Updated Dragons...?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Updated Dragons...?

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I know it's only been a year or two that the existing dragons (such as the Great Horned, Nightstalker, et cetera) dragons were going to be updated for RUE... but really, I'd like to see it happen. Before too long.
Any ideas?
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

What exactly needs updating?
I'm just working off memory here but I can't recall anything about them that needs converted.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Giant2005 wrote:What exactly needs updating?
I'm just working off memory here but I can't recall anything about them that needs converted.

Magic, psionics, skills, hand to hand...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Giant2005
Knight

But what is wrong with the magic, psionics and hand to hand that they currently have?
Those three things seem extremely in line with what the new Dragons of RUE have.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

IIRC the RMB dragons were taken out due to the new trend of seperating out intellectual properties, not because they needed an overhaul.

I for one like the new Rifts dragons - especially the whip-tail, have a PC in my group that plays one - kicks/whips much posterior.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

New Rifts dragons are great - some adult stats would be nice too.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

Agreed. If you don't have the old Original Conversion Book, you can always pick up Dragons & Gods and convert them. I also am looking forward to "real" (adult) stats for the new RIFTs dragons.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Giant2005 wrote:But what is wrong with the magic, psionics and hand to hand that they currently have?
Those three things seem extremely in line with what the new Dragons of RUE have.

Hand to Hand: Basic isn't in line with the new dragons, nor are the rate of increase for psionics and magic... let alone skills.
Yes, skills and hand to hand can be converted easily, but the psionics are going to be different from how they are in the RMB.

Giant2005
Knight

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:But what is wrong with the magic, psionics and hand to hand that they currently have?

Hand to Hand: Basic isn't in line with the new dragons, nor are the rate of increase for psionics and magic... let alone skills.
Yes, skills and hand to hand can be converted easily, but the psionics are going to be different from how they are in the RMB.

The only differences are the old Dragons didn't begin starting learning magic until third level, the new Dragons begin at level two. The psionics is different but at relatively the same levels which is understandable as by no means should all the species of Dragons possess exactly the same psionics. Both sets of Dragons are limited to H2H: Basic. The skill progression is really the only thing that is different.

The thing is, the new Dragon rules involving the magic and skills (Which are really the only differences) are intended to apply to all Dragons. Since the Rue both the Cat's Eye Dragon and the Great Horned Dragon can now both begin learning magic at level two and their skill progression is the same.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

duck-foot wrote:i here ther are additional dragons in ultimate edition. what are they?

I would say " Buy the book!", but I'm not so mean.

- Cats' Eye
- Flame wind
- Forrest runner
- Royal Frilled
- Whip Tailed

and... a snow, type one...

basically - Buy the Book! :)

They rock BTW
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I think I might actually use a dragon as an NPC in my current campaign. I was actually of thinking about going the Zaayr Crystal Dragon route.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Giant2005 wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

The only differences are the old Dragons didn't begin starting learning magic until third level, the new Dragons begin at level two. The psionics is different but at relatively the same levels which is understandable as by no means should all the species of Dragons possess exactly the same psionics. Both sets of Dragons are limited to H2H: Basic. The skill progression is really the only thing that is different.

The thing is, the new Dragon rules involving the magic and skills (Which are really the only differences) are intended to apply to all Dragons. Since the Rue both the Cat's Eye Dragon and the Great Horned Dragon can now both begin learning magic at level two and their skill progression is the same.

The biggest difference is that the RUE dragons all have stats for how much PPE, ISP & MDC they gain per level, while the old Rifts book hatchlings do not.
Phadeout
Explorer

Unread post by Phadeout »

I think the biggest problem with the new dragons for a lot of people is the Art. Compared to the Dragon Art people are used to seeing in the last 10 years, the new art for these dragons is just plain shoddy.
Phadeout

"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."

Return to “Rifts®”