sixth sense

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drakinn
Explorer

sixth sense

Unread post by drakinn »

a long range weapon will not set off the ability unless it is in the 90 foot range, correct?
an example would be a sniper shooting a psychic with sixth sense from 1000 feet away. the bullet strikes without time for a warning
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

You could also argue that the 6th sense would trigger as soon as the projectile got within 90 feet of the target - still allowing some measure of warning.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

The power is precognitive in nature, not psychocognitive in nature... you get a flash of the future self's adrenaline rush, and the idea of "DOWN!" or "RIGHT!" or "TIM!", essentially, rather than seeing where the danger is coming from. Thus, I have it work on people within 90', not sources of danger within 90'.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Mark Hall wrote:I have it work on people within 90', not sources of danger within 90'.

That was my original take on it, but RUE clarified* the power.

*"nerfed into near uselessness"
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: sixth sense

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

a long range weapon will not set off the ability unless it is in the 90 foot range, correct? The way it reads is that if the attack is going to hit the char or anyone is close to (using the faillier sence) or someone with in 90' of the char, 6th sense goes off. Read the whole text, not just the stats.

an example would be a sniper shooting a psychic with sixth sense from 1000 feet away. the bullet strikes without time for a warning

Becasue the psi is the target their 6th sense will go off. It is like a limited precognative (knowing the future) vision that tells them something Bad is going to happen.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

drewkitty ^..^ wrote:a long range weapon will not set off the ability unless it is in the 90 foot range, correct? The way it reads is that if the attack is going to hit the char or anyone is close to (using the faillier sence) or someone with in 90' of the char, 6th sense goes off. Read the whole text, not just the stats.

Becasue the psi is the target their 6th sense will go off. It is like a limited precognative (knowing the future) vision that tells them something Bad is going to happen.

As of RUE, this isn't how it works.
It only detects ambushes/danger within 90'.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

drakinn wrote:a long range weapon will not set off the ability unless it is in the 90 foot range, correct?

Bonus would go off, but would not have time to do anything. Though anytime you can invoke this since it says something with in the next min. 1 Secs to 60 secs.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Killer Cyborg wrote:
drewkitty ^..^ wrote:a long range weapon will not set off the ability unless it is in the 90 foot range, correct? The way it reads is that if the attack is going to hit the char or anyone is close to (using the faillier sence) or someone with in 90' of the char, 6th sense goes off. Read the whole text, not just the stats.

True but the laser/danger will be in range of 90ft just no time to do anything other then start you bonus.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Well its good that I don't have RUE, I can still use the old vertion. :P
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:I thought 6th sense had a 24 hour durration and it just went off if danger was about. Cause its not like you're gonna know to activate it before the ambush happens, that's why they call it and AMBUSH!

It triggers automatically, alerting you to the ambush. You don't use it voluntarily, it goes off assuming you have the necessary ISP.
Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Malakai »

Well, considering it warns you of "a flash flood rushing [his] way.", I would say that the 90ft range is the limiting factor when others are in danger

i.e. Little timmy is fifty feet away and is about to be incinerated by a fireball. Sam the Psychic's Sixth Sense goes off, warning him of immenant danger. If Little Timmy were 100 ft away, Sam wouldn't be alerted, because Timmy was out of range.

Now, why does it mention booby traps and 90 ft? Because they don't go off till you are near them / set them off. It's not something that is undoubtable going to endanger you within the next minute, but the possibility of it doing so is there, once you get close enough.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

masterw3 wrote:you could also say that the TARGET of impending doom is within the 90 foot range (character or companion(s) ).
and that would trigger the spidey sense.
that being the case, in reference to the sniper issue, he might know the direction of impending assault, or just that they need to get down.

"something ain't right guys.. get down!"

You could say it, but RUE says otherwise.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

If you are using the RMB rules then just the target needs to be in the 90' of the char.

If you are using RUE the gunner needs to be with in 90'.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Re: Evil GMing

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Ickus wrote:Uses 2 ISP everytime it goes off... it you get threatened by 50 things... do you lose 100 ISP? :D

Muahahahaha...

NOTE: More funny then serious, I don't have the books here to check.
yes
and the 90 feet thing is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be....
by the "old" (i feel misinterpreted) rules if said sniper and and target both had the power there would be a back-timing loop effect that would drain both characters of isp
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Gravitus Everlast wrote:I thought 6th sense had a 24 hour durration and it just went off if danger was about. Cause its not like you're gonna know to activate it before the ambush happens, that's why they call it and AMBUSH!

Think your thinking Oracle, which will alert you of danager upto 24hours away. THough it could be you are friend/love one just someone is in danger and you know who.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Re: Evil GMing

Ickus wrote:Uses 2 ISP everytime it goes off... it you get threatened by 50 things... do you lose 100 ISP? :D

Muahahahaha...

NOTE: More funny then serious, I don't have the books here to check.

If you're threatened by 50 separate things at different times, yes.
But 50 guys all waiting to ambush you would only count as one ambush.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”