Cover out!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Cover out!

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

The Shadow Chronincles cover is out at Palladium Books web site! And IMO, looks preaty good!
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

It does look good.

I hope they do a print of it.

I can't wait for this game!

MikeM
Alpha 11
Palladin

I think I can speak for everyone here, in that we are all cannot wait for it to come out.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

I REALLY dont want to buy a non-standard sized PB book...but my excitement to see whats been done with Robotech is far out weighing my concerns to have my Palladium libraray look uniformed.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I have a tonne of non-standard sized rpgs on my bookshelf so I don't care too much. Plus the game will look good beside my Robotech trades that were released by DC/Wildstorm. Wish they would do the rest of the series though.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Um...
great...
yeah.
So...what about the actual, y'know...BOOK!?
Honestly I don't give 2 wet ones about the cover...(no offense to Apolo intended) where's the (F-Bomb) book?
It was promised for December release..pushed back to after new-years..now we have to wait till MARCH!? (27th. is when it ships; expect it on shelves come mid march).
And I do NOT believe the hype untull I actulay can pick up a copy and flip through it.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

At least its looking promising that Shadow Chronicals is even coming out remotly close to when they anounced it (3 months late in Palladium time is fairly "on time" for them). Ive been waiting for Mechanoid Space for ever!
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Apollo Okamura
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Apollo Okamura »

Hey DhAkael,

Yeah, we've hit a couple snags along the way, but this is it!
Just to reassure you (and any others that may be worried about the book's shipping date), the book, in all it's shadowy protoculture goodness IS going straight to the printers Friday, Feb 8th! :-D

Wish I could say that this is just hype, but we're pulling some ugly all-nighters to make sure it gets out.

Anyway, gotta' run... I'm that last 5% of the artwork that still needs to get in! :?

P.S. - No offence taken. ;-)
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Apollo Okamura wrote:Hey DhAkael,

Yeah, we've hit a couple snags along the way, but this is it!
Just to reassure you (and any others that may be worried about the book's shipping date), the book, in all it's shadowy protoculture goodness IS going straight to the printers Friday, Feb 8th! :-D

Wish I could say that this is just hype, but we're pulling some ugly all-nighters to make sure it gets out.

Anyway, gotta' run... I'm that last 5% of the artwork that still needs to get in! :?

P.S. - No offence taken. ;-)

Okay...
and seriously..no offenses meant, just frustration among an OLDE schoole mecha-phile here. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Likewise...It will fit well alongside the 'Art of..." book.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Apollo Okamura

MikeM wrote:I hope they do a print of it.

At the moment, I might not be able to sell prints of the cover (or any prints of my art, for that matter), due to the license being owned by Harmony Gold. Kevin's going to be inquiring about it this week. If I get the go ahead I'll be more than happy to make them available.

So far as I know, only original art may be sold from the artists, not prints. :-(

taalismn wrote:Likewise...It will fit well alongside the 'Art of..." book.

Actually, the manga-sized version is approx the same size as a DVD case, so technically it should look look great beside your RSC DVD.
Although, the full-size collector's edition would go very well beside the "Art of..." book. :-P
Sorry, couldn't help myself... ;-)
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Well, you did a fantastic job on that cover and if you can sell prints, I will definitely buy one.

Thanks,

MikeM
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That sounds awesome Apollo! Thank you for the update! I can't wait until the book is in my hands! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Apollo Okamura wrote:Actually, the manga-sized version is approx the same size as a DVD case

Ugh....my stomach just turned. Please tell me you guys are still looking at "normal" sized books as well. I REALLY want to see this book, but im in internal conflict between the love of Robotech and something as trivial as the size of the book. (ive got bad eyes as well as a nice uniformed libraray bookshelf of Palladium Books).

