The Rifts™ Difiicult/Weird Questions Thread

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Subjugator wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:As a Vampire, can I just walk into a Dimensional Envelope -the kind where time passes normally -and stay awake there 24-7, even when the Sun comes up in my part of the world?

No. A vampire MUST sleep in a coffin that has soil from his homeland therein.

Now - as to the frequency of such sleep - I dunno.

/Sub
Yes, indeed....but does the time of Sunrise in your part of the world really count when you're in a Dimensional Envelope?

(For the record, I believe that if it were somehow possible for a Vampire to travel aroud the globe faster than the Earth's rotation, he could stay awake indefinitely. The question that I posited is a sort of logical extension of how I interpret the need for Vampiric Sleep.)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Question : Can in a Pryamid triangle (triple nexus triangle style ) each pryamid draw upon the same amount of Storage PPE as per the description in atlantis ( 500 up to 3000) or does each successive Pyramid which draws that amount of PPE drain that amount off of the triangle Nexus's amount of PPE available ?

-Lenwen.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Lenwen wrote:Question : Can in a Pryamid triangle (triple nexus triangle style ) each pryamid draw upon the same amount of Storage PPE as per the description in atlantis ( 500 up to 3000) or does each successive Pyramid which draws that amount of PPE drain that amount off of the triangle Nexus's amount of PPE available ?

-Lenwen.

Only either the first one built or the largest of the pyramids get the bonuses, I forget which.
The Beast

I had something posted here that somehow didn't go through when I hit the submit button.
Last edited by The Beast on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Beast

cornholioprime wrote:
Subjugator wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:As a Vampire, can I just walk into a Dimensional Envelope -the kind where time passes normally -and stay awake there 24-7, even when the Sun comes up in my part of the world?

/Sub
Yes, indeed....but does the time of Sunrise in your part of the world really count when you're in a Dimensional Envelope?

(For the record, I believe that if it were somehow possible for a Vampire to travel aroud the globe faster than the Earth's rotation, he could stay awake indefinitely. The question that I posited is a sort of logical extension of how I interpret the need for Vampiric Sleep.)

IIRC somone asked about a vampire at night being teleported into a building in day and the answer was that the vamp would instantly feel the effects of being awake during day. It stands to reason then that a vampire avoiding daytime wouldn't need to sleep.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Lenwen wrote:Question : Can in a Pryamid triangle (triple nexus triangle style ) each pryamid draw upon the same amount of Storage PPE as per the description in atlantis ( 500 up to 3000) or does each successive Pyramid which draws that amount of PPE drain that amount off of the triangle Nexus's amount of PPE available ?

-Lenwen.
From what I remember ONLY the first/best/tallest/most massive Pyramid ina given location can be a Ley Line access/control point.

(also, if memory serves, the other nearby Pyramids don't even turn into MDC structures.)

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

IIRC somone asked about a vampire at night being teleported into a building in day and the answer was that the vamp would instantly feel the effects of being awake during day. It stands to reason then that a vampire avoiding daytime wouldn't need to sleep.
Now you get an inkling of where my question is coming from.

If you put a vampire into a sealed building during daytime in his part of the world, he still has to sleep.

But....does a Dimensional Envelope count as the vampire character still being "present" in our world during daytime hours for the purposes of sleeping??

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

And on the heels of the Vampire in Dimensional Envelope question:

If a Vampire uses whatever that Spell is, the one that allows you to see what conditions are on the other side of a Rfit, will he or she be damaged or destroyed if they see sunlight on the other side of the Rift??

The Beast

If it was the other planet's version of daylight, and the vampires were in direct light, yes.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:If it was the other planet's version of daylight, and the vampires were in direct light, yes.
Normally, yes.

But Rifts protect people on either side of them from harmful environmental effects.

I guess that what I'm asking is, does sunlight seen through a Rift present no more harm to a vampire than if he saw the sun in a Film or on TV??

The Beast

I thought rifts just didn't let the enviorments mix (ie a rift to the ocean bottom doesn't result in water pouring through), not protect people on either side from harm.

Edit: Then again, you may not be able to see the other side. Remeber what happened to the shifter Archie & Hagan hired when they wanted to study magic? If any of them had know a battle was happening on the other side once it opened, it would have been closed immediately.
The Beast

Just thought of a question. Does the No Conversions policy apply to real world stuff (like A-10s for example)?
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Question : Has anyone ever ran across anything " OTHER " then a Humanoid Vampire ?
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Another question : Has it been printed anywhere roughly speaking as to how many bots/borgs/sentient cybernetic beings Archie -3 has out in the world ? I had thought I read some where he has the capacity to create millions but I am not 100% on that any clerification would be greatly appreciated .

