To take on Atlantis

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aaryq
Adventurer

To take on Atlantis

Unread post by Aaryq »

Howdy, folks. This is purely hypothetical, but a question to ponder nontheless. Of all of the different governments and factions on rifts Earth, who would have to team up to beat Atlantis in a fight?
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

The only thing on rifts earth that could pose a threat to the Splugies would be a combined assault from a unified vampire kingdom...and that ain't gonna happen. There are a few things in the Three Galaxies that could give Splynnie a run for his money, but the logistics would make it near impossible.
:fool:
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Jesterzzn wrote:The only thing on rifts earth that could pose a threat to the Splugies would be a combined assault from a unified vampire kingdom...and that ain't gonna happen. There are a few things in the Three Galaxies that could give Splynnie a run for his money, but the logistics would make it near impossible.

Still wouldn't really work, IMO; the weaknesses of vampires are many, and exploitable. I really think that life continues as it does on Rifts Earth because it is more cost effective for Splynncrth for it to do so... he may be able to take the planet, but the unrestrained ley lines (and consequent rift activity) means that he would have a hard time holding it. I would not be surprised if, in about 100 years, he's fully taken the African continent, established pyramids on all nexi, and expanded his operations there, before moving on to other projects... like, say, Europe, or South America, or Australia.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

The Lord of the Deep could do it single-handedly. After all he has anice prophecy protecting him - a prophecy that the Splurgoth have no chance of fulfilling on their own and personally, if I were the Cosmo Knights or some other part of that prophecy, I'd rather let the Lord wipe out Atlantis than that the Lord down with Atlantis's help.
It might take him some time, but eventually the Lord would HAVE to win.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

sure we all know Splynncrth could invade and temporary take control of the planet, but do to the nature of Rifts Earth, he'd lose money in the end, so it pointless to do so.

As for taking the fight to Atlantis , you would need one large powerful tech force supported by a powerful magic force, but that will never happen
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

K20A2_S wrote:They say a great army of Cosmo knights may join together to defend a world ect..........I think this may be something along those lines....
and they say if a frog had wings it wouldnt bump its butt on the ground too
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Braden Campbell

Re: To take on Atlantis

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Aaryq wrote:Howdy, folks. This is purely hypothetical, but a question to ponder nontheless. Of all of the different governments and factions on rifts Earth, who would have to team up to beat Atlantis in a fight?

The CAN Republic (on the Moon) are the only ones who might have a shot. Just flatten Atlantis with moon rocks until the Splugorth pack up and go home. Of course, the Earth would be a write-off, but to them, it already is anyway...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Aaryq wrote:Howdy, folks. This is purely hypothetical, but a question to ponder nontheless. Of all of the different governments and factions on rifts Earth, who would have to team up to beat Atlantis in a fight?

it says pretty plainly in text that if every faction and goverment on Rifts Earth united, they would still be crushed without splynny breaking a sweat.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

1 Butter Troll
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

it says pretty plainly in text that if every faction and goverment on Rifts Earth united, they would still be crushed without splynny breaking a sweat.

And the books also said that Xiticix attack and try to destroy any groups larger than 4 that are travelling through their territory.

And yet...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Library Ogre

Braden, GMPhD wrote:

The CAN Republic (on the Moon) are the only ones who might have a shot. Just flatten Atlantis with moon rocks until the Splugorth pack up and go home. Of course, the Earth would be a write-off, but to them, it already is anyway...

The only reason Splynncrth hasn't taken over space is because he doesn't want to. Given the presence of Kittani spacecraft (far superior to anything in orbit) and summoners (as in Palladium Fantasy), he can easily get as many troops in space as he likes.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:

Right...until Splyncrtyth Rifts in a few Kittani fleets to wipe them out.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Braden, GMPhD wrote:

Right...until Splyncrtyth Rifts in a few Kittani fleets to wipe them out.

Fifty minutes, Neki. FIFTY minutes. :)

All Palladium Articles
dmart11
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dmart11 »

AlricFlaim wrote:It'll never happen unless.....

You manage to steal the SDF1 from atlantis (it's there, look at the picture of the city in the book) and scatter protoculture all over the place so the flower of life grows. The invid would lay waste and clean it up.

