why does everyone hate on underseas?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Crash187
D-Bee
Comment: Techniclarity@gmail.com is my gmail...
.:)

Sith hits this ****.

Four letters four words....

why does everyone hate on underseas?

Unread post by Crash187 »

rifts underseas is my favorite worldbook, I have 90% percant of the rifts/palladium books and supplements(I have been collecting them for years and years) and I can honestly say that I find the rifts underseas environment to be the most entertaining. the problem is I can never get anyone to willingly go along with me when i want to run an underseas game. can somone please tell me why I am the only person on earth who digs this book?
In the crash-zone; we fight the nothing.
Crash187
D-Bee
Comment: Techniclarity@gmail.com is my gmail...
.:)

Sith hits this ****.

Four letters four words....

Unread post by Crash187 »

there is at least as much going on underseas as above if not significantly more. (in my humble opinion) :-)
In the crash-zone; we fight the nothing.
oni no won
Explorer

Re: why does everyone hate on underseas?

Unread post by oni no won »

Crash187 wrote:rifts underseas is my favorite worldbook, I have 90% percant of the rifts/palladium books and supplements(I have been collecting them for years and years) and I can honestly say that I find the rifts underseas environment to be the most entertaining. the problem is I can never get anyone to willingly go along with me when i want to run an underseas game. can somone please tell me why I am the only person on earth who digs this book?

Why don't you start small then? Part of the overall campaign can take place undersea. Give your players a taste of what an undersea adventure is like and hook them in.
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Makes me think of the movie Water World.
If you like that movie, you can like settings with little (or no) dry land.
Pirates/bandits on jet skis, 'nuff said. :D

Maybe toss together and adventure the oceans in an old WWII sub (from an old museum maybe?) that has a sail rig setup using the raised periscope...
or wind turbines on deck or lots of floating solar panels to charge up the batteries...

Or some such thing...

Makes me wonder what would happen if a 'experimnental research sub designed to operate without supply for a long time' got trapped underwater by an underwater landslide when the Rifts hit, the crew was put in stasis somehow, and they get woke up after a few centuries when an earthquake or shockwave knocks rocks loose allowing sub to float slowly to surface, computer detects change in pressure and 'thaws out' the crew...
or something like that...

As a 'pirate themed games' fan (such as Sid Meiers Pirates, the old Pirates video game, etc), then some island hoping with lots of travel on water could work nicely.
"Wait... there used to be old wooden sailing ships? loaded with... dozens of tons of gold and treasure?!?! And old tales said one sunk near where?!?!?"
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

jigahus wrote:I love underseas. It has so much going on, I wish they made Lemuria but that has been deep 6'd.

A freelancer has wrote it and turned it in. I have no idea when it will see print though.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by NovenTheHero »

Dolphin Power Armor. Nuff Said. :?
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
jigahus wrote:I love underseas. It has so much going on, I wish they made Lemuria but that has been deep 6'd.

A freelancer has wrote it and turned it in. I have no idea when it will see print though.

And another guy from the forums, Glitterboy2098, has turned in a Rifter article as well.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I don't hate it...I actually LIKE ships that don't go glub with 1-2 hits...and I was so miffed that Underseas 2 went glub...I've had to scramble to generate my own ideas for Lemurians and South Seas post-Rifts cultures...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Most of the ocean floor is like a big rocky desert. Not saying there isn't life in the deep sea, just saying that once you get to the sea floor, there is more life above you then anywhere else unless you come to a steam vent. Most of the inspiration for the Sci Fi monsters and wierd Alien Intelligences comes from real living critters down in the deep dark ocean. :-D
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

For the Record: Underseas is one of my favorite books.

~ Josh
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

I like the book myself.

I see the Dolphin Power Armor as just silly and don't fixate on it like some anal butt munch. The only real complaint from me about the book is the Humans with fishheads and even that doesn't make me dislike the book.

I give it an overall rating of 7 out of 10.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
highpriestrsw2
Explorer

phase world meets waterworld!

Unread post by highpriestrsw2 »

I've used it in my phaseworld game. I got the idea from an old RPG called Blue Planet that fantasy flight games used to make.

I had my own waterworld! sans Kevin Costner of course!

I made the planet vital to my game and sort of steered my players toward it by seeding them with rumors.
" Forward Clucky! To battle!"
-MrGiggles
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Unknown_Nobody wrote:
Preacher wrote:I like the book myself.

