Is there going to be any story books for the NGR?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jmur
Wanderer

Is there going to be any story books for the NGR?

Unread post by Jmur »

I'm curious if there is anything in the works for the NGR. Similar to how the coalition had the Seige on Tolkeen. Will the NGR get something like the war of the gargoyles or something?
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by anarchclown »

Yes it would be nice with more of a total overview of things in Europe also. For one thing it seems to me that Poznan collective and Seriyevs sphere of influence overlap completely. Some more books about it would make it more interesting to play with right now. Especially if there was a big campaign of some sort that got people involved. Right now there is England, NGR, Mindverks and Russia 1&2, as well as some mention in Underseas and Aftermath. Still something that binds it all together so that you can actually use it as a complete setting like the North Americas would be much appreciated.

After all Europe in Rifts is smaller than NA and more densely populated so it makes sense for the different powers to interact on some level. The Sovietski and the NGR might be ideologically opposed to each other but there would still be trade. Mindverks are making Borgs and crazies seemingly just across the border from the Romanov sphere. Surely the czarinna would object to them arming her Brodkil Neighbors.

Also there are large parts of Europe that are completely blank like Spain and Greece for example. Spain being one of the largest countries in Europe currently i find that a bit odd. Still I guess anything about a setting on Rifts earth that isn't North America would make my day.

:)
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Siege on Tolkein style books? Very doubtful.

But I believe there is a Triax 2 book in the works.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

There is. By Brandon Aten i believe? Guy who wrote Madhaven which was a really cool and different book IMO.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

anarchclown wrote:For one thing it seems to me that Poznan collective and Seriyevs sphere of influence overlap completely.

They do.

I brought that up a few years back.

Really it should be errata'd.

~ Josh
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Kid Galactus is not really working on a NGR 2 book its all aruse that he is using to slowly crush our spirits into a fine powder that he will then turn into a crushed soul bunt cake.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Mmmm . . . cake.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

About Poznan I don't really think it need to be changed as much as it needs to be clarified what kind of relationship the two of them have.

And about Galactus Kid writing Triax 2. I have faith in the power of the dice and all that is good that there will be a Triax 2. Just as there was a Japan, Africa and Australia 2. Just as there was a China 3. :x
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

lol.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Voidrunner wrote:I would like to see an expantion on the gargoyle and brodkil empire. City, tech, as well as some cool npcs.

On the "Empires:"

The Gargoyle, Brodkil, and Phoenix Empires are all (as their name suggests) "Empires."

This has led me to wonder what are the nations, kingdoms, and fiefs that make up each respective empire.

Of course, the Brodkil Empire may not be a traditional Empire.

~ Josh
Jmur
Wanderer

Unread post by Jmur »

Mack wrote:Siege on Tolkein style books? Very doubtful.

But I believe there is a Triax 2 book in the works.

Your right! I just looked on the back of the new rifter and it says coming soon. Rifts Triax 2. So looks like I will get more info on the NGR. Cool!
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm working on it. I'll have an NGR game at the open house, but as many of you know I'm in the process of trying to finish up a Masters degree and get married, both of which should be accomplished by the end of May, so I'll be able to get back into writing again. I'll fill you all in at the Open house if anyone wants to talk with little old me.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Rifts®”