I guess if worse comes to worse, Ill have to convert it to PDF and read it on my Grandpa sized monitor.
Updated Aug 2015
Apollo Okamura

Kagashi,
You missed the second part to that quote:
Apollo Okamura wrote:Although, the full-size collector's edition would go very well beside the "Art of..." book. :-P

Mind you, the text size in the smaller format book should be no smaller than the smallest Palladium text has used in the past.
I realise there's been some trepidation about the size, but really it's not all that bad. All the text formating and artwork has been done with this format in mind, so you're not going to notice any "shrinkage".
And hey, the old Steve Jackson/Ian Livingston Fighting Fantasy RPG books used to all be "manga" sized, and they were no problem to read.

I can't remember though what the final word was on the sizes for the additional books in the Robotech RPG series. I'm guessing "manga" size as well.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to seeing the Shadow Chronicles RPG book as soon as it is available.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Apollo Okamura wrote:Kagashi,
You missed the second part to that quote:
Apollo Okamura wrote:Although, the full-size collector's edition would go very well beside the "Art of..." book. :-P

Mind you, the text size in the smaller format book should be no smaller than the smallest Palladium text has used in the past.
I realise there's been some trepidation about the size, but really it's not all that bad. All the text formating and artwork has been done with this format in mind, so you're not going to notice any "shrinkage".
And hey, the old Steve Jackson/Ian Livingston Fighting Fantasy RPG books used to all be "manga" sized, and they were no problem to read.

I can't remember though what the final word was on the sizes for the additional books in the Robotech RPG series. I'm guessing "manga" size as well.

Sweet. Ill take that as if it were from the horses mouth and hold out till full sized comes out. Last I heard KS said they MAY have a full sized book. Thanks for the confirmation!
Updated Aug 2015
Apollo Okamura

Heh heh, guess I just got busted! ;-)

We do fully plan on doing the Special Edition, but at the moment there are no gaurentees. As long as sales from the first Robotech RPG book go well and there's enough of a demand for a Special Edition, we're definitely doing it.
Just incase, I've already made sure I have some time off...

Personally, I hope that if we go hardcover that it's not leather-bound like the others, so that way we can see the coloured cover, at full size. :-P
What do you guys think?

Oh, and just an andendum to Taalismn's post: Considering the new artwork in the RPG, whether or not you even play, The Shadow Chronicles RPG does make a great reference companion to the Art of... book, no matter what size!
Aramanthus
Monk

Sounds great Apollo! I'd perfer a regular hard cover with the art work at full sized!

HH....FIE
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I wouldn't mind a hard back book, but with the image as an inset or something, you know, kinda like those old time/life books.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'd rather not have a fake leather bond book as our alternative. If they want to offer that along with a regular hard cover than that would be acceptable.

HH....FIE
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I would LOVE a hardcover Robotech RPG.
I would prefer a full colour cover, but I would take a leather bound one as well. Hell, I'd buy both! I do have 4 copies of Robotech RPG Book 1.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'll just be happy when the first book comes out! It's been so long since the last new Robotech book.

HH....FIE
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Aramanthus wrote:I'll just be happy when the first book comes out! It's been so long since the last new Robotech book.

Thats true. Thats my internal struggle. Does my excitement for the new game overpower the dislike of an odd sized book? Im back and fourth every day. One things for certian. Im only buying the book once. So if I hold out for the Special Edition, my "interest" will not be recorded because im not buying the little book. If I buy the little book, my interest will be falsly recorded as if I have interest in the Special Edition and PB makes another version. I guess I just dont understand the logic on why they would make a special edition based on sales of the little book.

Sombody just do me a favor and buy two manga sized books and Ill just wait for the big one ;)
Updated Aug 2015
Aramanthus
Monk

I need it!!! I can't wait until summer for the regular sized book. I want it now! So I'm going to buy the smaller book because I need my Palladium Robotech Book! now! now! now! Now! now now!!!! :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

Aramanthus wrote:I need it!!! I can't wait until summer for the regular sized book. I want it now! So I'm going to buy the smaller book because I need my Palladium Robotech Book! now! now! now! Now! now now!!!! :D

*In a sags voice says* Pacents grasshopper.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-meh- I gave up hope for Kevin to see reason on the format size and will take my kick to the jewels with grudging grace.

