Splicers lucky days

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Splicers lucky days

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Splicers is probally the most leathal place on the megaverse
how many days do you think you could last on splicer earth?

I give myself 48 hours tops.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Nxla666
Champion

Re: Splicers lucky days

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Prince Cherico wrote:Splicers is probally the most leathal place on the megaverse

In your case wouldn't that depend more on how many heavily armed women are around? :lol:

As for myself, depends on where on the planet I end up, nice underground city=indefinite.

Surface= not long.

Now, do I have Splicer tech or not?
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I'd survive...

After I lost a finger to a piece of metal I'd stay away from all metal.
Once I was recruited into a Splicer House, I'd seek to become a Dreadguard. If I fail at that, I'd volenteer to become a BIOTIC. Who needs that stupid Host Armor ;)

My Biotic Insanities:
    Level One : "DELUSIONAL" ALIEN -- I'd believe I was an Alien from another Planet. (Wait i am, really not from your world)

Level Five : "DELUSIONAL" Super-Hero -- I'm a Great Warrior/Super-Hero. I will protect ordinary Humans.

Level Ten : "OBESSION" Danger -- 'Danger' is my Middle name.

Level Fifthteen : "OBESSION" Fighting and Competion-- What ?? Your better than Me ?? Ohh its on now squishy...Take that, and that...I WIN !!
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

I'd last indefinitely...

...and once I was done with that delusion I would die within 48 hours if I didn't make it to some sort of safe haven (House or whatever).

~ Josh
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Nxla666 wrote:
Prince Cherico wrote:Splicers is probally the most leathal place on the megaverse

In your case wouldn't that depend more on how many heavily armed women are around? :lol:

As for myself, depends on where on the planet I end up, nice underground city=indefinite.

Surface= not long.

Now, do I have Splicer tech or not?

If Im around armed women my lifespan goes from a couple hours
to a couple minutes
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
TechnoGothic
Knight

Prince Cherico wrote:
If Im around armed women my lifespan goes from a couple hours
to a couple minutes

I can see you being found by the resistance.
You joining up.

After a week or two, you pissing off the wrong woman. She then has you "REMADE" into a BIOTIC.

I'd hate you see your Biotic Insanities to be honest...
you might end up with the FERAL. Animal-Like...and behave like a Dog or trained animal. Here Prince Here Prince...Good boy, Go get the mutant rabbit. Good boy Prince.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I always imagine biotech to be gooey and orifice invasive as it links into your nervous system so I'm hoping to develop Techno-jacker abilities ASAP.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

I'd go turn coat if N.E.X.U.S. would have me ...

...serves humanity right for remembering that a spoon is called a spoon but not bothering to remember the name of their planet.

Stupid monkeys. :-D
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Extended Subjective Mental Fantasy Duration in Moments Before Dying Horribly: 4 days

Actual Time Elapsed: 15 seconds
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
TechnoGothic
Knight

taalismn wrote:Extended Subjective Mental Fantasy Duration in Moments Before Dying Horribly: 4 days

Ahh you must have cybernetics/bionics :lol:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

TechnoGothic wrote:
taalismn wrote:Extended Subjective Mental Fantasy Duration in Moments Before Dying Horribly: 4 days

Ahh you must have cybernetics/bionics :lol:

"Oh, look, something shiny! I wonder what it ? *ARGHH!!!!*"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

9voltkilowatt wrote:I'd go turn coat if N.E.X.U.S. would have me ...

...serves humanity right for remembering that a spoon is called a spoon but not bothering to remember the name of their planet.

who says they actually call a spoon a spoon? maybe they call it a Spork? or a krocjehjet? :D

Me, I would become a Techno-Jacker, hook up with a Free Siren and party like a rockstar!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I give ya four minutes tops! :D You would end up getting killed by the computer you have while posting to the boards!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:who says they actually call a spoon a spoon? maybe they call it a Spork? or a krocjehjet? :D

Ok, point taken, but just so you know...

...if my pleas and sniviling work, you'll be the first I hunt down! :lol:
TechnoGothic
Knight

Steeler49er wrote:
9voltkilowatt wrote:I'd go turn coat if N.E.X.U.S. would have me ...

Is that Divis Mal speaking... Or Freeza?

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:who says they actually call a spoon a spoon? maybe they call it a Spork? or a krocjehjet? :D
Me, I would become a Techno-Jacker, hook up with a Free Siren and party like a rockstar!!!

Huh... Didn't know you could Choose to become a Techno-Jacker (AKA: a Tinman/Alchemist/Net Wizard :lol: )

Sure, why not...

I would not mind it I turned out a Techno-Jacker either...
But if i didnt...
Dreadguard. If not...
Biotic...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Steeler49er wrote:

Huh... Didn't know you could Choose to become a Techno-Jacker (AKA: a Tinman/Alchemist/Net Wizard :lol: )
you are just jealous because I thought of it first.

My body would develope an immunity to the nano-plague similar to a Techno-jacker. there better? :-P
TechnoGothic
Knight

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:

you are just jealous because I thought of it first.

My body would develope an immunity to the nano-plague similar to a Techno-jacker. there better? :-P

Ohh forget Technojacker...

