"Captain America, Meet Optimus Prime..."

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Uncle Servo
Champion

"Captain America, Meet Optimus Prime..."

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

I saw this mentioned on TFW2005.com and thought it had particular relevance here given recent threads of discussion:

Avengers/Transformers Crossover Announcement On Marvel.com

This was the first I'd heard of it, though others may already know about it.

Okay sure, so it's a blatant marketing ploy... but in truth, I know I've been wondering how this sort of scenario would play out for years now.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: "Captain America, Meet Optimus Prime..."

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Uncle Servo wrote:I saw this mentioned on TFW2005.com and thought it had particular relevance here given recent threads of discussion:

Okay sure, so it's a blatant marketing ploy... but in truth, I know I've been wondering how this sort of scenario would play out for years now.

Too much free time, Servo, too much free time...
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

The Baron vonClogg wrote:Didn't Spiderman cross over with the Transformers in the 80s, during the black costume era? He's fighting Megatron on the cover of Transformers#3....

Yes, they did that quite a bit when that company had the liscense to produce the comics for that line. They were fighting marvel villains as well.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Uncle Servo
Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Too much free time, Servo, too much free time...

This, coming from someone who's got the latest post in 1/4 - 1/3 of all the active posts on the first page of this forum? :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Uncle Servo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Too much free time, Servo, too much free time...

This, coming from someone who's got the latest post in 1/4 - 1/3 of all the active posts on the first page of this forum? :lol:

Yes, I know a lot about having too much free time! :lol: :-P :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Alejandro wrote:I would like to point out that, unlike Captain America, Optimus Prime would NEVER sell out his fellow Autobots.

Ultramagnus might, he might.... :-P
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

if the punisher and Archee can have a cross over why not this?
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Lord Cherico wrote:if the punisher and Archee can have a cross over why not this?

That crossover made me cry.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:if the punisher and Archee can have a cross over why not this?

My advice never read the obscure what if comic where the punisher
is gay
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Lord Cherico wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

is gay

Okay, you can stop now....
Uncle Servo
Champion

Alejandro wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Alejandro wrote:I would like to point out that, unlike Captain America, Optimus Prime would NEVER sell out his fellow Autobots.

Ultramagnus is no Optimus Prime... :-D

Well... just looking at the toys themselves, Ultra Magnus IS Optimus Prime... just with a different trailer. :lol:

I've been listening to the fan commentary on the TF:TM, and the general consensus was that Ultra Magnus is an example of what NOT to do when you're the Autobot leader. :nh:
Uncle Servo
Champion

The Baron vonClogg wrote:But let's not judge Ultra Magnus too harshly: he was just a soldier. He knew he wasn't worthy! He had neither the touch, nor the power!

True, true... his spark was in the right place. :ok:

I guess the moral of the story here is, never hang ALL your hopes on a hero who doesn't have his own theme song.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Uncle Servo wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Ultramagnus is no Optimus Prime... :-D

Well... just looking at the toys themselves, Ultra Magnus IS Optimus Prime... just with a different trailer. :lol:

I've been listening to the fan commentary on the TF:TM, and the general consensus was that Ultra Magnus is an example of what NOT to do when you're the Autobot leader. :nh:

I made him a spy for the other side using these characters in a campaign.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

is gay

but the pink skull it still haunts me
Uncle Servo
Champion

Lord Cherico wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

is gay

but the pink skull it still haunts me

Cherico, I got two words for you -- SEEK THERAPY. :lol:
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Alejandro wrote:I liked Ultramagnus, but I knew even as a kid he wasn't a real head honcho kinda leader. He made a great XO, but he's a lot like Saul Tigh...his job is to make the troops love Optimus & Rodimus that much more because they're not as strict as Ultramagnus.

I did at least think Ultramagnus always looked cooler than Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Rodimus with his trailer always made me think of an RV...not a semi. :lol:

I liked Hot Rod, but never Rodimus.
I was all too happy when they brought back Optimus Prime! :D
(then they cancelled the series in the States... :-( )
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

My cousin assembled my Ultra magnus for me in the dark.
I got him from Santa.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

is gay

No NO do tell....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Ultra Magnus told prime he wasn't worthy. He told him he was just a soldier.

Not his fault Prime didn't listen and go "Oh yeah, you're right. Springer, get over here."

;)

whoops, sorry Baron -- missed you saying the same damn thing in my scan.
Last edited by Marrowlight on Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Uncle Servo wrote:I saw this mentioned on TFW2005.com and thought it had particular relevance here given recent threads of discussion:

Likewise...though I always felt it would have done better as a DC crossover. The Aliens the JLA fights are far cooler.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Marrowlight
Knight

Lord Cherico wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

is gay

And by obscure I'm guessing you mean non official....'cause as an owner of every What If save a couple of Conan ones....I've never seen this.

Marrowlight
Knight

Novastar wrote:
Alejandro wrote:I liked Ultramagnus, but I knew even as a kid he wasn't a real head honcho kinda leader. He made a great XO, but he's a lot like Saul Tigh...his job is to make the troops love Optimus & Rodimus that much more because they're not as strict as Ultramagnus.

I did at least think Ultramagnus always looked cooler than Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Rodimus with his trailer always made me think of an RV...not a semi. :lol:

I liked Hot Rod, but never Rodimus.
I was all too happy when they brought back Optimus Prime! :D
(then they cancelled the series in the States... :-( )

Rodimus had his moments -- most of them just came too late into the game to do anything though.

Of the three seasons released in the states, the third is actually the one that holds up the best when watched as an adult.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”