Women in Costume

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Sir_Spirit wrote:Yet, in america women dressed like that would rightfully be assumed to be hookers.

Wow, you should check out the Baltimore Inner Harbor in the summer time, or Ocean City, MD. You'd probably think there was an international hooker's convention going on. And don't ever go to Rio De Janeiro! They wear outfits that would make vampirella blush.

No I wouldn't, I didn't include myself in that statement.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

In our games we tend to have a few different sorts of situations.

1) Situation normal: You're a superhero, you dress in a costume. Mostly this means variations on the costumes you see in comics, so yes, women tend to be in skimpy, skin tight or spandex. They're superheroes after all.

2) undercover super heros: These are well. Undercover. The bright costumes arn't used then, but still it's a far cry from a walking clanking tank. or

3) Black ops. For a government or a staged strike on bad guys, where in yes, black might be dawned, faces painted cammo. and maybe some body armor added. Thing is this is alot more RARE in our HEROs game.

As somone said, body armor is expensive,and well we're playing superheros. You have pretty good SDC. If you catch enough bullets to where it's no longer "A flesh wound" and about to hit your Hit Points. TAKE COVER or RUN AWAY.

So few people realize these are options.

But yeah, the girls in our game are far more likely to be dressed like the Wasp or super girl or the white queen, over some bulked out combat wombat.

In our games if you want to play that, we can just play rifts and everyone has armor. *chuckels*
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

My accessories include important staples such as black boots: tipped, or untipped.
Leather or canvas belt.
Fedora, or Beret.
Gloves: open-fingered, or full-fingered.
Sunglassess: black, or mirrorshade

so the Pimp/federal agent look?
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Clothing doesn't make one easy bro. *chuckels and looks around nervously* And if it did. Hush up. do you want them to wear more?
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Tom Sawyer wrote:And people wonder why guy gamers and comic fans get a bad rep.

I don't know a single gamer or comic fan who actually wonders that....
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

Personally, I always liked Jenny Sparks.

"I won't wear one of this damnfool spandex body-condom things. I don't have the bust for it."

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

I wan tot add some thought on this arguments about WHY women wear very revealing outfit in comis and spandex.
1) distract opponent, this is true if you are very good looking and most superheroine in comic are. As someone said once time, the good goblin if i reall correctly "how can Spiderman fight girl wiht body like that time after time without getting distracted!!".
2) As someone pointed out some powers just don't work well with armors. Actually some powers do not nee d to wear anything at all. Some APS powers, Shapechange(Mystica goes naked all the time , she morph her skin in clothes), Bio Armor(Wearing an armor in this case is well stupid)
3) Sometimes , for better use of your skills and ability you need ot be LIGHT Clothed, Martial artist and Speedster prefer very light clothes to any armor , in order to not be impaired in their movements even a -15% to their skill is not acceptable at all.
4) When your opponents generally chew kisentite, cut trough tanks like a hot knife butter, shot plasma from eyes and lift cars like they were air ballons, well armor is a mere optional useless and heavy. At least better show off wha tyou got girls, it help you better(Wasp in Ultimates was essential in distracting Hluk flashin him with her ahem *****..)
I preferred Angie over Jenny, Engineer is naked all the times and she is easy and proud of be that! 8-)
And I heard Super girl? Bahhh
Much better POWER girl
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/ ... ergirl.jpg
I'm on fire every time i watch this pic. How one could fight such girl without thinking "WOAAAHH MAMA ARETHOSE REAL?"
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Errr All men but me....I'm 100% pig and 100% idiot
And I'm proud of being one :D
And sincerle yi don't saying tha twould cause a serious distraction
but at least would give few seconds
ANd again armor in comics are useless unlessare power armors or super armors
Between armor piercing weapons, laser, boom guns, punch that deliver more than 1000 point of damage with asingle blow. Well if agilr has PB of 25 , at least give people a nige good looking target! So they will have wet dream while getting their arse whooped. .....
Saaaayyy alejandro you were beatend by agirl in your life? Becaus enever happeed to me ever, Unless I asked for it :P
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

*Tries desperatly to hault all comments that while I think are funny, others might not.*
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I've had exactly one female character who wore skimpy outfits. It was in a recent Mutants & Masterminds game I was in and I discovered the feat called IIRC 'Quick change.' It allows you do do the 'jump into the phone booth/alley and emerge seconds later in costume' bit, and taken twice it allows you to change costume in no time at all, you can pass behind a lamp post and emerge in a different outfit.

