How often/long do you play?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

How often/long do you play?

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

When you ARE in an active group that meets regularly, how often do you play and for how many hours? I'm just wondering because I have seen quite a few groups that say they have been playing the same characters for 5 years or more and aren't even at 10th level. I have got there with a couple of characters, and it took a year or less, meeting once a week, and averaging 10 hours each time. (This was a few years back when I played). The XP gained was usually based off the chart in the original book, with a max of 2 of each type per mission. (Can't just set there performing the same skills repeatedly to jack up the XP). So either other groups didn't play for as many hours, or their characters set around accomplishing a whole lot of nothing. Just wondering if other groups don't play for very long of sessions?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Twice a month usually, anywhere from 6 to 8 hours.

But the thing is we don't always play the same campaign. I run a CS game where the characters are 8th level and I've been running that for years. On the other hand another guy has been GM'ing a Eberron d20 game for the last couple of years (which we play at least once a month) and we are in 7th to 9th level range there.
Nightshade37
Explorer

Unread post by Nightshade37 »

The group I am currently in games weekly, for 3-6 hours on average. When I was in college, the group I was in averaged twice a week with varying session length, and way back in high school, we averaged one session per day, sometimes more.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Depending on which group you're talking about. The saturday group play on a good month about 3 weekends for about 10 hours per saturday. The Sunday group gets together almost every weekend and games for between 6 and 8 hours. Then there is the Tuesday game, which plays for about 4 hours. And we meet like every week.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

So it seems that people tend to divide their time between multiple characters, in either multiple groups or under multiple GMs. Hmm. I tend to just play one PC every week until I was bored with it. Maybe that's why they got to level 10 in less than a year.
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Oh, 1/week for about 4-5 hours for CLD, the group I plan in. My group is on hiatus until fall, but the Guardians of the Polar Bear usually meet on Sundays for 4-5 hours as well.

Tony
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

My group gathers every other Sat for about 8hrs, less an hour or so for lunch.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Just got done with a session: about 4 1/2 hours.

Which is in the general range of 4 to 6 hours.

~ Josh
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

I've done my share of 2 hour sessions all the way up to 12+ hour sessions. Just all depends on hwo the story is going and what you have to do the next day :P
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

My group gets together about once a month. Our normal run time is from 5:30pm to about 2:00am. Always on Saturdays.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

AllMightyRCB wrote:So it seems that people tend to divide their time between multiple characters, in either multiple groups or under multiple GMs. Hmm. I tend to just play one PC every week until I was bored with it. Maybe that's why they got to level 10 in less than a year.

We use to do that too, and we got our PC's up to high levels in good time as well.

Return to “Rifts®”