Or KS decides that the coalition wants to clean up atlantis right?

invid wouldn't stand a chance.,lol
burgler81
Explorer

Unread post by burgler81 »

I'm not sure the Atlantians could actually pull that off, thou I have a character who wants to take back Atlantis, thou his way of doing it is very manipulative and underhanded.
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

K20A2_S wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
K20A2_S wrote:They say a great army of Cosmo knights may join together to defend a world ect..........I think this may be something along those lines....
and they say if a frog had wings it wouldnt bump its butt on the ground too
o'rly ??

ya rly
Giant2005
Knight

thehuby wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:The Lord of the Deep could do it single-handedly. After all he has anice prophecy protecting him - a prophecy that the Splurgoth have no chance of fulfilling on their own and personally, if I were the Cosmo Knights or some other part of that prophecy, I'd rather let the Lord wipe out Atlantis than that the Lord down with Atlantis's help.

What prophecy is this and which book is it in? Or do you mean the '7 dangers' thingy?

A Band of Warriors, brave and strong.
A Circle of Wizards, wise and clever.
The One Eye of Eylor.
The Eternal Flame Blade.
The fire of the Cosmic Forge.
The Largest War Machine.
The Strength of an Unbeliever.
And a Hundred Years' War.
All these Must Be, and the Lord Shall Fall.

Rifts Underseas page 50

Basically, because of this prophecy, the Lord of the Deep is completely immune to Splynncryth. Unless somehow he can put together that prophecy (which alone he can't do and imo certain powers on that list wouldn't help him as the Lord of the Deep is the lesser of the two threats), old Splynnie can't defeat the Lord, and would eventually fall to the undefeatable.
Library Ogre

Oh, heck, I can spin that into a Splugorth-friendly prophecy...

Giant2005 wrote:A Band of Warriors, brave and strong.

Large number of warrior, check. Maybe Staphra?

A Circle of Wizards, wise and clever.

High lords out the Wazoo.

The One Eye of Eylor.

Pick one, or a special item.

The Eternal Flame Blade.

Rune item.

The fire of the Cosmic Forge.

Fallen cosmo-knight.

The Largest War Machine.

Some Kittani monstrosity.

The Strength of an Unbeliever.
And a Hundred Years' War.

I'd pick here a Nega-psychic and a slave whose origin was during the Hundred Years War.

All Palladium Articles
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:

The Orbitals don't need moonrocks. Take one surplus tanker, run it up to .25c with the traction drive, point it at the Earth and it's game over. Or there could be an "accident" with one of the Oort Cloud resupply runs and instead of a parking orbit the incoming loose-pack asteroid nosedives into the atmosphere. The same thing could/would happen if the Arkons ever consolidate their NEO gains.
Ed
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Given the eye of eylor requirement, splugorth involvement would be required to destroy the Lord of the Deep.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

Jefffar wrote:Given the eye of eylor requirement, splugorth involvement would be required to destroy the Lord of the Deep.

But what is the reference to "The One Eye of Eylor"? If it were an eye, I'd agree the spluggorth would need to be involved, but the One Eye at least implys a different entity.
Ed
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

whenever I think of what it would take to destroy Atlantis, I look at the number of blind warrior women spluggie has and compare that number to the CS's million men.

no contest, Spluggie is supreme.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

rat_bastard wrote:whenever I think of what it would take to destroy Atlantis, I look at the number of blind warrior women spluggie has and compare that number to the CS's million men.

'Cause everybody knows ***** beat powerarmor.
Ed
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Ed wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:whenever I think of what it would take to destroy Atlantis, I look at the number of blind warrior women spluggie has and compare that number to the CS's million men.

'Cause everybody knows ***** beat powerarmor.

nearly as many Kittani, but every BWW is a killing machine. Metzula trump Power armor and robts with Kittani acting as power armored infentry, but the BWW out number everything without training or much in the way of standard upkeep.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

K20A2_S wrote:^^offer them freedom and see what happens.....

how you gonna enforce that one? You might as well as offer them the moon, you'd have a better chance of coming thru and they know it.
Last edited by rat_bastard on Fri May 11, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

And who's gonna Offer them this freedom? The CS? Triax? the people they have been enslaving for century's?
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

Vampire Floopers...a whole freakin' army of them...

'Nuff said...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

A multiple species version of the rage virus.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Shadyslug wrote:Vampire Floopers...a whole freakin' army of them...

'Nuff said...

:lol:
Shadyslug
Hero

Alpha 11 wrote:
Shadyslug wrote:Vampire Floopers...a whole freakin' army of them...

'Nuff said...