Yes, it was a silly idea to shrink the book down to comic size.
Yes it will cause eye-strain o' vision to make out art details which should be lovingly printed on 8.5X11 paper stock.
Yes, there will be blood.

Honestly though...
I just want the dang book on the shelves. As long as the price is proportion to the size.
I WILL leave my copy I asked to be on hold on the shelf if I see the price tag set at $24 Can.
(Naruto engrish voice) "Believe it"

Leaves of the lotus rise

Alpha 11
Palladin

Dairugger XV wrote:With such corny lines, I can't help but say this (especially considering I just watched 3 DVDs of a certain show in a row.):

This hand of mine is burning red!!
It's load roar tells me to buy Robotech!!
Erupting Burning FINGER!

:D Aaa! With these eyes I sees Robotech approaching us fast! :D
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

To Be honest not my fav cover. I prefer the Return of the masters,which it reminds me of a little. However it is a very nice cover in its own right and the art work is really good.
As for the size even though i do think it is dumb to make the book smaller than the rest of the books from PB I will probably buy it and in a year from now when my pages are all marked up or destroyed I will by the full size edition.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'll just be happy as soon as it's in my hand at the end of this month or the beginning of March. :D

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

miniroll171 wrote:The only thing that worries me about the Manga size book is that when it is released, and we all buy it cause we love Robotech and its the first new RPG book in years, are the guys in charge gona say "oh this new manga size sells really well, lets make all the new RPG books that size"

So I dont know if I will buy it or wait till the full size version. It's tricky cause I really want it, but dont want them to think I like the manga size :-(

I think they know that. Though I am going to buy both.
Aramanthus
Monk

I've been planning on doing exactly the same thing as you Alpha 11!

HH....FIE
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

miniroll171 wrote:The only thing that worries me about the Manga size book is that when it is released, and we all buy it cause we love Robotech and its the first new RPG book in years, are the guys in charge gonna say "oh this new manga size sells really well, lets make all the new RPG books that size"

So I dont know if I will buy it or wait till the full size version. It's tricky cause I really want it, but dont want them to think I like the manga size :-(

Send Palladium a letter when it comes out.

Say that you bought the "Manga Sized" edition because you love Robotech and love Palladium, BUT that you are not a fan of the format and would be disappointed if it is used in other lines.

Just remember to be courteous and polite.

~ Josh
Aramanthus
Monk

You could always email him. Kevin S. directly. Just be as Josh said courteous and polite. He has always responded as soon as he could. He has always been very polite and friendly in his responses too!

HH....FIE
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Problem is...I've ben trained not to lie..well, not lie "bald-faced".
Ergo it would be hard for me to write said letter.
Seriously; there'd be a stack of paper waist high of crumpled letters halfway done. :P

Yeah, I have a few issues with the 'manga format'. :erm: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :rolleyes: :badbad: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

I don't know what to say. I only want this one book bad enough to have it in whatever format they are presently planning....Manga sized. But I'd prefer the rest of them to be regular sized. And I really want my Rift's/ PHase World to remain standard sized! And I"ll pick up a regular sized Robotech Shadow Chronicles when it comes out.

HH....FIE
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Since I don't want the people at Palladium to think everyone hates the manga size, Im gong on record (again) as saying I love the idea. BESM 2 was my favourite RPG and it was manga size. Hell, lots of rpgs are manga size. It's not that big a deal.

MikeM
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

MikeM wrote:Since I don't want the people at Palladium to think everyone hates the manga size, Im gong on record (again) as saying I love the idea. BESM 2 was my favourite RPG and it was manga size. Hell, lots of rpgs are manga size. It's not that big a deal.

MikeM

*shrug*

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

It's nice to see Robotech back out by Palladium Books! That is the importantpart. We just have to support them, no matter what.

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”