Playing Immortals Mystic China

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What do you think of allowing Immortals as Charaters?

Yes
65%
No
8%
Maybe
27%

Total votes: 37

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Playing Immortals Mystic China

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

From Mystic China: What do you think of allowing Immortals as Charaters?

----------------------------------------------------------
And why?
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

I'm yes because of all the options it brings. Instead of a campaign in years...Think 2 milleniums!! So, what was happening in 7 AD (2007-2000=7). Think of the world around the Immortal changing but he/she staying the same :D
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Lost Waif wrote:Yes, for the reason you posted. An epic adventure where two immortals are trying to find X before the other does. They've already spent X years trying to do so . . . :)

Thanks, for the post :ok: Everyone feel free to leave posts. Words for thought: Image an Enlightened One that decided he was on the wrong path... :eek: ...the megaverse could be in trouble :?
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Lost Waif wrote:Ouch . . . that would be bad . . . though maybe she could be "reoriented" back by dying/being killed again? She would be reborn and start recalling past lives . . . .

"Well, world domination didn't turn out so hot . . . maybe I'll sit on this rock in the middle of the Himalayas and rethink that . . . come up with a better plan for the next 1,000 years."

:twisted:

Are there any books out on the Jade Emperor and his Celestial Court? Having a game revolve around them and the Yama Kings might prove interesting . . . or at least make for an uber powerful campaign . . . :wink:

To my knowledge there was never anything about the Jade Emperor and his Celestial Court (Rifts:China 2 had a few heroes from the court but that was it)...maybe in Rifts:China3. I mix alot of materials together just to get the stats for everything :lol: :D :lol:
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mazorrath wrote:
Lost Waif wrote:Yes, for the reason you posted. An epic adventure where two immortals are trying to find X before the other does. They've already spent X years trying to do so . . . :)

Thanks, for the post :ok: Everyone feel free to leave posts. Words for thought: Image an Enlightened One that decided he was on the wrong path... :eek: ...the megaverse could be in trouble :?

That would mean he would become uneligtened, and then loose all powers I think...
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mazorrath wrote:

That would mean he would become uneligtened, and then loose all powers I think...

Well I don't think there's a cannon rule on it but if you still would like a Unenlighted One..go for a Alternate Reality.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Immortals to the top again. Lets not forget about Stone Masters (easy path...but must sleep in pyramid/nexus)....Let the PPE Flow :lol: :lol: :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I have a Alchamic Immortal char. She lived from Mongol raiders, and up through the coming of the rifts. I haven't used this char in anything but pick up games so far.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

I've been thinking of the different types of Immortals then a thought came to me...a modified spell to Bond a Ginseng to a Mage (and then Mage pays the extra P.P.E. ... make it 100% loyal, ect...) and think the New Ginseng Immortal would never need to bind the ginseng (100% loyal will never run away)!!

See My Ginseng Familiar Post in this Forum.

Bumping is good if No One Bumps You Back :lol:
Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

Immortals

Unread post by Grandil »

Whats gonna happen with Rifts China 3, now that Erick is dying? for that
much Immortals too!
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

I really don't care for immortals as PCs. It would be too tempting to munchify the character. And after my past few RPGs I have played in. I really hate Munchkin / Rules lawyer types.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

Yes, I would and have come close to those. As a GM I let characters pick a Deity to play and went from there. It was good from my end.
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Playing Immortals Mystic China

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Astral Pantheon wrote:From Mystic China: What do you think of allowing Immortals as Charaters?

----------------------------------------------------------
And why?

I think they make great NPCs. However, I think that most types are inappopriate as PCs, except in high-powered campaigns.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What are the types of Immortals?

What makes them different from each other?

If I known it,then it will help me where to put them in my game,Non only for N&S,s ones but for HU and BtS,s games too.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”