-Lenwen.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:I thought rifts just didn't let the enviorments mix (ie a rift to the ocean bottom doesn't result in water pouring through), not protect people on either side from harm.

Edit: Then again, you may not be able to see the other side. Remeber what happened to the shifter Archie & Hagan hired when they wanted to study magic? If any of them had know a battle was happening on the other side once it opened, it would have been closed immediately.
There's a spell somewhere in the books that allows you to do just that, but I can't remember where (amybe one of the early ones. Perhaps I'll look through the England Book and see if they have it there in Temporal Magic...)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

And that brings up yet another related question:

If I am a Vampire and I somehow get to cast "4-D Transformation," can I as a 4D being and while in the Fourth Dimension, have sunlight strike my body without harm??

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Is there anything that would see a Cosmo Knight aligned with the physcality of a Splugorthian ( Avatar ) Short of mechanoid invasion,old ones waking up, That would let the Cosmo knight KEEP his Forge givin powers ??

-Lenwen.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Lenwen wrote:Is there anything that would see a Cosmo Knight aligned with the physcality of a Splugorthian ( Avatar ) Short of mechanoid invasion,old ones waking up, That would let the Cosmo knight KEEP his Forge givin powers ??

-Lenwen.
Okaaay...you really need to restructure that question for grammar and "understandability."

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

cornholioprime wrote:
Lenwen wrote:Is there anything that would see a Cosmo Knight aligned with the physcality of a Splugorthian ( Avatar ) Short of mechanoid invasion,old ones waking up, That would let the Cosmo knight KEEP his Forge givin powers ??

-Lenwen.
Okaaay...you really need to restructure that question for grammar and "understandability."

ok here is easier to understand .
Is there any reason a Cosmo-Knight can grp along side a Splugorthian Intelligence ( thats evil)( Not the minions but the actual Intelligence itself) with out losing his ( cosmo-knights) Cosmic Forge givin powers ? ( Short of a mechanoid invasion or a Old Ones Plot )

-Lenwen.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Lenwen wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

-Lenwen.

ok here is easier to understand .
Is there any reason a Cosmo-Knight can grp along side a Splugorthian Intelligence ( thats evil)( Not the minions but the actual Intelligence itself) with out losing his ( cosmo-knights) Cosmic Forge givin powers ? ( Short of a mechanoid invasion or a Old Ones Plot )

-Lenwen.
If I understand what you're saying, I suppose that you could have a temporary alliance to tackle a greater threat.

But if you're talking about a Pact of Witchery or something like, then no.

Those Pacts are magically set up so that a given character HAS to be a given alignment first and/or there is an alignment drop anyway.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Aye you understood it even if it was extreamly choppy to understand my friend an thank you for your info :)

-Lenwen.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Lenwen wrote:ok here is easier to understand .

-Lenwen.

Sure he could. It's a matter of whether or not HE does evil. If, for example, it suited the Sploogie's desires to free a Kreeghor ruled world, and he sought the help of a CK, the CK could help without reservagtion (so long as the means were also acceptable).

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Klaus027
D-Bee

Unread post by Klaus027 »

Would a Vampire be capable of stepping outside of the dimension it was created in?

Vampire Intelligences need to fragment a piece of their essence that has a time limit to bond with a willing individual who will become a Master vampire. This master and the secondary vamps he creates are the only bonds the intelligence has with a dimension. (WB01 pg 12-13)

If vampires can just step through rifts and dimensional anomolies, why wouldn't the vampire intelligence just send them forth to conquer the Megaverse?

If these are true, a vampire couldn't possibly (GM's call) step into a dimensional envelope because leaving his world isn't allowed.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Klaus027 wrote:Would a Vampire be capable of stepping outside of the dimension it was created in?

Vampire Intelligences need to fragment a piece of their essence that has a time limit to bond with a willing individual who will become a Master vampire. This master and the secondary vamps he creates are the only bonds the intelligence has with a dimension. (WB01 pg 12-13)

If vampires can just step through rifts and dimensional anomolies, why wouldn't the vampire intelligence just send them forth to conquer the Megaverse?

