Bizarre Yet Plausible TW Items

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

musical instruments made with distant voice (for sound projection purposes no amplifiers needed!) charismatic aura (gets peoples attention and helps to hold it during performances) memory block (pre-programed songs) insert apropriate gems and PPE and comence to rockin out :D
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

In a game I was running my wife (playing a Grackle Tooth Operator) and another player (playing a Techno-Wizard) came up with the TW Anti-Vampire DB Shield.

It was basically a huge mirrored sphere that looked like a giant Disco Ball on a pole that had TW spot lights, that contained Globe of Daylight spells, pointed at it. Each mirror facet also had a small cross carved into it as well so that when the light reflected off of it it would contain the shadow of a cross.

It worked great when they went up against Vampires in Silvereno.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I had a TW a long time ago that designed a TW Diaper for their child. Using a lesser teleport spell (this was before the Federation of Magic book, it has since been changed to cleanse) it teleported the unwanted messy contents of the diaper elsewhere.

When I previously posted it to forums somewhere (I think back before the palladium boards were here, on the palladium mailing list) someone suggested a hook line and sinker where a group of adventurers arrives in a town plagued by random dookie assaults, and asked to track down the invisible culprit flinging the mess at people and property. :lol:
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

LOL That would be a funny HLS to investigate, especially if your accident;y creating the mess and didn't even think about it. It might make for an entertaining evening with the players being stumped by their own equipment.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

don't forget pee-wee hermans bike from pee-wees big adventure!
that bike had a LOT of weird gadgets,but I'm not to sure what spells would be needed!
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

abe wrote:don't forget pee-wee hermans bike from pee-wees big adventure!
that bike had a LOT of weird gadgets,but I'm not to sure what spells would be needed!

You, sir, have blasphemed against Palladium and Technowizardry.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Okapi wrote:I had a player once that probably watched too many commercials, and his TW made TW-Mentos-Dispencer with built in Beat Insurmountable Odds.

So before fights or when he was on a tight spot, he'd stop. Take out his Mentos. Pop one in his mouth and give a crazy look to his enemies and pull off some mad series of events to get away clean.

That is beautiful.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Okapi wrote:I had a player once that probably watched too many commercials, and his TW made TW-Mentos-Dispencer with built in Beat Insurmountable Odds.

So before fights or when he was on a tight spot, he'd stop. Take out his Mentos. Pop one in his mouth and give a crazy look to his enemies and pull off some mad series of events to get away clean.

Why does this make me picture a TW Crazy or Ultra-Crazy with this item?

That could be lots of fun. :lol:
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

pee-wees bike also had the exection seat & replacable & easily removable handlebars!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Resonantg wrote:My only TW idea I ever had was limited to title only right now. I'll have to try and make it up sometime:

The Nailgun/Staplegun of Healing

Yeah. Very silly but made me go.. huh... that's kinda cool.

Maybe more practical then you think (as far as TW items go). Staples are used in place of surgical stitches. I can see a TW staple gun that with healing spells that causes a small amount of HP/SDC restored per staple, like you have to staple multiple times to heal a long cut, etc. Add more PPE and you can staple/heal MD wounds.
:ok:
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

May have post this already, but a pod that casts sorcous fury for the bio-reg and has a the add effect of a e-clip charger build it(from the extra energy of the lightning bolts). Also at ley-line it would be self -recharging(gains more then it loses at ley-line(assume the old rules) when I created this). Though I would have to make it look like the ones on Star SG-1.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:I can't remember if its been stated yet, but imagine the fun a TechnoWizard could have with a TV remote.

Agreed. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I could pick up a tv remote and mute someone in the room with me. Or change the channel (their appearance and personality I guess). This was really desired in my college dorm room. My roommate was a total %@#$@%. :thwak:
Library Ogre

I'd play Wagner.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Yeah, that'd out do them and their three beat bass busters.

OOH! A TW Ghetto Blaster that MAKES people dance to the music! That could be fun.

Faerie's dance + ??
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Gravitus Everlast wrote:Yeah, that'd out do them and their three beat bass busters.

OOH! A TW Ghetto Blaster that MAKES people dance to the music! That could be fun.

Faerie's dance + ??

Faeries Dance by itself should work... the music produced by the radio would provide enough, IMO, to figure it out.

All Palladium Articles
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

how about a multi-use type of squirt gun, that can fire napalm,holy water & other liquids as needed?
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

a large mug or small barrel that uses create water and water to wine for an endless supply of wine.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:modify a create rope spell to come out as a silverish plastic and cloth ribbon, and then add some sticky spell or other for adhesion and you've got a device that turns PPE into DUCK TAPE! MWA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Perhaps in carpet form? :D
Hehe, a modified Carpet of Adhesion would do the trick. Alter its effects so the range is limited (ya need a 2 inch wide strip) and gain duration.
I made a TW Tape Gun a while back (look thru my posts, I posted a write-up that was well recieved in this very forum). It used a physical roll of cloth tho, like an ACE bandage instead of a modified create rope, CoA to hold it on, and Mend the Broken to cause what ever was tapped to hold together just a little longer! :D
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Gravitus Everlast wrote:modify a create rope spell to come out as a silverish plastic and cloth ribbon, and then add some sticky spell or other for adhesion and you've got a device that turns PPE into DUCK TAPE! MWA-HA-HA-HA!!!

