Could a Fallen Cosmo-Knight...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Could a Fallen Cosmo-Knight...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

get basic cybernetics, or would his/ her (albeit very slow) bio-regeneration prevent it?
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Could a Fallen Cosmo-Knight...

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Vrykolas2k wrote:get basic cybernetics, or would his/ her (albeit very slow) bio-regeneration prevent it?

I've held that anyone with regenerations powers can't get cybernetices of any type. But that is just me, if the text doesn't forbid it, feal free give the FCK some cybernetics.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Could a Fallen Cosmo-Knight...

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Vrykolas2k wrote:get basic cybernetics, or would his/ her (albeit very slow) bio-regeneration prevent it?

They can't get any form of cybernetics, their bodies would (slowly) reject it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Vrykolas2k
Champion

And yet... brodkil can?
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Vrykolas2k wrote:And yet... brodkil can?

They also loose their ablity to turn invisible to get them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

A specific exception for one race of being does not excuse any others.

Besides, they're SUB-demons. Fallen Cosmo Knights are still greater beings.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

It doesn't make sense that Brodkil get them either (except maybe in the case of replacements due to battle injury) so don't use them to base your case on.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:A specific exception for one race of being does not excuse any others.

How are fallen cosmo-knights greater beings?
Other than being MDC, they have re-acquired mortal frailties. In fact they're less powerful than demi-gods, which as I understand it are lesser beings. And I used brodkil as an example... aforementioned demi-gods are another...

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:A specific exception for one race of being does not excuse any others.

How are fallen cosmo-knights greater beings?
Other than being MDC, they have re-acquired mortal frailties. In fact they're less powerful than demi-gods, which as I understand it are lesser beings. And I used brodkil as an example... aforementioned demi-gods are another...

Demi gods can be incredibly powerful depending on how their built.

And it's because they have master level psioncis or magic. Any being who can learn that level of power innately is automatically a greater being.

Vrykolas2k
Champion

Misfit KotLD wrote:Think of it this way, Brodkil are the only race of supernatural folks who can get bionics and they lose innate abilities in the process. Every other supernatural critter cannot get bionics due to their regeneration. So I suppose we can argue that a Brodkil Fallen CK could get bionics, but none other.

I can name several, including demi-gods... but thanx everyone for being a sounding-board!

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

People have said this, but can anyone give a page number for it
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Mouser13 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

People have said this, but can anyone give a page number for it

Rifts SB1, p. 115, in the note at the end of the writeup (original edition), or p. 143, under the note in the bionics section (revised edition).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Thats an exception to the rule.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Daikuma
Wanderer

Unread post by Daikuma »

I'm still a little in the dark on this one.

What is the impact of the cyber armor implant on psionics? ISP? Range? Duration? Damage?
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Daikuma wrote:I'm still a little in the dark on this one.

What is the impact of the cyber armor implant on psionics? ISP? Range? Duration? Damage?
Regular cyber-armor as per normal for cybernetic implants. Cyber-Knight cyber-armor is mystically fused to them following years of training, special body hardening exercises, and their spiritual awakening, and does not alter their psionics. It is part of them, eventually becoming a fully living part of their bodies.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I have an issue with this blank statement that regeneration cancels bionics or cybernetics. if your arm gets eviscerated and you regeneration abilities lack the ability to regrow it you should then be able to aquire a bionic arm albeit with some negatives like your natural psionics or magic abilities being diminished.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Wildfire wrote:I have an issue with this blank statement that regeneration cancels bionics or cybernetics. if your arm gets eviscerated and you regeneration abilities lack the ability to regrow it you should then be able to aquire a bionic arm albeit with some negatives like your natural psionics or magic abilities being diminished.

They're referring specifically to regeneration powers that can regrow limbs & organs.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Misfit KotLD wrote:Nekira is correct.

Agreed.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

This message has been moved to the Rifts Dimension Books Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”