If these are true, a vampire couldn't possibly (GM's call) step into a dimensional envelope because leaving his world isn't allowed.
My guess is that while they COULD step out of a given dimension at will, they couldn't do so just anywhere they want because wherever they go in the Megaverse, the Sun (of that world) is bound to come up.....and if there isn't any Soil of the Homeland when it does....

Klaus027
D-Bee

Unread post by Klaus027 »

cornholioprime wrote:
My guess is that while they COULD step out of a given dimension at will, they couldn't do so just anywhere they want because wherever they go in the Megaverse, the Sun (of that world) is bound to come up.....and if there isn't any Soil of the Homeland when it does....

WB01 specifies the only way a Vampire intelligence gains entry to a new dimension is via the creation of a master vampire.

Bring a coffin, in a mountaineer ATV, loaded with crated soil from the homeland. Sleep in the ATV, in the coffing, on the soil from the homeland. Go out and create vampires. The creation of these vampires strenghens the bond of the vampire intelligence with the dimension they are created in. WB01 pg 12-13.
Since this is not an allowable way for a VI to get a grip on a new dimension, wherein is the flaw? It looks like vampires can't go through rifts. That's kind of the way it reads. If a vampire goes through a rift, and creates a vampire on the other side, that vampire intelligence now has a foothold in that dimension. But the only way a vampire intelligence can get a foothold in a dimension is through a Master Vampire creation process.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I'd say that any vampires created in that situation would be wild vampires or, possibly, Wampyrs (from Nightbane).

Wild Vampires because their would have only the most tenuous connect to the VI... enough to make them vampires, but not enough to preserve their sanity.

Wampyrs because the VI wouldn't be able to overwhelm them. The Secondary vampire's own power/fragment of the VI would change them, but not completely, making them a demi-vampire.

Either is a reasonable interpretation, IMO.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Several questions here it appears some people think of magic only in terms of either Passive Defensive capable or Offensive Capable. So to those I pose these questions.

--1-- What would happen to a Helicopter/hover vehicle/samas if for instance some one cast Carpet Of adheasion on them JUST prior to lift off ? Or carpet of adhesion then Bottomless pit on the jets ..

--2-- What would happen to any Tech Flying jet helicopter and or samas and or hover vehicles if when they fired thier weapon systems ( mini missles formost ) AFTER a mage had cast Armor of Ithan on them or invisible armor or .. mind mage of any kind put up a TK FF around them as they Fired thier weapon systems ? ( think offensivly with historically defensivly spells )

--3-- Does the Spell Reduce self also take away magically some physical wt as per the spell Giant magically adding additional wt or does it go magically according to the % of the shrink when you cast Reduce self as it does not clerify this at all that I have read in the books .
-Lenwen.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

If one Sorceror casts a spell that opens a Dimensional or Teleportational Door, that is man-sized, what happens if a Giant Humanoid walks a path such that part of his foot and/or leg goes through the door, but not the rest of him?? :D

Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Here's one that occurred to me recently:
How would you rule a Psymbiote with an Ecto-Traveler host?
The real key being how would you treat Psymbiote and Astral Projection normally?
Can think of a few different combinations of answers, how about you?

Edit clarification: Psymbiote in the real body. Trying to use the ecto-blob as a host would be silly.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Couple fast questions if anyone could answer me I would greatly appreciat it thanks ..

--1--is there any way at all that a ship could be equiped with invisibiliy and teleport at all ?

....AND...

---2--- Is there anyway to create a magic circle of any type on a ship weather it be ocean going or bomber style or star ships ?

-Lenwen.
Armorlord
Hero

Lenwen wrote:--1--is there any way at all that a ship could be equiped with invisibiliy and teleport at all ?
Yes, I know I've seen a TW vehicle modification for invisibility, though it was the sort that went away if you tried anything hostile. As for teleport, I would say there is a way, but I don't recall seeing any examples previously.

Lenwen wrote:---2--- Is there anyway to create a magic circle of any type on a ship weather it be ocean going or bomber style or star ships ?
Yes, same as you would on any other surface. If you mean a circle that affects the whole ship, it would be a yes, but I don't know how- the Windjammer TW Frigate (SB:4 p.125) has a constant simple protection circle in effect. It doesn't mention the how of it, though I assume the circle design is worked into it during construction, and there is place enough to inscribe the names of creatures they do wish to allow aboard on the circle.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

New question ..

---1---- How long would it take a couple of Worlocks(2) who summoned earth elementals (major) to dig a tunnel into the earth that was 100x100x100 ft . Effectivly creating a small cave in the earth for about a mile down at a Grade of roughly 45% an at the end of it Creating a massive Cave about 1000x1000x1000 ft ?

