too much magic

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

too much magic

Unread post by jade von delioch »

recently i was looking through my copy of "through the glass darkly" and i read up on the "too much magic" section..

i think it would be interesting to see what would happen to a city like Lazlo or Dweomer if the residual magic in the area became to much and started to cause some of the stuff in the "too much magic" section of that book to happen...

for thoughs of you who don't know, the too much magic states that if too many spells are cast in a given area the spells could cause wild magic to appear or the spells to augment or change each other... so on and so forth.
i understand that this is rifts and that the world is extremely high in magic but all this would mean that the amount of magic to cause there to be too much would be 100 times higher than it would be in the modern era. but on the plus side there are 100 times more magic users in the world as well.....

what do you think?
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There shoudl be more living magics and CoMs in rifts then there are in the books.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

I would think that if something like that were to happen it would happen at Tolkeen. Think of all the magic thrown around during the whole siege. But if you think of the fact that the magic of Rifts Earth is still wild I wouldn't think that there would be a build up of PPE that would cause a problem... About the only problem that I can think of would be a PPE storm is created, but that is sometimes a good thing.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”