Nexx, wth?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Nexx, wth?

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Taken from the newest Press release.
# Mysteries of Magic™ for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. May be a series of books.
# Monsters & Magic Items™ for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. May be a series of books.

well, skipper?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Nexx, wth?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Marrowlight wrote:Taken from the newest Press release.
# Monsters & Magic Items™ for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. May be a series of books.

well, skipper?

No clue.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: Nexx, wth?

Mark Hall wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:Taken from the newest Press release.

well, skipper?

No clue.

Then find out! :-D
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Shot in the dark: the original manuscript is BIG, so Palladium is considering the option of splitting it up.

I may be utterly wrong about this.

~Josh
Library Ogre

To elaborate: I have nothing to do with Monsters and Magic Items; don't know anything about it, didn't pitch it. There are a few creature=types in my manuscript, but not enough to make a thick pamphlet out of.

Making Mysteries of magic into multiple books would involve splitting it into component parts; which would be possible, since the chapters covering various types of magic are more or less independent, but I've not been informed of anything regarding this, or why.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Library Ogre

Kevin wrote:Likewise, with Randi Cartier’s Monsters and Magic for Palladium Fantasy.

Apparently, it's Randi's.

All Palladium Articles
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Probably for the same reason they split up BtS. TO MAKE MORE MONEY and honk off us fans when they don't all come out on time. I am sorry, but I still think Kevin made a major mistake. Kevin could have done what he did with Rifts Ultimate Edition, which was 376 pages. He didn't, as a result he made a lot of people mad in doing so. Not to mention some of the changes he made to it which no one really cared for after all the time we spent waiting on it to come out. And the sad part is, my group whines up using it as a supplement for first edition and played for like 5-6 months. Got fed up with the waiting on the new books and said the heck with it. And started playing PFRPG after a somewhat breaf game of Heroes Unlimited. 10 games doesn't exactly count as a large amount of playing.

Btw Nexx, I would like to add some stuff to your "slaves in the PF world" artical, if I may? Please get in touch with me on yahoo messenger sometime.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

pblackcrow wrote:Probably for the same reason they split up BtS. TO MAKE MORE MONEY and honk off us fans when they don't all come out on time. I am sorry, but I still think Kevin made a major mistake.

As you can not possibly support that statement, I would recommend you avoid making such derogatory remarks. :nh:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

As all of you can see from the new Press Release, the schedule for the rest of the year is packed. The Randi Cartier book may be split into parts, we'll see.

You can please most of the people most of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Alex Marciniszyn
Last edited by AlexM on Wed May 23, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

AlexM wrote:As all of you can see from the new Press Release, the schedule for the rest of the year is packed. The Randi Cartier book may be split into parts, we'll see.

You can please most of the people most of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Alex Marciniszyn

I think you guys manage to please most of the people, most of the time. Just my opinion, of course.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

AlexM wrote:As all of you can see from the new Press Release, the schedule for the rest of the year is packed.

Call me a cynic, but I'll believe it when I see it.
I happen to notice that none of those PF titles are the ones with solid release dates.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Yisterwald
Wanderer

Unread post by Yisterwald »

I don't believe anything about Palladium release dates until the product is on my bookshelf.
That's right folks, remember to look both ways before crossing the Yisterwald. -- TAF
For the record, Yisterwald rocks. -- Prettz
Creationism is a non-scientific viewpoint that says 'Poof, the world happened'. It lacks any credible evidence, and survives in the school system on the back of religious imperialists whose purpose is to destroy the educational system. -- Mark Hall
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

It's great to see that the PF books are thought of, but no dates really doesn't mean much anymore. I mean, OK was slated to come out '98. Nothing so far. Those PF books aren't even slated to come out in '07. Not trying to be pessimistic here, but it's hard not to be. As Yisterwald said

Yisterwald wrote:I don't believe anything about Palladium Fantasy release dates until the product is on my bookshelf.

Though I would add in Fantasy after Palladium.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

verdilak wrote:I mean, OK was slated to come out '98.

Pretty sure it was 95. Which makes it even more disappointing.

When it comes to release dates, PB has been horrible. When it comes to PF, they've been even worse.

I love Palladium. I really do. It's my favorite fantasy game, out of ALL of them out there. But let's look at this

1) Can't buy books if they aren't being published.
2) WON'T buy books without the ones I WANT being published.

Seriously, I will not buy another Palladium book until the OK book(s). EXCEPT for MoM. And that's cause I've given my word to Nexxy.
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Library Ogre

Goliath Strongarm wrote:
verdilak wrote:I mean, OK was slated to come out '98.

Pretty sure it was 95. Which makes it even more disappointing.

My copy of Yin-Sloth says that the OK books were coming in 1995.