And alternatly what are the % chance the Slavers from atlantis would have virtually any amount of the entirety of races in World Book 30 ?

*note*
both warlocks are lvl 5 and lvl 6 .

-Lenwen.
Armorlord
Hero

Lenwen wrote:earth elementals (major)
both warlocks are lvl 5 and lvl 6 .
Unfortunately they wouldn't be able to attempt to summon a major until 9th level and higher.
A pair of minors would be able to help the warlocks dig with their own considerable strength and the Crumble Stone and Dig spells.
A pair of majors would have even more considerable strength, and be able to aid with the full complement of Earth Warlock spells and more PPE to work with.
With Dig, between the four of you, that would be 40 ft of dirt, 20 of clay, or 8 ft of loose stone (using Crumble Stone to make it loose as needed) every 15 seconds. Main issue will be how long it takes the Warlocks and Elelmental to run low on PPE and take a break.
Might want someone with an Undergroung Tunneling and/or Underground Architecture if you want to make sure it is safe and stable though.

As for the other question, Atlantis is like Ebay. You can find anything there, just the rarer it is and harder to contain, the more it costs. :wink:

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I am currently workin on rolling up a T-Archer (splynn pg108) an dident notice ( nor is it in Atlantis ) weather or not the Tattoo'ed man or its variants are able to have Psionics as well an now I am curious as to weather or not if they are NOT allowed to or if they ARE allowed to .. dont know if this has been asked prior or not so any clerification would be greatly appreciated ..

-Lenwen.
Armorlord
Hero

Lenwen wrote:I am currently workin on rolling up a T-Archer (splynn pg108) an dident notice ( nor is it in Atlantis ) weather or not the Tattoo'ed man or its variants are able to have Psionics as well an now I am curious as to weather or not if they are NOT allowed to or if they ARE allowed to .. dont know if this has been asked prior or not so any clerification would be greatly appreciated ..
Master Psychics can't get them and humans mutants with supernatural level powers can't get them. Major and Minor psychics are still in though.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Armorlord wrote:
Lenwen wrote:I am currently workin on rolling up a T-Archer (splynn pg108) an dident notice ( nor is it in Atlantis ) weather or not the Tattoo'ed man or its variants are able to have Psionics as well an now I am curious as to weather or not if they are NOT allowed to or if they ARE allowed to .. dont know if this has been asked prior or not so any clerification would be greatly appreciated ..
Master Psychics can't get them and humans mutants with supernatural level powers can't get them. Major and Minor psychics are still in though.

I finished out that T archer today an took some liberties He is a 7th lvl T archer owned by the leader of a Tactical team ( 10th lvl High Lord : C'Taak)

Anyways ... MY next question is simple I enabled the T-Archer to have the max allowed PS -50 an put it at supernatural as per Splynn book . I have a question as to exactly how far that char could throw a spear ... I took into considerations that in the GM guide it states that a person with Sup Strength can throw as much as they can lift up to thier PS in feet .. then I applied logic ..

PS-50 = 2500lbs thrown up to 50 ft .

Then I simply divided by two the wt an doubled the distance ...

PS-50 = 1250lbs thrown up to 100ft
an then again , 625lbs up to 200ft ,
then 312lbs up to 400ft
an then 156lbs up to 800ft
and then to 78lbs up to 1600ft
and again ..39lbs up to 3200ft
an finally 19lbs up to 6400ft .
Does anyone see this as wrong or perhaps have a better way to calculate the overall distance that a Supernaturally strong person can throw wieghted objects ??

-Lenwen.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Well, according to RUE a character with normal strength can throw a throwing weapon an additional 30 feet for every 5 points above PS of 30.

Then for Supernatural Strength, throwing distance is quadrupled if over PS of 30. Now a spear's accurate throwing range is listed at 100 feet, so basically that's 100+120 feet, times 4. So 880 feet thrown accurately. A character with supernatural strength 50 could throw it farther than that, but not with any certainty of hitting anything.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Talavar wrote:Well, according to RUE a character with normal strength can throw a throwing weapon an additional 30 feet for every 5 points above PS of 30.

Then for Supernatural Strength, throwing distance is quadrupled if over PS of 30. Now a spear's accurate throwing range is listed at 100 feet, so basically that's 100+120 feet, times 4. So 880 feet thrown accurately. A character with supernatural strength 50 could throw it farther than that, but not with any certainty of hitting anything.