I see the Dolphin Power Armor as just silly and don't fixate on it like some anal butt munch. The only real complaint from me about the book is the Humans with fishheads and even that doesn't make me dislike the book.

I give it an overall rating of 7 out of 10.

BLASPHEMY!!! :x *throws holy water but it's really acid*

Ahhhhhh The burn feels good. :demon:
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I like Underseas, in general; when I'm working on things along the seacoast, I take into account what's going on in the water, as well (pods of dolphins who interact with the humans, ocean wizards, kreel-lok, defenses against pirate raids, etc.).

My problems with it were:

1) Sea Titans. The book specifically leaves it open that pretty much any human character (except those from human-only societies like the CS) can be written as a Sea Titan, with no change in concept. In fact, Sea Titans will inevitably replace humans one day (since the child of every Sea Titan + human pairing is a Sea Titan, and Sea Titans are extremely long-lived, Sea Titans will replace humans simply by attrition), though it will take a long, long time.

2) Amphibs. No real problem with the concept... the art just looked silly.

Believe it or not, I had no problem with Dolphin power armor. It's one of those ideas that I see as inevitable... you have dolphins allied with technological powers, fighting forces which are capable of killing a normal dolphin far too easily. The technological powers are going to try to protect their dolphin friends.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The reason why is the setting gets dull.

your on a ship

Eventually you meet another ship.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
taalismn
Priest

Mark Hall wrote:
2) Amphibs. No real problem with the concept... the art just looked silly.

Believe it or not, I had no problem with Dolphin power armor. It's one of those ideas that I see as inevitable... you have dolphins allied with technological powers, fighting forces which are capable of killing a normal dolphin far too easily. The technological powers are going to try to protect their dolphin friends.

2) I admit, they looked funky...then they had an episode of 'Family Guy' (a series I normally loathe) with a 'reverse Merman'....I immediately thought 'Amphib'....

Dolphin Armor---I seem to recall an old Kirby comic..'Komanche: The Last Boy'(?) that had intelligent dolphins, killer whales, and aquatic weaponry they used...
Of course, David Brin had his Neo-Dolphins and their walkers, and Larry Niven has his cetaceans with prosthetic hands...In the same vein, Rick Sternbach did covers for 'World of Ptavvs' and 'Futurelife Magazine' that both featured dolphins in high-tech suits and artificial hands...both of which I think of when using Dolphins in Rifts...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

taalismn wrote:Dolphin Armor---I seem to recall an old Kirby comic..'Komanche: The Last Boy'(?) that had intelligent dolphins, killer whales, and aquatic weaponry they used...

Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth. Very much a Rifts/After the Bomb setting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamandi
Insert 400 character limit here.
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

What is my favorite feature of Underseas? Picasso fish, because they are one of the silliest things ever made next to floopers. :-D

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Library Ogre

Colt47 wrote:What is my favorite feature of Underseas? Picasso fish, because they are one of the silliest things ever made next to floopers. :-D

IMO, they're not silly... they're a reasonable adaptation. A fish that feeds on an abundant resource like ambient PPE at ley lines? Seems perfectly reasonable.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

rifts underseas is my favorite worldbook, I have 90% percant of the rifts/palladium books and supplements(I have been collecting them for years and years) and I can honestly say that I find the rifts underseas environment to be the most entertaining. the problem is I can never get anyone to willingly go along with me when i want to run an underseas game. can somone please tell me why I am the only person on earth who digs this book?

it's a great book. one of my favorites. but it has a few problems.

1) it's not a complete setting. it gives just enough material to play a undersea's campaign, but it has nothing on the kinds of communities and NPC's your likely to encouter. it focuses too much on the big militaries like the USNavy and NGR, or powerful groups like the Naut'yll and Horune. material for basic encounters is left to a handful of monsters and creatures. this leads to problem 2:

2) the impression given is that the seas are devoid of interest. unless it's Tritonia, New Navy, Naut'yll, or other big power, there seems to be nothing for players to do. there is no metaplot, no small communities for players to interact with, ect. even tossing in SB4 Coalition navy, the other undersea related book, you are left with the impression that the oceans are just one big giant empty stretch of water of which few people travel over, and that have absurdly powerful monsters trailing every boat.

