House Rules 10: Paired Weapons, Simultaneous Strikes, Flip

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

t0m
Adventurer
Comment: nothing left and nothing right

Unread post by t0m »

Mindwalker wrote:Im not a power balance-lawyer, but shouldnt there be some down side to using paired weapons?

you lose the ability to auto-parry which can really suck in multiple combat. i have seen a fight where the paired guy was out of attacks before his turn even came around, and there were still more incoming attacks to deal with after that...
Phadeout
Explorer

Unread post by Phadeout »

Mindwalker wrote:We dont use the 'loss of auto-parry' rule, as it seems illogical.

"Let me understand, if I have one weapon I can use that said same weapon to strike and then parry an unlimited number of attacks made against me... okay. But if I have two weapons, doubling the ammount of steel I have at my disposal to throw between me and my enemy, I have to use more effort to block it? ... yeah..."

Feel free to disagree, but I just dont see the logic in it. Conversly, halving bonuses to either parry or strike while dual-weilding seems to make sense to me: You're splitting your attention, so why not your bonuses? The up being that, if you're a natural/ OCC trained dual -wielder and are facing a single opponent you can just split your parry bonus +all/+0, basically using a single hand to parry with and making it as effective as a single use weapon.

I agree, but I wouldn't allow Parry/Strike bonuses to be split up independently of each other.
Phadeout

"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."

Return to “G.M.s Forum”