Do RUE Line Walkers possess too much PPE?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Giant2005
Knight

Do RUE Line Walkers possess too much PPE?

Unread post by Giant2005 »

With the RUE Line Walkers got beefed up significantly in the PPE department.
Other spell casting classes that originally had more PPE than the Line Walker did so for a reason, such as the Lord Magus who has an "incomprehensible union with magic" and the Space Warlock which is forced to ingest a cocktail of drugs and such specifically designed to give it an incredible amount of PPE.

Obviously the powers that be decided that the Line Walkers needed a little beefing up and more PPE when they made the RUE but now those who were intended to (and originally did) possess more than the Line Walker possess less. So the answer seems to be that these classes too, need their PPE adjusted. Do you guys think this is a reasonable assumption? And to what extent should their PPE be raised?
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Nope. Lord magi become creatures of magic over time and do get a ppe boost later that gives them their original desired effect. Ley line walkers are supposed to be the big boys on campus when it comes to magic so the ppe adjustment is not only appropriate but appreciated.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

without reading any of the posts or the question in detail; No.
Ley Line walkers can NEVER have enough PPE, seeing as how their spells cost far too much, and in the first edition they were GIMPED.
Now stop asking silly questions :P
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

I think LLWs deserved the boost; they may have potentially more starting PPE than the Lord Magus, but the Lord Magus will still average more, they gain the same amount on leveling, and the Lord Magus gets a large PPE bonus at level 4, along with a lot of other magical bonuses and abilities.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Magic is expensive as heck
personally I use Tai chis doubling effect on PPE
just to keep mages useable
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[

Return to “Rifts®”