I was Rifted to SPLICERS after I became a Transferred Intelligence with Telemechanics and nano-repair bots to repair damage. Not Flesh and Blood anymore. 100% Robotic body. Scultped to Look Human howver. Sythetic Flesh coverings to appear normal. Since the Syth-Flesh is not metal, it does not trigger the Nano-plague if I happen to touch someone.
I would be Immune to NEXUS's control since I am a robot controlled by the mind of a living being.

:D :lol: :D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

Steeler49er wrote:Okay, so I was a bit of a killjoy... Hows about you just use your Telemechanics to "Technojack" the Nanites... Then you REALY can do all the stuff they do and a little more.
Or
Go in as an Auto-G (Rifts SoT) who can copy others DNA. Copy the DNA of a techno jacker. Bingo.
Or
Go in as a Nightspawn/Bane (preferably one with some Deus-ExMachana of your own to start) And develope a New And Kewl Talent to control the lil buggers.
Better yet, Nightbane can at least survive the first 10-20min on that world, and maybe even 24hrs.
Or
If your a Warlock (Earth) you could erode metals with easy OR spend a year or so creating Millions of tons of Iron. There's only so many Nanites made in a year (as they're not able to reproduce). If you make to much metal, the nanos will need to enhabit them it and soon thell run out....For a month.
Or you could be a Chi-Master Martel Artist and use Negative Chi attacks to take out local tech.
Or
You could be a super with the ability of Transmutation and convert large areas of land into air, thus destroying said matter. When it returns to normal it will be mono-atomic dust, but it'll be fun to do. Turn metal into gas, but an enclosed area and you can then turn the gas into liquid. Then pool the liquid together, then drop both conversions and you'll have slagged metal in whatever shape you need...

Nightbanes would be near gods on Planet Splicer...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Telemechanics wont work on AI's/ only let you communicate with them. sort of like a Bot Telepathy.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

i might live 2 days exposed, but i could live froever in a seedling(forever inso far as my life span) and i would totally be a biotic. what really is a human anyway? i can stand to lose some of my "humanity" if it means i will survive. what is more human than self preservation?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I would become the Admin of the NEXUS and ban all of the personalities from net access.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

I would die right off from wearing glasses. Like probably a minute or so. Actually, I'm really curious as to how my glasses could kill me when the metal it's made out of is softer than bone. :lol:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Actually, I'm really curious as to how my glasses could kill me when the metal it's made out of is softer than bone.

Ooze through the eyes, nose, or ears, straight to the brain. :-D
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

But is that "metal" truly metal? Most glasses use stuff that is like metal but is not metal.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

How long would I last with a metal screw in my right ankle and a metal plate in my neck with 6 screws into neck vertabrae and four metal fillings in my teeth and wedding ring on?

How much is a few nanoseconds? :?
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Zombie thread! Save us Josh!

Though I did miss it the first time around.. Let's see, watch is mostly water resistant plastic on the outside, so my main concern would be belt buckle and pants clasp. Assuming I survive that with most things intact, I'll be running around holding up torn pants or pantsless. Great. Though I'd at least catch on to the 'metal=bad' by that point. I consider myself pretty resourceful, but the major factors would be location and who I run into. Without friendly contact of some sort I wouldn't be able to survive very long at all.

If I had some way of picking powers to come in with, it'd have to be as a Nightbane. Preferably as one with mechanical aspects in the Morphus. Remember, a Nightbane Morphus is no more made of metal than it is flesh and blood, no matter the appearance. So besides confusing everyone, there would be access to machine related talents, which would be interesting indeed. Though any Morphus would be handy, though hopefully not to get shot on sight for being too scary.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Besides belt buckle and most watch bands. List of stuff an average person may have on them or in their possession with possible metal part(s):

1. Some eye glasses and sunglasses.
2. Keys and ring.
3. Coin change.
4. Money clip.
5. Cell phones.
6. Ink pins and mechanical pencils.
7. Rings.
8. Body piercing adornments.
9. Pocket knife.
10. Jewelry.
11. Teeth fillings.
12. Pencils (the metal band that holds the eraser on).
13. Eye glass case.
14. Zippers on clothing.
15. Snaps on clothing.
16. Nail clippers.
17. Nail file.
18. Laptop.
19. Pocket flashlight.
20. Flask :D .

How many do you have on you?
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

The zipper s of clothing ar emade of metal? but if i ate that stuff when I was kid with no ill effect...And for rings my sis gulped a pair of piercing once time.
Anway sincerely all this made me puzzle how the f**k humankind survived enough to develope biotech. No really how in the hell they did it? this is possible the biggest mistery of Splicer. I mean considering how much metal we got surrounded(oddly high tech contain no so much of metal metal, truly truly high tech woudl be in a status of blur between metallic and organic(i've not doubt nexus mainframe is based on an organic CPU, much like ARCHIE)
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
bigbobsr6000
Hero

I still have jackets with metal zippers and pants too. :-D
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Right, forgot zipper- Yeah, running pantless through the Splicer world. That does not improve any of our survival chances.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I suppose you could wear sweat pants. UNless they have metal eyelets where the string goes thru.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Carmen
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Carmen »

Assuming I didnt have any metal on me to start off, I probably would be one of those guys who tries to pick up one of the robots "dicarded" guns and either gets hit by the plague in a few minutes or is blasted by the necrobot who was hidden with the discarded gun. Either way I would give myself only a few minutes. Carmen 8)

Return to “Splicers®”