT; just ship the damned thing out already so you have a chance of actually making a sale on it while I have the cash!

This sorta teasing is really in low taste...
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

So subbie, is there any power armor in the new Source book that fulfill the same role as the Northern Gun Gladius? You know, a Cheap battery powerd infantry armor? Is there new chipwell suits?
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Subjugator

DhAkael wrote:-sigh-
Y'know.. I have money.. I am willing to use said money to buy this book.
However, the longer it takes for this book to show up, the greater probabaility I will just take my money and use it to purchase something else.
Like say.... the WH40K RPG when it finally comes out.
Or, the soundtrack for 'Ghost Rider'.
Perhaps even my very own DVD copy of 'The prestige'.

So BIG HINT; just ship the damned thing out already so you have a chance of actually making a sale on it while I have the cash!

This sorta teasing is really in low taste...

Hey man,

This is me...not Palladium. I'm not an employee (other than an honorary one)...I'm just the guy lucky enough to have gotten his hands on the first printing of the book.

They are shipping it as soon as they can. Trust me when I say that this stresses them out beyond belief. They worked their butt off to make this perfect for us, and they did a very good job. It was only bad luck...a fluke...that led to this delay. The books don't even exist yet...the copy I have is on copy paper and came out of a computer printer. It's the one that was given to the proofreader to make sure there were no errors within before it was sent to the printer.

Sorry if I sound rude or mean. I honestly thought the folks out here would enjoy hearing what tidbits I can give 'em.

-Dennis

Subjugator

rat_bastard wrote:So subbie, is there any power armor in the new Source book that fulfill the same role as the Northern Gun Gladius? You know, a Cheap battery powerd infantry armor? Is there new chipwell suits?

Honestly - I'll have to go over it again to see if anything like that is in there.

As for the Golden stuff...

I'll give you a BIG hint.

If you look for SILVER, you might find that which is GOLDEN as well.

/Sub

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

so some golden glitter boys, this should not be a surprise people...
Subjugator

rat_bastard wrote:so some golden glitter boys, this should not be a surprise people...

Actually...

...no.

/Sub

Subjugator

Kevin Beckman wrote:Eagle?

*grin*

I didn't say anything!

/Sub

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

oh, okay, condor samas, I forgot....
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

Yay! What does he win, Subby?!

I know! A PM with a whole sentence from the book in it!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Sub, you gotta give us something- the book is late, you are the only person with a copy and it is getting very frustrating. I Pre-ordered the book and now I have to wait even longer for it for reasons that are epidemic with palladium books. Its almost like you are dangling my copy over my head and taunting me.
Subjugator

rat_bastard wrote:Sub, you gotta give us something- the book is late, you are the only person with a copy and it is getting very frustrating. I Pre-ordered the book and now I have to wait even longer for it for reasons that are epidemic with palladium books. Its almost like you are dangling my copy over my head and taunting me.

Seriously man - I'm giving you all that I can within the bounds of honor. I told Kev I would give bits, but wouldn't give specifics.

Here's some more though...I'm going to have to crossreference it, but I believe this to be true:

James T. has more story behind him now.

The rest is true:

The Republicans...well, they have their own plans and they have my jaw on the floor and there's a very good reason why ARCHIE dislikes the Republicans.

/Sub

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Other than the rules for Robot creation, are there any other rule's/clarifications/expansion of rules in it? Or maybe the Q & A section that was in the original SB1 has been included and expanded?

Personally all I'd really like to see are burst rules and the monster generator from the original RMB.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I'd like to thank you for answering my question. :)

Um.. is Kent Burles listed as one of the artists? *squints eyes and crosses fingers, no*

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Subjugator, if you don't use ARCHIE in your Rifts game, is there enough new material to warrant a purchase of the new SB1? Or is the new material entirely ARCHIE focussed?

I am considering a Rifts SA campaign and I wondered if the new SB1 book included resources useful for games beyond NA.
Carl Gleba

Is the NGR power armor still in there? Man the memories I have of the Ulti-Max and the Predator. The UM was my favorite. I think I died when I saw the long art for it!

Carl
ImageImage
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I'd like to thank you for answering my question. :)

Um.. is Kent Burles listed as one of the artists? *squints eyes and crosses fingers, no*

According to this, the answer to that question is a no.

Of course, there is a chance that Burles art is included, and that his name was accidentally omitted from the credit page.

~ Josh
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

*peeks, reads. nods*

GOOD....

ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

I think all the old Power Armers are in there. I remember seeing the Ulti-Max picture (although smaller than before) in Sub's copy.

There are also 2 new Republican Power Armors that I remember. Although I did forget to look at their weapons and damage. The new Stretegic Air Military Assault Suit for them LOOKS great from the art. Like a flashier NG 'Red Hawk'.

I did like the reprinting of the Monsters and the new art for them. It even includes the Xiticix Warrior in it. Sort of like whatever was cut from the RMB for R:UE is now in the new SB1. I didn't see monster creation tables though. But the Robot ones are there!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

ApocalypseZero wrote:I think all the old Power Armers are in there. I remember seeing the Ulti-Max picture (although smaller than before) in Sub's copy.

There are also 2 new Republican Power Armors that I remember. Although I did forget to look at their weapons and damage. The new Stretegic Air Military Assault Suit for them LOOKS great from the art. Like a flashier NG 'Red Hawk'.

I did like the reprinting of the Monsters and the new art for them. It even includes the Xiticix Warrior in it. Sort of like whatever was cut from the RMB for R:UE is now in the new SB1. I didn't see monster creation tables though. But the Robot ones are there!
nice :D
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

You know, i used to Color GB Gold anyways. I thought Golden just looked cooler.

So about these Golden Glitter Armors...
Is one a Chromium Guardsman (USA-10 GB) ?? basicly ??
Is One a Silver Eagle SAMAS but golden ??

We wanta know ;) :P
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Carl Gleba

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:I think I died when I saw the long art for it!

If that makes you a zombie Carl we have problems.

:lol: :shock: :lol:

Seriously................................no zombies.

No autographs for you when Hades comes out :x :D
ImageImage

Return to “Rifts®”