:lol:

I was considering an army of Vamp'borgs...but we all know they hate each other far too much to unite as an army...
Giant2005
Knight

Now that I think about it, if all the forces of thw world united and made a surprise attack on Atlantis, old Splinnie would most definitely be evicted. Going by canon, they can't do it alone, but I'm sure they would weaken his forces enough for invasion to start looking a whole lot more viable for some other opportunistic megaversal supernatural intelligence (probably another Splurgoth) who would come finish the job. Of course, swapping one Supernatural Intelligence for another is probably not in the best interests of Earth considering Old Splinnie has been pretty relaxed about mankind's prescence on the planet, and I'm pretty sure other Splurgoth might not be so generous...
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Giant2005 wrote:The Lord of the Deep could do it single-handedly. After all he has anice prophecy protecting him - a prophecy that the Splurgoth have no chance of fulfilling on their own and personally, if I were the Cosmo Knights or some other part of that prophecy, I'd rather let the Lord wipe out Atlantis than that the Lord down with Atlantis's help.

The Lord of the Deep wouldn't die doing it. It doesn't say he'll succeed at everything he tries.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Subjugator

AlricFlaim wrote:It'll never happen unless.....

You manage to steal the SDF1 from atlantis (it's there, look at the picture of the city in the book) and scatter protoculture all over the place so the flower of life grows. The invid would lay waste and clean it up.

Or KS decides that the coalition wants to clean up atlantis right?

That's the SDF3.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Yes, Splyncryth is the ultimate power on rifts. Lord of the deep or no. He can summon reinforcements from dozens of different planets which are under his control. Not to mention the spugorth who visit his oasis regularly would probably commit resources to assist if properly asked or motivated. As a transdimensional power he can alwas use hit and run tactics. As far as a prophecy is concerned, phsssah, prophecy shmoficy. I think that is a load of crap. End of F***ing list.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

No earth born force can, however, the people of earth might make a partnership with the UWW.
Shadyslug
Hero

Greyaxe wrote:Yes, Splyncryth is the ultimate power on rifts. Lord of the deep or no. He can summon reinforcements from dozens of different planets which are under his control. Not to mention the spugorth who visit his oasis regularly would probably commit resources to assist if properly asked or motivated. As a transdimensional power he can alwas use hit and run tactics. As far as a prophecy is concerned, phsssah, prophecy shmoficy. I think that is a load of crap. End of F***ing list.

By dozens of planets, you mean three...right?
Giant2005
Knight

Greyaxe wrote:Not to mention the spugorth who visit his oasis regularly would probably commit resources to assist if properly asked or motivated.

This is just plain false, the other Splurgoth would never consider giving old Splinnie a hand under any circumstances. Atlantis is pretty much the best piece of real estate in all the megaverse - the other Splurgoth would most probably committ forces and aid the people of Earth in taking down Splinnie, just so they could take him out and take Atlantis for themselves.
The Splurgoth are infinitely greedy and show no loyalty to anyone - especially their own kind. If they thought mankind had the resources to at least weaken Splinnie significantly, they would guaranteeably finish the job.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

The Vampires probably could, if they were under one solid leadership.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Subjugator

Giant2005 wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:Not to mention the spugorth who visit his oasis regularly would probably commit resources to assist if properly asked or motivated.

This is just plain false, the other Splurgoth would never consider giving old Splinnie a hand under any circumstances. Atlantis is pretty much the best piece of real estate in all the megaverse - the other Splurgoth would most probably committ forces and aid the people of Earth in taking down Splinnie, just so they could take him out and take Atlantis for themselves.
The Splurgoth are infinitely greedy and show no loyalty to anyone - especially their own kind. If they thought mankind had the resources to at least weaken Splinnie significantly, they would guaranteeably finish the job.

Um...

1. He's at least friendly with some of them - because he regularly has visiting Sploogies there from time to time.
2. There's no evidence that they're infinitely greedy or disloyal.

/Sub

Library Ogre

Giant2005 wrote:

I think it far more likely that they'd be willing to sell him weapons and rent him soldiers... they're not hostile (I wouldn't call them necessarily friendly, but at least not hostile), but they're not going to GIVE him anything, nor are they going to take the chance that he'll win anyway and then be stronger than ever.

All Palladium Articles
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

Subjugator wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:

Um...

1. He's at least friendly with some of them - because he regularly has visiting Sploogies there from time to time.
2. There's no evidence that they're infinitely greedy or disloyal.

/Sub

1. By that logic I'd be at least friendly with Paris Hilton seeing as how I've got over 1,000,000 Hilton Honors reward points from visiting Hilton properties from time to time. I didn't sign the petition trying to keep her out of jail.

2. Re-read the definition(s) of their alignments.
Ed
Subjugator

Ed wrote:1. By that logic I'd be at least friendly with Paris Hilton seeing as how I've got over 1,000,000 Hilton Honors reward points from visiting Hilton properties from time to time. I didn't sign the petition trying to keep her out of jail.

No. You're not hanging out with Paris in her hotels. You're staying in her hotels. Splynncryth is hanging out with these other Sploogies.