Seriously, I will not buy another Palladium book until the OK book(s). EXCEPT for MoM. And that's cause I've given my word to Nexxy.

And I appreciate it.

All Palladium Articles
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Mark Hall wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:

And I appreciate it.

Of course, before I can do that, they have to publish it....
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

Marrowlight
Knight

Goliath Strongarm wrote:

Your oath is what is holding up publication I wager. 8-)

Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Marrowlight wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:

Your oath is what is holding up publication I wager. 8-)

And for every game book I go to buy that I'm not spending on PF, they lose money, and the competition gains it...

In the two weeks I was in the states, I bought 6 game books. Personally, I'd rather have bought PF stuff. It's not there for me to buy, so....
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I hope that Mysteries of Magic will not be a series of books. CE was incomplete, BTS2 is incomplete I have no intention of falling for something similiar a third time. Even though I really want to buy a new PF book.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Marrowlight
Knight

Darkly Dreaming Sureshot wrote:I hope that Mysteries of Magic will not be a series of books. CE was incomplete, BTS2 is incomplete I have no intention of falling for something similiar a third time. Even though I really want to buy a new PF book.

so you didn't buy the LoD books? ;)

Sureshot
Champion

Marrowlight wrote:so you didn't buy the LoD books? ;)

I did but it's not the same thing at all. I can run PF with just the core book. I can't run CE and BTS2 with the core book so even if LOD3 is never released it's not going to cause me any problems with running the game.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Marrowlight
Knight

Darkly Dreaming Sureshot wrote:

I did but it's not the same thing at all. I can run PF with just the core book. I can't run CE and BTS2 with the core book so even if LOD3 is never released it's not going to cause me any problems with running the game.

I've never put much effort into either game, but is there something missing from them that can't be handled by the other palladium books you already have? Especially for CE -- BTS2E I can see having issues due to the way they do isp.

Marrowlight
Knight

I've never put much effort into either game, but is there something missing from them that can't be handled by the other palladium books you already have? Especially for CE -- BTS2E I can see having issues due to the way they do isp.

Sureshot
Champion

Marrowlight wrote:

It's not so much the extra effort. It's the " A Complete Rpg" they sell bought games as and to be honest when it's advertised as complete I expect it to be complete. Not "complete" with having to buy more books or use other exisitng books.

Enlightened Grognard

Marrowlight
Knight

Marrowlight wrote:

It's not so much the extra effort. It's the " A Complete Rpg" they sell bought games as and to be honest when it's advertised as complete I expect it to be complete. Not "complete" with having to buy more books or use other exisitng books.

right, so you got deceived in your eyes, and that's fine. But are you actually incapable of playing the game because you don't have other palladium books that could fill the role, or simply because you're trying to hold true to a point and that's more important than actually playing the game?

Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Marrowlight wrote:

Ughs, can we get back on topic?
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

Sureshot
Champion

Marrowlight wrote:right, so you got deceived in your eyes, and that's fine. But are you actually incapable of playing the game because you don't have other palladium books that could fill the role, or simply because you're trying to hold true to a point and that's more important than actually playing the game?

See if a game tells me it's complete and I need other books to make it complete it's not really complete is it. Nor should I have to use or go buy more books to make the game complete. I consider being told to use other books a cop-out plain and simple. I'm not playing CE because it's still missing books. I don't care if I can use existing books for it. I should not have to. BTS2 I did not even buy. Finally I have given you my response on this three times I'm not going to do it again.

Enlightened Grognard

Marrowlight
Knight

Marrowlight wrote:right, so you got deceived in your eyes, and that's fine. But are you actually incapable of playing the game because you don't have other palladium books that could fill the role, or simply because you're trying to hold true to a point and that's more important than actually playing the game?

See if a game tells me it's complete and I need other books to make it complete it's not really complete is it. Nor should I have to use or go buy more books to make the game complete. I consider being told to use other books a cop-out plain and simple. I'm not playing CE because it's still missing books. I don't care if I can use existing books for it. I should not have to. BTS2 I did not even buy. Finally I have given you my response on this three times I'm not going to do it again.

/shrug, just trying to figure out if the books really can't be played because you lack books that are already in the palladium rule system or if you're just choosing not to use them. Looks like the answer is B -- you could've just said that straight up and saved yourself all this aggravation you seem to have let yourself feel since you "aren't going to do it again"

I've also asked two pretty different questions, and only because I was seeking understanding from your posts -- responses that aren't answers and all that. :-D Just shoot straight next time and maybe you won't get all upset. Not everyone here is trying to pick I fight with you, I was just seeking a better handle on your particular situation, so quills down. 8-)
Last edited by Marrowlight on Sun May 27, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marrowlight
Knight

Goliath Strongarm wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

Ughs, can we get back on topic?

original question (hey which I asked being as how I started this thread n all) was sufficiently answered by Alex and others, so there's really no topic to get back on to -- conversation evolved from there, and here we are.

Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Marrowlight wrote:conversation evolved from there

I think you missed the D at the front of one of your words. Conversation DEvolved more than it Evolved....
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

Marrowlight
Knight

Goliath Strongarm wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:conversation evolved from there

I think you missed the D at the front of one of your words. Conversation DEvolved more than it Evolved....

:crane:
Last edited by Marrowlight on Mon May 28, 2007 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sureshot
Champion

Marrowlight wrote:/shrug, just trying to figure out if the books really can't be played because you lack books that are already in the palladium rule system or if you're just choosing not to use them. Looks like the answer is B -- you could've just said that straight up and saved yourself all this aggravation you seem to have let yourself feel since you "aren't going to do it again"

I've also asked two pretty different questions, and only because I was seeking understanding from your posts -- responses that aren't answers and all that. :-D Just shoot straight next time and maybe you won't get all upset. Not everyone here is trying to pick I fight with you, I was just seeking a better handle on your particular situation, so quills down. 8-)

I thought I was giving a straight answer. I don't see what's so unclear about my posts. And yes sometimes I do sometimes takes a thread was too personally. I will try to be more clear in the future. No harm done.

Back to topic until we hear anything back from either KS or Mr.Nexx on the subject we really imo can't really continue the thread as imo were just going to be endlessly speculating about it without knowing all the facts.I hope it gets cleared up in a future murmur.

Enlightened Grognard

Marrowlight
Knight

Darkly Dreaming Sureshot wrote:I don't see what's so unclear about my posts.

that's because you wrote them. :-D

Darkly Dreaming Sureshot wrote:No harm done.

ditto.

Darkly Dreaming Sureshot wrote:Back to topic until we hear anything back from either KS or Mr.Nexx on the subject we really imo can't really continue the thread as imo were just going to be endlessly speculating about it without knowing all the facts.I hope it gets cleared up in a future murmur.

Yup, thought Alex covered it all pretty well. We're now, once again, in wait and see mode.

Library Ogre

Once a manuscript is turned in to Palladium, I've got no more control over it than they want me to have; I intended MoM to be one book, and I think it would be difficult to work as multiple books without significant expansion, but I don't know anything about plans to change it to multiple.

All Palladium Articles
Sureshot
Champion

Marrowlight wrote:that's because you wrote them. :-D

Maybe I should take some courses on how to write better because next thing you know I will be the new Cherico of the boards. It's not exactly a title I'm seeking. I'm just kidding.

Marrowlight wrote:Yup, thought Alex covered it all pretty well. We're now, once again, in wait and see mode.

Pretty much. Personally I think the books were split off to make more money. While I don't have proof of that why split them in the first place? Unless Mark Hall manuscript is REALLY big than I can see it. If it's more profit that's okay too. Just be honest about it. PB like every other company out there needs to pay the bills too.

Enlightened Grognard

Marrowlight
Knight

Marrowlight wrote:that's because you wrote them. :-D

Maybe I should take some courses on how to write better because next thing you know I will be the new Cherico of the boards. It's not exactly a title I'm seeking. I'm just kidding.

Marrowlight wrote:Yup, thought Alex covered it all pretty well. We're now, once again, in wait and see mode.

Pretty much. Personally I think the books were split off to make more money. While I don't have proof of that why split them in the first place? Unless Mark Hall manuscript is REALLY big than I can see it. If it's more profit that's okay too. Just be honest about it. PB like every other company out there needs to pay the bills too.

Your paranoia is nicer than mine. Personally I got Mid 10's Rifts flashback horrors of both books suddenly being written by "Kevin Siembieda & Mark Hall" or worse by "Kevin Siembieda" alone with Mark's name appearing inside, somewhere, kinda.

Sureshot
Champion

Marrowlight wrote:[Your paranoia is nicer than mine. Personally I got Mid 10's Rifts flashback horrors of both books suddenly being written by "Kevin Siembieda & Mark Hall" or worse by "Kevin Siembieda" alone with Mark's name appearing inside, somewhere, kinda.

It's the PWO (Palladium World Order) :-P . Headed by Kevin Nash I mean Kevin Siembieda and Mark Hall. Man I'm so bored I'm posting lame wrestling jokes.

Enlightened Grognard

Sureshot
Champion

EPIC wrote:if they do split up the magic book and monster book, i just hope and pray that all of them get released unlike another book that was split up into three and then never finished. *shakes fist angrily*

i also don't pay any attention to the press releases because it is pretty much a fact that they won't be meeting those deadlines. until a book actually hits the shelf, in my mind they don't even exist and i keep on going like they won't ever see the light of day.

Very much agreed and seconded.

Enlightened Grognard

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”