This amused me greatly, so I made a young female superhero who was just starting out, and loves shopping and fashion. She hasn't settled on a costume yet, (Or a superhero name for that matter) so she keeps trying different outfits all the time, including in the midst of a battle. Going from skimpy and revealing, to full body armor, to iron age style with pouches everywhere, to 'normal' spandex and cape. It's been fun and has confused some NPCs to no end, it's also fun to use the quick change ability when not in costume, to change her civilian clothing to match her current mood/situation. (walking with the other PCs in a mall) "Sure, a sushii bar sounds great for lunch!) (walks on the other side of a tall man from the other PCs, suddenly she's wearing a Japanese schoolgirl uniform.) "Let's go!" :D
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Dress and Personality

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The way the female NPCs in the game I run dress is largely influenced by their alignment and disposition. Yes, I use the optional tables in the book. It is less likely for a principled character who is shy to dress seductively than, say, a cocky unprincipled or anarchist character.
The genre in general lends for revealing outfits, and if she works for an agency that wants her to dress a certain way, that can be taken into account too.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

My female characters tended to wear a functional body stocking or leotard under a a sensible tunic or long jacket and with boots and gloves....The close-fitting garmenture insured that everything was covered, there were few fabric handholds for an opponent to get a grip on, and they could easily slip into replacement/specialty clothing like a disguise, body armor, or protective gear as situations and availability dictated.

Concealing headgear on the other hand always posed a problem....masks don't cut it, IMHO, and helmets can be so clumsy(though functional) and clash with the overall ensemble....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Well, you have to have that fashion sense. Of course you could just make them take the color manipulation minor power and then all is well...LOL!
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Misfit KotLD wrote:
duck-foot wrote:when i was young my females wore skin tight verry revieling costumes. im no longer that horny, and i have a women so they now wear costumes that are functional and not so reaviling.

Depends on the character here. Some dress very revealingly, some don't.

Hmm, saw an anime the other day, aimed at kids, the female swere all clothed pretty well, but the legendary king(seen in a plashback) wore a dark brown mini skirt and a shirt with a bar midriff(left his belly exposed).
I just thought it was funny, since i't snot an outfit you'd think they'd have guy wearing, but then agian, he was hot enough to pull it off...
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Misfit KotLD wrote:[
Ever seen Project A-Ko?

Apparantly I need to?
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Even beyond Misfit's point, yes, yes you do. ;)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Marrowlight wrote:Even beyond Misfit's point, yes, yes you do. ;)

WHy?
Are the guys that hot?
:P
Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marrowlight
Knight

Because it's a good anime, and a classic to boot?

Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I know this isnt related to anything going on here but I just had to post it.

[MODERATED]
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

In some anime you can't tell the guys from the girls. It is the drawing style they use on the faces sometimes and the overuse of robes.

Speaking of robes, some of the best female outfits I have created involved them, with the character wearing skintight gear underneath.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

is it a man or women?

It's PAT! Maybe androgynous characters are the wave of the future, the whole metrosexual revolution...LOL
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

You know after youve played a big hairy mussely man in a
french maid outfit any thing else seems tame
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
The Baron of chaos
Champion

I don't know if this was addressed before on the thread. But we hav efocused mainly on westerner heroine, right? Because eastern heoroines, on manga, anime and similar common mediums, tend to follow way different and wierder styles. I mena some typical heroines dress in very frekay way in japan, (expecially those so called "little witch" they dress in very ridiculous way! . Is also true tha tin japan everyone seem to follow their personal style in free time). Do Other culture will have different perspective on what superheroine should wear in battle?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I was recently running a campaign using Tokyo as the setting. It can be quite fun exploring the cultural nuances and differences in approach to superhero concepts.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Kalinda wrote:I've had exactly one female character who wore skimpy outfits. It was in a recent Mutants & Masterminds game I was in and I discovered the feat called IIRC 'Quick change.' It allows you do do the 'jump into the phone booth/alley and emerge seconds later in costume' bit, and taken twice it allows you to change costume in no time at all, you can pass behind a lamp post and emerge in a different outfit.

This amused me greatly, so I made a young female superhero who was just starting out, and loves shopping and fashion. She hasn't settled on a costume yet, (Or a superhero name for that matter) so she keeps trying different outfits all the time, including in the midst of a battle. Going from skimpy and revealing, to full body armor, to iron age style with pouches everywhere, to 'normal' spandex and cape. It's been fun and has confused some NPCs to no end, it's also fun to use the quick change ability when not in costume, to change her civilian clothing to match her current mood/situation. (walking with the other PCs in a mall) "Sure, a sushii bar sounds great for lunch!) (walks on the other side of a tall man from the other PCs, suddenly she's wearing a Japanese schoolgirl uniform.) "Let's go!" :D

I love this idea. Sometimes I think Instant Wardrobe is a far undervalued super ability, if only for roleplaying purposes. :D
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I think Instant Wardrobe is a far undervalued super ability, if only for roleplaying purposes.