So another spell used would be Carpet of adhision or Magic Net?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Re: magic generator

Unread post by finn69 »

Magic_Raph_Inc wrote:Common generator
+
magic batteries
+
alot of money
=
a generator capable of generating PPE!!!(but I am not sure about that)

to mamke a ppe generator you will need 2 spells from mystic china but i dont remember the names of them
the first one gathers chi the second one turns it into ppe
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: magic generator

finn69 wrote:
Magic_Raph_Inc wrote:Common generator
+
magic batteries
+
alot of money
=
a generator capable of generating PPE!!!(but I am not sure about that)

to mamke a ppe generator you will need 2 spells from mystic china but i dont remember the names of them
the first one gathers chi the second one turns it into ppe

The gather spells would be the geomatic spells of Draw Wall of Chi, Draw Spiral Line of Chi, Draw Alternate Line of Natural Chi, and Draw Confining Arc of Chi. (w/the highest level spell 1st, to lowest last)

And there is Convert Chi to PPE.

However, the best way to create a chi battery is to make a multy pronged vajra with pairs of prongs to absorb chi. I for one, have went another step and have prong pairs that absorb PPE. However, these only absorbe chi and ppe out of the enviroment, not actully genorate chi and PPE.
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

How about a small TW pad on the interior of an exterior wall. When you slide your hand over it or trace a specific mystic pattern, and provide the correct amount of P.P.E., it causes the wall to become transparent. Allowing you to have an instant, and grand window, in a otherwise windowless room. Uses the Wall of Not spell from Federation of Magic.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

JTwig wrote:How about a small TW pad on the interior of an exterior wall. When you slide your hand over it or trace a specific mystic pattern, and provide the correct amount of P.P.E., it causes the wall to become transparent. Allowing you to have an instant, and grand window, in a otherwise windowless room. Uses the Wall of Not spell from Federation of Magic.

That's pretty slick :ok:
You may have just started a new branch of techno-wizardry, TW Architecture :)
Carl

JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

gadrin wrote:
JTwig wrote:How about a small TW pad on the interior of an exterior wall. When you slide your hand over it or trace a specific mystic pattern, and provide the correct amount of P.P.E., it causes the wall to become transparent. Allowing you to have an instant, and grand window, in a otherwise windowless room. Uses the Wall of Not spell from Federation of Magic.

I'd probably allow you to do it Invisibility: Simple or perhaps Second Sight, since it's for a certain wall, and not just any wall.

For small walls found in a tiny apartment or house I can see it working, but Wall of Not is designed to work on any sized wall. As such I would require it for large sections of a building, like a ceiling that becomes transparent so you can see the stars (or something similar).
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

gadrin wrote:so you could make a CS MkV with no viewports that has a mysterious 1 way front view screen when PPE is used.

Anyone seeing that would assume there are hidden cameras somewhere. Which if they're hostile might make them waste time firing at obscure points in the armor rather than going for broke at a more strategic target.
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

gadrin wrote:
LostOne wrote:
gadrin wrote:so you could make a CS MkV with no viewports that has a mysterious 1 way front view screen when PPE is used.

Anyone seeing that would assume there are hidden cameras somewhere. Which if they're hostile might make them waste time firing at obscure points in the armor rather than going for broke at a more strategic target.

only if you know what the people inside are seeing.

you'd probably have to leave viewports (my bad) unless you've got a heck of a lot of PPE or a huge duration.

need to mix another spell in there too, otherwise, a bright sunset or huge flashes of super bright light will blind those using it. Midnight Wind might be cool. Only 5th level and causes a darkening like auto-tint.

From reading the spell Wall of Not (if that is what is used, instead of Invisibility - Simple) the wall would become a two-way window. So if you could see out, then others could see in. Of course this would be an excellent way to remove any weak points in a vehicle that M.D.C. glass may create (since M.D.C. glass is usually weaker than the metal and ceramics that the vehicle's main body is made of).
Xenogears
D-Bee

Unread post by Xenogears »

Has anyone made a Technowizard equivalent of a nuke if so what spells and materials would be needed to do so?
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Rift Jumper wrote:If you've ever seen Tale Spin, Kit's flying board. I've got preliminary designs somewhere, as well as spell list and gem list for necessary containment. When I find it, I'll post it.

I don't remember the board you're describing, but I'm pretty sure that would fall under the no conversions rule.

Xenogears wrote:Has anyone made a Technowizard equivalent of a nuke if so what spells and materials would be needed to do so?