2. Re-read the definition(s) of their alignments.

Splynncryth in particular is anarchist. Others can be aberrant...or even scrupulous or principled. They would help a friend.

/Sub

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Giant2005 wrote:

As there is nothing in cannon to refute my opinion it is not just false. You have your opinion and you are entitled to it.

You mean to say that splyncryth has no friends and no political allies, hardly. If he had none he would easily be taken over by other spugorth kingdoms. There are four in the 3 Galaxies alone that could do it. It makes sence he has friends and allies who will send their minions to assist in a time of need. I agree Atlantis is some of the best realestate int eh three galaxies worth fighting for.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Library Ogre

I do not see the Splugorth as likely to GIVE anything... sell, yes. But certainly not give.

All Palladium Articles
burgler81
Explorer

Unread post by burgler81 »

I could see, the other Splugorth providing aid againest non-splugorth, but it would be limited and only to keep others from trying the samething with them.
Crazy Lou
Hero

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

Check the Quasi-Legal Munchikinism Thread :D :D :D

Near the end somebody came up with a great one, and while they hardly count as a faction, it is remotely possible that a demi-god son of chronos with his absorbtion power, all magic, tens of millions of MDC, Hundreds of thousands of PPE, giant armies of super minions, and is a ninth time refined Enlighted Immortal that used his internal alchemy to get all superpowers ever... well it continues, but I think you get the picture. Anyway, I think that guy could take out any group w/o much trouble... :D

Or, just find anyone with the draw yin-yang symbol chi spell and use it to sink the atlantean sub-continent again. I think that counts as beating the splynnies? :D

Sorry if this is seen as bending the rules, but finding cheap ways to destroy nations in rifts is one of the things I do when I'm bored.
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Giant2005
Knight

Crazy Lou wrote:Check the Quasi-Legal Munchikinism Thread :D :D :D

Near the end somebody came up with a great one, and while they hardly count as a faction, it is remotely possible that a demi-god son of chronos with his absorbtion power, all magic, tens of millions of MDC, Hundreds of thousands of PPE, giant armies of super minions, and is a ninth time refined Enlighted Immortal that used his internal alchemy to get all superpowers ever... well it continues, but I think you get the picture. Anyway, I think that guy could take out any group w/o much trouble... :D

Or, just find anyone with the draw yin-yang symbol chi spell and use it to sink the atlantean sub-continent again. I think that counts as beating the splynnies? :D

Sorry if this is seen as bending the rules, but finding cheap ways to destroy nations in rifts is one of the things I do when I'm bored.

I don't think this was the kind of answer the OP was looking for, otherwise I'm sure he could assume a supreme being could wipe out Atlantis if motivated.
Crazy Lou
Hero

Supreme beings are lame in games. Besides that unkillable demi-god being was a joke answer. I wasn't entirely serious. The yin-yang sign spell really isn't that bad, it's just way too powerful anyway -- especially for that kind of PPE cost. If you wanted to look at the way the thread really meant, then you could argue that I'd only take China to beat them because they'd just use that spell. I did appologise in advance.
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Well, assuming that someone actually managed to ask a Atlantian enough about why they left atlantis in the first place, all you have to do to destroy the place is to eliminate all leyline activity to the continent. This means getting Plato from Lazlo to teach a group of leyline walkers the Leyline shutdown spell and then going to every known nexus point that has a leyline leading to Atlantis. Then, somehow, all of them have to simultaneously fire off their magics to shut down all the leylines. Then it's just a "Hold the line" type of fight on all fronts until Atlantis disappears into limbo. Atlantis reappeared desolate for a good reason in the past. :P

Will this keep Splynn away forevermore? Probably not. But it's a nice way to give that blow hard a slap to the face. Plus someone HAS to put a population control on Kydian overseers. Those bloody guys reproduce like Campbell hamsters.

Edit: As a final note, Atlantis only APPEARED to sink into the sea. It actually disappeared from Earth and was pulled into Limbo when the magic energies wained.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Crazy Lou
Hero

I still think that ACTUALLY sinking the Atlantean sub-continent w/ draw yin-yang symbol chi magic spell would be a lot easier than disappearing it like that, as for one you wouldn't need the "hold the line" fight, and for another, you wouldn't need to coordinate all those mages at all those nexuses everywhere. Also, it'd only take one or two powerful mages, not whole armies. And Atlantis would still be gone, regardless of how it was accomplished. Plus, the earthquakes that'd make and the massive inward tidal waves rushing at Atlantis as it sunk would wipe the surface clean of anything the splynnies put there except maybe stone pyramids.

Return to “Rifts®”