Question on the Alterniative Super Soldier types In PU2

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sir_Nytehawk357
D-Bee

Question on the Alterniative Super Soldier types In PU2

Unread post by Sir_Nytehawk357 »

If a Character takes on of the Alternative Type supersoldiers, Brain Implant Augmentation, Chemical Enhancement or Endoskeletal Replacement. Do they still get to chose from the Special Supersoldier enhancement Table. Sorry if this has been asked be for, if it has I haven't found it.
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by leonmallett »

I'd say the wording suggests no ("Instead of the above..."), but I'd be tempted to give them the enhancements when comparing the reltive power levels.
HU2 fan.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

yes, you get them. this question has indeed been asked many... MANY times.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

you get the powers
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Sir_Nytehawk357
D-Bee

Thanks for the The help

Unread post by Sir_Nytehawk357 »

Thanks for the help all, I now have a pretty good Super Soldier, if any one wants to see him I can post his stat's and back ground Info
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

From the FAQ archive:

Question: Do the other supersoldier options recieve Special Supersoldier Enhancements? I can understand why the Chemical, Brain and Endoskeletal characters really wound't need any, but the Latent Psychic supersoldier probably should.

Answer: [by Carmen Bellaire] ALL Supersoldiers get to roll for supersoldier enhancements, even the chemical, brain, endoskeletal, and psychic. This is part of being a SUPER soldier, it is no different than all the charts an Alien gets to roll on. The line that reads: "Instead of the above, the player may select and roll up one of the following three augmented characters." just means that the player can pick one of these types instead of rolling on the Number and Type of Super Abilities chart, the character does not loose anything for picking, instead of rolling on the random chart.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by leonmallett »

Thanks! :ok:
HU2 fan.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”