Rifts Ultimate Edition Errata

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shotgun Jolly »

Hey all,

Its been awhile...

Whats the latest news on the Errata? Should be close to be getting released by now, if memory serves me right. :ok:

Gaming season is about to get started and I am very excited about it!

Weeee........
©-JC Locke retains ownership and rights of all original artwork and information posted
by the ShotGun Jolly account.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Shotgun Jolly wrote:Hey all,

Its been awhile...

Whats the latest news on the Errata? Should be close to be getting released by now, if memory serves me right. :ok:

Gaming season is about to get started and I am very excited about it!

Weeee........

Well, it was said that they hoped to get it by the end of August/September... so, no new info.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

verdilak wrote:
Well, it was said that they hoped to get it by the end of August/September... so, no new info.

With August gone let's hope they can actually release it this month.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from Catalonia

Unread post by mobuttu »

I don't know if it's already posted but as we talk in another threat it seems there is a typo on the RUE Augmented PS table:

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:
If the Headhunter has Bionic Arms/hands, he can still do a MD Power Punch.
The Chart even says a Headhunter with Bionic Arms and Hands can...

Ignore the chart starting at PS 24
It should be PS 24 & Under anyways...

It is another typo/error I'm afraid.
Kinda like how the PP Bonus for the Juicers was left out. Things get by, by all the companies. It is nothing to worry over.

PS 24 & Under is what is should have been listed.

Hope this helps.
I wonder why Noone else noticed this simple answer...
Because it's rediculous. Something with a PS of 1 can do MD? no...it starts at 24, not under.

Same reason why Supernatural PS dosn't do MD under 16

the book clearly stats a Headhunter (with Two Bionic Arms/hands) can inflict Mega-Damage. But their Cap is 22.

Either we should Allow Augemented PS 16-24 to inflict ONE Mega-Damage on a Power Punch (Because it is "Expectional Range") or Change the Chart to start at PS 22...or...Up the Headhunter Max PS to 24 if Both Arms/hands are Bionic so they can inflict the Mega-Damage it say they can inflict.

When I wrote PB after RUE came out, I was told it was a typo..that it should have included 24 & Under...

take a look at:

viewtopic.php?t=78634
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Michael Barakofsky »

Takilong wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:
Swift-13 wrote:Heheh...and the good ole Coalition C-27 Plasma Cannon still has the best range *ever* for a hand-held weapon...

488 km! :D

The page refs would be:

URMB p.258 col.1: C-27 Heavy Plasma Cannon: "Effective Range: 1600 ft (488 km)."
RMB p.203 col.2: C-27 Heavy Plasma Cannon: "Effective Range: 1600 ft (488 km)."

ok i am so giving my guy one of those next time never noticed that befor.

I don't know if this has been addressed yet or not I am only half way through reading this 40 some odd pages of posts but for the C-27 Heavy Plasma cannon its range of 1600 ft (488 km) is supposed to be 488 m. The k is a typo, when doing the calculation 1600 ft equals 487.80487804878048780487804878049 m so round it up to 488 m.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
John 3:16 says it all
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Michael Barakofsky wrote:I don't know if this has been addressed yet or not I am only half way through reading this 40 some odd pages of posts but for the C-27 Heavy Plasma cannon its range of 1600 ft (488 km) is supposed to be 488 m. The k is a typo, when doing the calculation 1600 ft equals 487.80487804878048780487804878049 m so round it up to 488 m.

It's a joke, friend, just a joke.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Wow..

September 28th.. Just a few more days to the release of the eratta.

Are the topics that are currently being discused here the last few months going to be added to the errata tha was already written? Or are they going to re write a new one?

cant wait!

Regards
SGJ
©-JC Locke retains ownership and rights of all original artwork and information posted
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Okay, so apparently the "When is the errata being released?" question is still unanswered. I take that back - the answer that was given wasn't quite what happened, so it was effectively the same as no answer.

Do we have a definitive answer as to why this is the case? Is it the formatting of the file vs. whatever server they want to host it on? Is it too big? Did the file get lost? Does Wayne not know how to upload the file?
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
verdilak
Adventurer

Yea, August came and went... no Errata... September came and went.... No Errata...

WHY??

Unfortunately... and I am not going out on a limb here, but I would like to give a prophesy that October has come and will go with.... NO Errata!

Would be nice if PB proved me wrong, but I am NOT holding my breathe any longer.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I personally asked Jason Marker, who started working in the Palladium office yesterday, to make the errata a priority.

At least I tried...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
verdilak
Adventurer

Braden Campbell wrote:I personally asked Jason Marker, who started working in the Palladium office yesterday, to make the errata a priority.

At least I tried...

Thank you Braden!! :ok:
Sureshot
Champion

Braden Campbell wrote:I personally asked Jason Marker, who started working in the Palladium office yesterday, to make the errata a priority.

At least I tried...