Ok perhaps I should tell you the details a little bit .. It is a grtr Rune Spear ( long spear) +7 to strike does 1d6x10 per hit an teleports back to the owner . So basically I need to know exactly how far the T-archer can throw this rune spear as per cannon would it be 880ft for a Sup Strenth of 50 ? I kinda cant really see that as at that lvl of strength he can throw 2500lbs 50ft ... It would seem to me that he should be able to wing that spear alot further then a mear 880ft ..

Also I am curious as to what might have happened if it appeared anywhere in any Rifter or Rift book at all what happened to a small nuclear installation called Minot Air Force Base way up in the N.Dakota area's if anyone knows about that one any info would be greatly appreciated .. Thank you .(I am from around there originally :D I know they have several wings of Minute man nuk's up in that installation an am thinking of planning a game session around it if possible ..

-Lenwen.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I dident mean to scare anyone off with my questions ... :oops:

-Lenwen.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Can a magically impervious creature (such as the Hawrk-Duhk, Hawrk-Ohl, Zavor, etc.), with sufficient PPE, use/empower a Techno-Wizard device??

Library Ogre

cornholioprime wrote:Can a magically impervious creature (such as the Hawrk-Duhk, Hawrk-Ohl, Zavor, etc.), with sufficient PPE, use/empower a Techno-Wizard device??

Are they psychic? I can't recall, and am too lazy to check.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mark Hall wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Can a magically impervious creature (such as the Hawrk-Duhk, Hawrk-Ohl, Zavor, etc.), with sufficient PPE, use/empower a Techno-Wizard device??

Are they psychic? I can't recall, and am too lazy to check.
Yes, they are.

But I'm asking if creatures normally impervious to magic, can use these things. We both apparently understand that normal creatures with ISP can, but what of these guys??

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

And on a related note: can those same Magic Impervious creatures mentioned above learn Magic??

Library Ogre

I would say no. The user is an integral part of a TW device, and if you've got a user who is impervious to magic, they can't be part of the "circuit".

All Palladium Articles
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I would say that it depends on what the device is trying to do. If it creates a spell effect on the user, like impervious to energy from the lightning rod, then no, it would not work. If it was a TW flame sword, then I would not see any reason why it would not be able to be used by the creature.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

These are my current Books I bring to every gaming occasion .

1. Rue.
2. BoM.
3.GM guide.
4.D-Bees of North America.

I find that with those 4 books that I can pretty much do nearly every situation I need for any encounter . Especially if a little D-bee baby starts to cry from just beyond the tree line ..haha
D-Bee's actually GIVES being slavers a whole new relavence if you ask me . I constantly pit my PC's against Slavers of all kinds as its just to much fun watching them get all ticked at the Butter Troll Slaver as he atmoizes two helpless D-Bee's not more then two feet from the PC's hehe .

-Lenwen.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Pyrobird wrote:What would you do for a klondike bar?
I'd rift in Nxla to Earth and have him make Xombies out of every intelligent being in the entire dimension (except me, of course).

'Cause I'm evil like that. :demon:

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Q; Can a supernaturally strong person with a Sps of say 50ish actually Grab and physically stop a torpedo (prior to activation of warhead) ?

Also if they possibly could what would be the upper limmit of the Type of Missle they could do this to ?

-Lenwen.
Armorlord
Hero

Lenwen wrote:Q; Can a supernaturally strong person with a Sps of say 50ish actually Grab and physically stop a torpedo (prior to activation of warhead) ?

Also if they possibly could what would be the upper limmit of the Type of Missle they could do this to ?

-Lenwen.
Strength wouldn't be the issue, sure they could hold onto it if they could catch it, though the bigger issue would be that it would be dragging them along with it. They would need to have alternate propulsion enough to affect it or a strong enough anchor to actually stop it once they got a hold.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Armorlord wrote:
Lenwen wrote:Q; Can a supernaturally strong person with a Sps of say 50ish actually Grab and physically stop a torpedo (prior to activation of warhead) ?

-Lenwen.
Strength wouldn't be the issue, sure they could hold onto it if they could catch it, though the bigger issue would be that it would be dragging them along with it. They would need to have alternate propulsion enough to affect it or a strong enough anchor to actually stop it once they got a hold.

So if they cast like Carpet of adhesion upon themselves an waited for the Silo's to open for the torpedo or which ever an then simply crushed each missle as it was being launched basically would that be possible ?

-Lenwen.

Return to “Rifts®”