I think that it can be modified also. The flash always carried his costume shrunken down in a ring and it expanded upon hitting air. There are numerous ways of carring a costume without wearing it all the time like a certain webhead and a certain man of steel do.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I think Instant Wardrobe is a far undervalued super ability, if only for roleplaying purposes.

I think that it can be modified also. The flash always carried his costume shrunken down in a ring and it expanded upon hitting air. There are numerous ways of carring a costume without wearing it all the time like a certain webhead and a certain man of steel do.

You're right, Flash did always store his costume in his ring (though I wondered how he compressed it down in the first place).

I also remember Quasar storing his outfit in one of the gems on his Quantum Bands... The Star-Spangled Kid (old version) used his Cosmic Converter to alter his clothes into his costume... Iron Man's armor could collapse down to fit inside his briefcase... Darkhawk actually switched bodies... just to name a few.

There's really no need to modify Instant Wardrobe though as the outfits are stored in another dimension... but I can definitely see making it as part of a Super Invention.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

You're right, Flash did always store his costume in his ring (though I wondered how he compressed it down in the first place).

It was said to be some sort of gas which responded to air molecules.

Well, Sammy, my superheroienne from Ed3's HU game had an amazing knack for having her clothes burned or bombed off. She could have used spare costumes.

Well, Duh!!!!!
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

I remember The Question had a gas in his belt buckle that would seal his mask to his face, and change the color of his clothes, until he used a different gas to change back.

That's another variation.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

People should not be afraid to create their own variations on powers. That is what the New Powers thread is all about, after all. I see nothing wrong with custom tweaking powers to fit the nature of the character a player designs so long as it fits with the spirit of the game. This is Heroes UNLIMITED after all.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Sometimes there's a benefit to having a nun older sister.

Like knowing you'll be the first one to get married, have kids, and be left alone by your aging mother who's bugging you for grandchildren!

Sure it doesn't sound like much....until the phone starts ringin' at 3am and she's nagging you for some grandkids.

Actually, that isn't one of the problems. Since they have different mothers and the same demon lord father. The nun is also better than 200 years her elder. It did severely crimp her sex life though.

Howso? I thought she did what she wanted anyway :D :P
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Um, this topic is straying...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Um, this topic is straying...

And your point is?

No point really. Didn't think I needed one. Maybe I have a spare one in the back...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Um, this topic is straying...

And your point is?

No point really. Didn't think I needed one. Maybe I have a spare one in the back...

Then let the tangent continue.

Didn't know I was stopping it...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Writers Block wrote:With me it varies on the attitude of the character.

For example, I have an APS:Ice character whose primary costume is her ice sheath armor. She is a hottie, and often uses her appearance to distract people (especially males). Hence, under her armor, she wears a bikini.

On the other hand, I have a characher who wears featureless body armor that give no hint at all to the gender of the wearer.

Really, I think it all comes down to the nature and preferences of the character. If by their nature/powers they would show a lot of skin, then I say its fine be they male or female. Yes, especially in comics, I do think costumes are often a factor of "sex sells". In RPGs this need not be the case.

Remember, technically the character themself most often came up with the outfit. Some times the nature of it has design specific requirements, other times it is a reflection of inner self (mystically bestowwed), and still other times it is purely fabricated to the character's taste. No matter the reason, as long as the player has thought out why the character made the costume choices they did, I say "go for it".

I think it needs not be the case, but I like playing adventures very close to the genre rather than just using it as subject matter. What would this look like in a comic book format is very important to how I go about doing my campaigns.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

For example, I have an APS:Ice character whose primary costume is her ice sheath armor. She is a hottie, and often uses her appearance to distract people (especially males). Hence, under her armor, she wears a bikini.

On the other hand, I have a characher who wears featureless body armor that give no hint at all to the gender of the wearer.

Really, I think it all comes down to the nature and preferences of the character. If by their nature/powers they would show a lot of skin, then I say its fine be they male or female. Yes, especially in comics, I do think costumes are often a factor of "sex sells". In RPGs this need not be the case.

Remember, technically the character themself most often came up with the outfit. Some times the nature of it has design specific requirements, other times it is a reflection of inner self (mystically bestowwed), and still other times it is purely fabricated to the character's taste. No matter the reason, as long as the player has thought out why the character made the costume choices they did, I say "go for it".

I think it needs not be the case, but I like playing adventures very close to the genre rather than just using it as subject matter. What would this look like in a comic book format is very important to how I go about doing my campaigns.

And have at it. That's the beauty of choice, you can run your game how you prefer and Wubby can do likewise.