3) it doesn't have most of the rules needed. we got information on depth, but nothing on fighting on and under water, using boats in a battle/campaign, or whatever. some of that can be found in other palladium books (adventures on the high sea's for palladium fantasy maybe), but without it being in WB7, it puts people off.

this combined with the fact that many people today just have lost the sense of wonder about the sea. 2-3 decades ago the ocean was looked at as mankinds last frontier. more important to human expansion than space. now, the facination has been lost in most. the loss of all the futurists predicting undersea colonies, farming, mining, and so on has meant that such concepts have left the public mind. the loss of great oceanographers like Jacques-Yves Cousteau hasn't helped.

sorry, rant mode off...

the thing about this book is that it's not that people hate it, it's that some people just didn't love it.

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:

And another guy from the forums, Glitterboy2098, has turned in a Rifter article as well.

Greg's lemurians sound like they could be cool, and i keep hoping that Wayne will decide to print my Deep Frontier article...i want my futurist work on undersea colonies to see the light of day...
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Me I have to like the settings possibilities.

Then again I am related to Sailors, Marines, and Royal Marine Commando's so I have a bias.

As far as playing Rifts: Underseas, you really should see the look on player's faces when a ship larger than there's just vanishes off the radar durring a storm and doesn't come back. it really does shove alot of respect into players.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Underseas is one of my fav books too, however the nail was hit right on the head when it was mentioned that there is just so much more to do on land in Rifts.

Underseas has only 2 books on the topic (Underseas and CS Navy), with a smattering of random info in other books. Thats out of one main book, 8 source books, and 30 world books!

A mere 5% of printed material is on what goes on under the water. Of course most game will start on land because thats the most fleshed out (North America specificaly at that)!

Mutants in Orbit suffers from the same fate, seeing its only HALF of a thin book with a smatter of other info here in there in other books.

Heck, I even have a hard time finding folks who want to play in Europe, and that has 7 sources of info (including Underseas and Africa). Most folks just want to play in North America and thats it.

But yes, Underseas is a great book. I like it a lot. The Sea Titans were a bit over powered, but what wasnt in the CJ Carella era? ...and I welcomed the change!

I even enjoyed the thought that Sea borne mammels would become intelligent in the future and can pilot power armor!

Underseas gave us the first glimps into what Pre-Rifts tech was like with the New Navy, introduced the Horune Pirates, gave us great Splugorth ships, and expanded on the Gargoyle War in Europe. CJ is a genius.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

Unknown_Nobody wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:For the Record: Underseas is one of my favorite books.

~ Josh

I second this :-?

I triple this :D
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

We need a Sea King with boom boxes playing the Sailor Song while going past some CS patrols. I think every single one of them would raise an eyebrow. :lol:

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

I like the book, and most of my problems with it have already been mentioned so I wont bother.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

ak-73 wrote:
And still it sounds more combat-oriented and less about socializing. I could be wrong though, never read the book.

Alex

thus why i call it half a setting. you have lots of guns, ships, and monsters to fight, but not much in the way of groups to just talk to.

also why i wrote an article on undersea communities, and have an article on surface cultures planned.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I love this setting! I love to use as much as I can from it in my game. :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That seems to be common in the midwest. I ran into that before with other groups.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

i dont hate it, i'm just very disappointed with parts of it
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Aramanthus
Monk

People always seem to like different parts in various books. It's seems to be the way it always is.

HH....FIE
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Aramanthus wrote:People always seem to like different parts in various books. It's seems to be the way it always is.

Always?

I like every part of Delta Blues...

:P

~ Josh
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:People always seem to like different parts in various books. It's seems to be the way it always is.

Always?

~ Josh
i heard KS had to rewrite the entire thing (Delta Blues)because the freelancer was so bad at it :P j/k
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Aramanthus
Monk

I know what you mean Josh! I'm looking forward to seeing your book in print! :D

HH....FIE
Josh Sinsapaugh

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

Always?

~ Josh
i heard KS had to rewrite the entire thing (Delta Blues)because the freelancer was so bad at it :P j/k

John Philpott's writing wasn't that bad!

(j/k, nothing but love Jack!)

~ Josh
Library Ogre

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

Always?

~ Josh

John Philpott's writing wasn't that bad!

(j/k, nothing but love Jack!)

