Talisman Question

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Talisman Question

Unread post by Grell »

Is there anything canon stating how to make a talisman permanent (i.e; a 3 times per day type of thing)? If not, are there any suggestions on house ruling it? My idea would simply be to double the PPE cost, like the enchant weapon spell, to make it permanent.

In a related question, what is the limit (if any) on how much PPE you can store in a talisman as a PPE battery? The BoM says that the battery can be charged with 50 PPE initially and then recharged with 30 PPE at a recharge cost of 60. This suggest to me that one could put in more than the initial 50. How have you handled PPE limits on this if it has ever come up?

Thanks in advance for any input!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Talisman Question

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Morrowcale wrote:Is there anything canon stating how to make a talisman permanent (i.e; a 3 times per day type of thing)? If not, are there any suggestions on house ruling it? My idea would simply be to double the PPE cost, like the enchant weapon spell, to make it permanent.

Making it permant like that can only be done by the alchemist OOC in general.

In a related question, what is the limit (if any) on how much PPE you can store in a talisman as a PPE battery? The BoM says that the battery can be charged with 50 PPE initially and then recharged with 30 PPE at a recharge cost of 60. This suggest to me that one could put in more than the initial 50. How have you handled PPE limits on this if it has ever come up?

You can only put 50 PPE in it at once, then you cannot put any more in it until it's used up. after the initial charge, it can only be charged with 30 PPE at a time

Thanks in advance for any input![/quote]
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Alchemist, eh? Is that in PF?
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Yes, the alchemist is in PF. The usual requirements is 6 levels in 2 magical OCCs, and 3 in another (Wizard, Diabolist, and Summoner, respectively), before you even begin to learn alchemy.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mark Hall wrote:Yes, the alchemist is in PF. The usual requirements is 6 levels in 2 magical OCCs, and 3 in another (Wizard, Diabolist, and Summoner, respectively), before you even begin to learn alchemy.

Not quite, you got summoner and diabolist mixed around. Summoner needs at least 3, diabolist 6. although for worlds other than PF you can probablly substitue whatever invocational spellcasting class is most predominant (such as ley line walker for Rifts)

Also, they need to study vaious racial histories, biology, mathmatics, chemsitry, medicine, herbology, Supernautral, ALL lores, literacy in elven, dwarven, and Runic (Provided by dioblist), all human languages, various legends and history, myths, and rumors (especially regarding magic and artifacts), identifying various magics, and the combinations of various magics, ALL mastered before one has the necessary background to even attempt learning the fine arts of enchantment.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Yes, the alchemist is in PF. The usual requirements is 6 levels in 2 magical OCCs, and 3 in another (Wizard, Diabolist, and Summoner, respectively), before you even begin to learn alchemy.

Not quite, you got summoner and diabolist mixed around. Summoner needs at least 3, diabolist 6. although for worlds other than PF you can probablly substitue whatever invocational spellcasting class is most predominant (such as ley line walker for Rifts)

No, I didn't. 6 levels in two magical OCCs (Wizard, Diabolist) and 3 in another (Summoner).

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

No, I didn't. 6 levels in two magical OCCs (Wizard, Diabolist) and 3 in another (Summoner).

You need to check your palladium fantasy book again. I did.

Page 246 Palladium Fantasy Second Edition, under Magic Abilities under the Alchmist OCC:

The alchmeist is a mutliple O.C.C. Character. To become one, the character MUST be at least a sixth level wizard, sixth level diabolist, and third level summoner before studying the finer arts of alchemy, medicine, herbology, math, ect.

Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Man, I gotta get this Palladium Fantasy game. It sounds like it has some great stuff.

Well, maybe next payday?

Library Ogre

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Page 246 Palladium Fantasy Second Edition, under Magic Abilities under the Alchmist OCC:

The alchmeist is a mutliple O.C.C. Character. To become one, the character MUST be at least a sixth level wizard, sixth level diabolist, and third level summoner before studying the finer arts of alchemy, medicine, herbology, math, ect.

That's what I said, Neki-chan. That's what I said in the first place, and the second place.

All Palladium Articles
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

That's what I said, Neki-chan. That's what I said in the first place, and the second place.

Grrr. I can't even blame my nonexsitant dislexia :oops:

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

If it makes you feel any better, Nekira, you said it better.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
t0m
Adventurer
Comment: nothing left and nothing right

Unread post by t0m »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Grrr. I can't even blame my nonexsitant dislexia :oops:

wanna borrow mine? i can lend it out for short periods, but i need it back. everything feels backwards without it :D

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”