Good, I will. Try to stop me....
Marrowlight
Knight

Because that's just the type of guy you are.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

And have at it. That's the beauty of choice, you can run your game how you prefer and Wubby can do likewise.

Good, I will. Try to stop me....

Why the hell would I want to? :?

:D
Marrowlight
Knight

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:Because that's just the type of guy you are.

So?

So get to it!

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Marrowlight wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:

So?

So get to it!

He does have a point.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:

So?

So get to it!

He does have a point.

Yes, but I feel like disagreeing with him more than you, so I'm not stopping you. :D

Always with the playing of favorites... :( :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Misfit KotLD wrote:
macksting wrote:It's a funny thing. Ever since I started reading this thread, I've been considering skimpier costumes far more often. It's just so in-genre, and I'd never even considered it! Since most of my characters naturally trend to follow my conservative style of clothing, male or female, skimpy outfits usually don't come up. It's a little silly to think of it as a failing, but it really isn't very in-genre not to consider the matter. :)

Scantily clad women can be fit into any genre. :demon:

They are always welcome over to my house. :-P :fool:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
macksting wrote:It's a funny thing. Ever since I started reading this thread, I've been considering skimpier costumes far more often. It's just so in-genre, and I'd never even considered it! Since most of my characters naturally trend to follow my conservative style of clothing, male or female, skimpy outfits usually don't come up. It's a little silly to think of it as a failing, but it really isn't very in-genre not to consider the matter. :)

Scantily clad women can be fit into any genre. :demon:

They are always welcome over to my house. :-P :fool:

You're not a genre though.

I might be...I might be...
Marrowlight
Knight

Therumancer wrote:13 pages :eek:

Dear god, fix your posts per page view....

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Therumancer wrote:2. There are only so many things that you can wear that are practical for physical exertion, and that is how many super-hero costumes got their start. If your going to be doing a lot of acrobatics and stuff, your not going to wear "normal" clothing as it tends to get in the way or constrict you. This leads to a lot of tight and form fitting outfits. [snip]
The same applies to a minimalist approach. Shorts vs. Shorts & Haltertop.

Well, not if you're a martial artist.

Look at the book "Titans" by Boris Valejho <SP> and Julie Bell. They take a lot of liberties with the characters (look at how absolutly massive Daredevil is for example) but even where Julie Bell plays with some of the costumes in various ways they always include very similar elements.

Got a link to any artwork?

The bottom line is, don't worry about it. People who worry about cheesecake fantasy/comic art seem like those who need something to whine about.

Hmm, have to mostly agree here.I would point out that for guys aren't cheese cake, their beefcake.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

macksting wrote:The real test is to find out how many scantily clad women fit inside you. If any do, then you might be a genre.

Or a phone both.
MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

I used Paragon City as my setting (or I will be once I get to run the game). In PC there is an entire industry of tailors devoted to the hero community. So heroes can look however they want and if slinky fits the characters personality then slinky is what they get. From a RPG perspective this also provides easy access to costumes and costume repair.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

macksting wrote:
Sir_Spiri+ wrote:Well, not if you're a martial artist.

Good point. A modified fighting gi would make for a decent costume, too.

Personally, I find that a man wearing nothing but small "hero" shorts looks really, really exposed. Perhaps moreso than a similarly dressed female. However, I'll agree on the matter of body suits.

They never seem to make a fuss about the men, though. A lot of women claimed to be offended by the scantily clad women, though. Probably because more males read comics than females and the whole debasement of women issue.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

MASTERMIND wrote:I used Paragon City as my setting (or I will be once I get to run the game). In PC there is an entire industry of tailors devoted to the hero community. So heroes can look however they want and if slinky fits the characters personality then slinky is what they get. From a RPG perspective this also provides easy access to costumes and costume repair.

I try not to directly rip anyone off, but will base some NPCs on existing characters. I usually rename the cities, though.
MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
MASTERMIND wrote:I used Paragon City as my setting (or I will be once I get to run the game). In PC there is an entire industry of tailors devoted to the hero community. So heroes can look however they want and if slinky fits the characters personality then slinky is what they get. From a RPG perspective this also provides easy access to costumes and costume repair.

I try not to directly rip anyone off, but will base some NPCs on existing characters. I usually rename the cities, though.

Wow, you make it sound like what I did was a crime. :P I play in a lot of games and I don't always have the time to develop a complete setting. City of Heroes is a MMORPG, an online RPG game. We are playing a RPG game. I am just choosing to use that setting but with the mechanics of my choice. I don't see how that is a negative thing.

:D

Next thing you will tell me I can't use the Rifts setting because I didn't come up with that. KS created it but I can't use his ideas.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”