~ Josh

That wasn't the freelancer ANY of us were thinking. ;-)

All Palladium Articles
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm going to return to the original title of the thread. Why do so many people hate on underseas?

because it sucks.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Josh Sinsapaugh

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm going to return to the original title of the thread. Why do so many people hate on underseas?

because it sucks.

That's what sh-

No, no, I don't want to get banned...

----

Seriously though: Why, B.A.? Mind elaborating?

~ Josh
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm going to return to the original title of the thread. Why do so many people hate on underseas?

because it sucks.
:thwak: :frust:
bad bad bad Monkey respect my authority.....
Buck the System
Aramanthus
Monk

That is your opinion Galactus, not the opinion of all. Certainly not mine!

HH....FIE
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I used to think that it was boring and milquetoast, and in fact sold it many years ago.

Then Chaos Earth came out. I've now re-purchased it again and am using it as source material for that. Dolphin magic, however, remains not interesting.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! Sounds great to me! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I really like the Killer whale one! :)

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Because not everybody remembers "My Friend Flipper' and the subsequent desire to see Flipper tear that stupid kid a new one...Like having Lassie do a Cujo on Timmy....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Ok the talking dolphin.......That I didn't find to amusing. :shock:

HH....FIE
Library Ogre

Admiral Greer wrote:

because it sucks.

Everyone hates dolphin power armor...

Again, I don't.

All Palladium Articles
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I understand that my opinion is not the opinion of everybody. But the topic was why do people hate on it, and based on my opinion, I feel that people hate on underseas because it sucks. Do I own it? Hell yeah I do. Do I use it in my game? No. My players really never have a need to go to the ocean. If they did, would I use it? Parts. But for the most part, I would ignore most of it, unless its source material that I have to use for continuity's sake in my writing.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

A million and one animal shaped D-Bees, Human mutants that live off of P.P.E., Alien Intelligences with transgalactic empires, are all OK, but hyper-intelligent dolphin mutants set you off of Underseas. Seems a weird distinction to me.

Personally, I try to work Underseas into land based campaigns whenever possible. The Horune, pirates, and even Reachers of the Deep could technically show up anywhere. Sea Titans work perfectly well in land-based campaigns. There's Operation Sea Storm for the NGR, & those Splugorth ships are probably helping to a limited degree to keep old One Eye's east coast colonies supplied, while hauling back shiploads of slaves.
No one ever said you have to use every single part of the book all the time. I'm sure there is plenty of stuff that we all throw out from other land based Worldbooks too.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
Library Ogre

Kelorin wrote:Personally, I try to work Underseas into land based campaigns whenever possible. The Horune, pirates, and even Reachers of the Deep could technically show up anywhere.

Sit down with Google Earth and look at ranges on the Reachers of the Deep... they have a lot of range to deal with, but it doesn't mean they're going to actually going to reach "everywhere".

All Palladium Articles
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Mark Hall wrote:
Kelorin wrote:Personally, I try to work Underseas into land based campaigns whenever possible. The Horune, pirates, and even Reachers of the Deep could technically show up anywhere.

Sit down with Google Earth and look at ranges on the Reachers of the Deep... they have a lot of range to deal with, but it doesn't mean they're going to actually going to reach "everywhere".

OK, how about 'Almost' anywhere.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Kelorin wrote:A million and one animal shaped D-Bees, Human mutants that live off of P.P.E., Alien Intelligences with transgalactic empires, are all OK, but hyper-intelligent dolphin mutants set you off of Underseas. Seems a weird distinction to me.

Personally, I try to work Underseas into land based campaigns whenever possible. The Horune, pirates, and even Reachers of the Deep could technically show up anywhere. Sea Titans work perfectly well in land-based campaigns. There's Operation Sea Storm for the NGR, & those Splugorth ships are probably helping to a limited degree to keep old One Eye's east coast colonies supplied, while hauling back shiploads of slaves.
No one ever said you have to use every single part of the book all the time. I'm sure there is plenty of stuff that we all throw out from other land based Worldbooks too.

He's not a fan of Seaquest...I'm alitte bothered by Dolphin PC's mostly because a Dolphin can't adventure on land, and adventurers go anywhere. It's not personel...but it seems limitating to be a Fish-Mammal.

But the other races in armour can be fun. I might even try the salvage expert OCC.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.

Return to “Rifts®”