Sharpshooting useless after RUE?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Sharpshooting useless after RUE?

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Now that it takes two attacks for an aimed shot and three for an aimed called shot is sharpshooting all its cracked up to be?
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I never actually considered what you are saying. I saw the different rules and presumed that for those with the sharpshooting skill, aimed shots count as one attack and called shots count as two, but for the unskilled aimed shots count as two attacks and called as three.
That has how I understood it and how I have been playing it, but now you have got me thinking I have been wrong - not that I plan on changing my playstyle now.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

15 seconds to line to line up your sites for a head shot
yea that sounds pretty fair
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Not only that, but it will balance out the Tech side with the Magic side.

Now everyone is going to be up in arms about that one.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

It doesn't take skill into the factoring. Speed is also essential to good marksmanship; it is attained by practice in both dry-fire and live-fire exercises. It is an acquired skill gained through extensive training that combines other skills when delivering fire. I am much faster now than i was before basic training. When i joined the army shooting teams my ablity line up targets and fire and hit my target kept getting faster. These rules don't take that into consideration :x

Return to “Rifts®”