I'd imagine Annihilate would be in there at least once. Really all it would take is an amped up version of that. Antimatter + matter = pure energy explosion, it's just a matter of bringing enough antimatter over. Side note: the amount described in the spell would produce a far bigger explosion radius (and more damage) than the book describes. I believe a drop barely visible to the naked eye is the equivalent of a kiloton or bigger nuke when it comes into contact with normal matter.

I like the ideas that were seen in the Siege on Tolkeen novels though. Grenades that open rifts and use the dimensional forces to tear things apart. Maybe something like that on a larger scale, everything in miles is shredded across dimensions. Or even dimensionally teleporting the city/target to the anti-matter dimension, the explosion can happen there without collateral damage on our plane.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Xenogears wrote:Has anyone made a Technowizard equivalent of a nuke if so what spells and materials would be needed to do so?

My book will have several WMDs both tw and not.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Prince Artemis wrote:

My book will have several WMDs both tw and not.

Great. Now share or begone!
:P
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

macksting wrote:

Get assistance from a Trickster mage. Create a laser-guided missile enchanted with Nuclear Pie.

I can see it now...

You see a missile coming at you and its going to hit, and @ the last sec the whole missile turns into a Pie.

Though the trickster might have the last lauph by just enchanting it with a Cream Pie.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I can see it now...

You see a missile coming at you and its going to hit, and @ the last sec the whole missile turns into a Pie.

I was picturing it like this:
The massive cruise missile flies towards its target, every rivet promising death. The tip of the missile opens to begin unloading it's multiple warhead payload. Four robotic arms with big white-gloved hands come out, each holding a massive cream pie. Everyone in the city breathes a sigh of relief and then begins laughing. BOOM.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The most simple way would to enchant something to TK a bit of Tritium into a super compressed state to set off a a fusion reaction.
Or
Taking that same bit of Tritium and superheating it to set of the fusion reaction.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

The TW in my group created a cellphone like device that could call lightning. I lol-ed.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

macksting wrote:Hmm.
I gotta ask, when he called lightning, did he ever get an answering machine?

<opperator voice> Due to higher than normal call volumes, your attack has gone to an automated recording service. After the tone please specify your target and it will be struck down just as soon as we can, all calls are handeled in the order in which they were received. We value your business and appreciate your patience. <end opperator voice>

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.

Circle of Protection: Greater Projector. A Strange looking plastic and glass orb, with a glass ingraving on the bottom of with the circle. Upon charging the orb levitates up to a pre-set height, where it encases itself in an energy feild. At that point a globe of daylight ignites in the orb, projecting the circle on the ground below, with the height determining the size of the circle.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Rift Jumper wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:The TW in my group created a cellphone like device that could call lightning. I lol-ed.

Expand upon the idea. In collaboration with a Shifter, make a cell phone that is a summoning device. The inside of the case would contain a summon/control circle, and a series ob gems set as buttons on the phone could be used to dial what you wanted to summon in. Can be set for specific types, or with a little manipulation, a universal summoning system.

I don't know much about summoning circles, like if one has to be standing inside them to work, but if the "cell phone" device has an LCD screen, couldn't it be used to display multiple summoning/traveling circles? Could be a VERY handy tool for a Summoner/Shifter/Diabolist... :D
Carl

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

macksting wrote:So let's say you take my projector bulb and attach it to that LCD screen, then suspend it overhead. Reprogrammable and all that, capable of displaying multiple summoning circles.
Question is, is the magic circle in the projected image on the ground, is it in the LCD, or is it in both places at once and only important on the ground?

To avoid this, build a projector with two LCD screens and two bulbs, each producing about three quarters of a protection circle and responding to the same call for images. Calibrate them precisely (such precision is quite possible for a tech-savvy TW) and set the device, a single device precisely built, over your head and turn it on. The two images can be made to overlap and produce a single circle!

Requiring about the same amount of precision but one less bulb, just have the two LCDs be right on top of eachother, being projected by the same bulb. Why would this require precision? The bulb is further away from one screen than the other, and while this wouldn't matter in a laser (whose light ray doesn't really expand much), you're trying to project. This means producing a cone effect toward the ground.
Therefore, the more distant LCD would have to have a proportionally larger display.
Frankly, I like the double-bulb projector, but this works, too.

Summoning circles require actual physical materials for the summoning. I used protection circle superior because to my recollection, it doesn't.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Haha, I think the player group's new TW is starting to get the spirit of things.
Next time he has time and money after his more serious project, he's declared he's going to construct "Thor's Barbecue Fork!", which at the core will be a barbecue fork with Call Lightning and Impervious to Energy, whose sole purpose shall be to cook food in the flashiest way possible, lightning-bolt-from-the-sky grilled to perfection. :lol: :lol:
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Thats awesome. I bet it would be delicious. You should have a spell "Create 11 original herbs and spices." Its a Spell of Legend.

I want KFC. :-(
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”