Max that stat!!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Max that stat!!

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

I figure that this is probably the forum where this is likeliest to happen, owing to all the powers and such...

In any event, I'm curious what the upper limit is for a "legal" (more on that in a minute) starting character's attributes. Assuming you had any of the books to play with, how would you accomplish this task (meaning: provide powers/abilities/page numbers/etc.)?

As for the "legality" of said character, I'm looking to find a playable OCC/RCC (meaning that stuff like Alien Intelligences and Gods are out of the question). And now that I think about it, that's about the only restriction I think that I'll actually give. Well, one other - needs to be kept canon (which I'm sure won't be a point of contention at all...).

I realize that there is the "limit" of 50 for most attributes (which I believe I remember seeing in HU2), but I'm curious how many stats could be "legally" jacked up higher.

So what you got...

Powergamers Assemble!!
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Should we keep this to strictly HU2 titles?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

As of century station gramacy ISland you can take powers
multiple times

Super strength is the easyest power to max

Just take it 2 twice and you got a automatic PS higher then

Sonic speed is automatically much higher then a SPD of 50
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

There was a max strength thread a while back, some people came up with some whacky combinations (and things that could only be achived under some odd circumstances, like being underwater during a sunny day) but mine was about 220 for the Giant Iron Rhino of Death.

Robots can have an 1100 speed
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Should we keep this to strictly HU2 titles?

That might not be a bad idea (inasmuch that there are a lot of "high attributed" aliens/D-bees and such), but I'm not overly opposed to using a particular race/RCC for demonstrational purposes.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

some are pretty simple to a degree. the logical starting point to each, of course, would be to have the minor extraordinary power associated with it(except for speed, which is achieved somewhat differently.)

iq: natural genius would work best here; i believe a friend got to 37 or so.
me:
ma
ps
pp
pe
pb: mutant with ex. physical beauty, physical perfection, angelic face.
spd: speed is simpler, because certain powers just make it rediculously high. rocket run(major, pu3) puts your base running speed at around 15-1600 miles per hour.

don't feel like doing all of them right this second; i'll come back and fill them in when i feel like it...
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”