I just wish it was yourself in charge of the errata as you seem to be the only one trying to get it posted. In any case I got tired of waiting for the errata and bought myself a second printing of RUE yesterday. When I review the book it will be factored into the score.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

Unread post by Tigermuppetcut »

Does the second printing take care of all the issues / contain all the fixes or is it also error riddled and full of Palladium's not so delicious copypasta :lol:

I've been holding off on RUE until there is a very clean version.
Sureshot
Champion

I scanned the first 10 pages of this thread and for the most part what is missing or in error has been fixed. As for the other errors I'm not going to go through the entire errata thread to find out.

Enlightened Grognard

The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Ultimate Edition 2nd Printing is clean. I personally compiled the errata and made corrections to that printing.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

So any updates on when the errata PDF will be finished/released? I'd try and order a second printing. However, most of the players in my Rifts game acquired copies of the RUE which were first printing (have to doublecheck though) so I'm leery of going that route. Especially for a book I already own.
Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

Unread post by Tigermuppetcut »

Great, thanks. Looks like PB will be getting my money then.
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Ultimate Edition 2nd Printing is clean. I personally compiled the errata and made corrections to that printing.

Thank you!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Ultimate Edition 2nd Printing is clean. I personally compiled the errata and made corrections to that printing.

So, are you going to post the changes for us 1st printing folks???
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Sureshot wrote:... In any case I got tired of waiting for the errata and bought myself a second printing of RUE yesterday. When I review the book it will be factored into the score.

Oh no.. Sureshot

Thats sad.. :(

This whole debacle on waiting for the errata is sad.. :-(

Im sad... :(

I so had my hopes up for this...

Well, back to waiting for it... again :nh:
Sureshot
Champion

Shotgun Jolly wrote:Oh no.. Sureshot

Thats sad.. :(

This whole debacle on waiting for the errata is sad.. :-(

Im sad... :(

I so had my hopes up for this...

Well, back to waiting for it... again :nh:

Yeah it does suck but at the very least the money I spent on buying the second printing came from some gaming books that I sold at my FLGS including the first printing of RUE. So it was not a complete waste. Why the hell is taking some goddamn long?? Is the errata for the new Robotech or upcoming Warpath/Zombie RPG going to take two years or more to be posted? I'm starting to wonder if they even care about it anymore.

Enlightened Grognard

dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

not 100% sure if this fits but Juicers cant take snipper I thought they could before but lent out old books so I cant cheak
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

PslyderFTA wrote:According to page 71 of the old rules, "Espionage: Intelligence, escape artist, detect ambush, and detect concealment only."

Ditto for page 81 of R:UE.
yes but the JA 11 Assassin is a shipper rifle
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
verdilak
Adventurer

Orko wrote:
Lord of Bones wrote:Can I have the erratta for Christmas?

Please? :P

Which Christmas ?
Maybe you´ll get one in the same package Mechanoids
in Space will bei in. :?

Or BTS2-Arcanum.

Or LoD3

Or OK.

Or a multitude of others promised...
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

I ended up getting second printing for my grab bag. Although I now have the fixed version, I still feel I shoudnt have had to have buy it again (although I admit it was my decision to finally break down and buy a second copy). And yes, its a much nicer product than the first printing.

I know KS and company are extremely busy writing and all right now, but Id think that they kept notes on what they changed. Even if it were as simple as MS Word and the change tracking feature turned to "on". It would take a good 2 hours to compile the changes and another hour to format it for posting.

Sure beats a fan going through line by line between the two copies...

Just currious, what is the hold up?
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
verdilak
Adventurer

Gift Bag desires:
RUE Errata
Correctly Spelled RUE Errata
RUE Errata posted online
RUE Errata Online by the New Year (year 2008)

Think i asked for too much?
The Galactus Kid

At this point I have no idea.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

FTracer wrote:
That's odd, maasenstodt did have a post awhile ago.

He did, it said that they suspected the errata to be done by early fall of last year.

This has gone on way to long, and its a pitty too.. this whole thing is a poor showing.

I am starting to think it was never done and just a big scam to try and get people to buy a new book... its a pitty I have to say that too. But thats what it feels like! Sad, thing is, I argued like a wild savage a year or so ago with my FLGS owner to start bringing in new PB books, I told him, when I get the errata ill run demos.. :(

I have my whole collection collecting dust until i get it. I cant even remember the last time I opened up a PB book!

All my time is now spent playing and buying other RPGs. Heck, I just picked up the old traveller deluxe set and thinking about starting a campaign in that system...

Ill check back again in several months to see if there is anything new. I hope soon this will be corrected. I am stubborn on this whole issue now, and its based on the fact I will NOT buy another RIFTS book, until its out.

Regards
SGJ
The Galactus Kid

ShotgunJolly wrote:I am starting to think it was never done and just a big scam to try and get people to buy a new book

It was done. I did it myself. I turned it into Palladium a while ago and still have no idea why its not up.

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
ShotgunJolly wrote:I am starting to think it was never done and just a big scam to try and get people to buy a new book

It was done. I did it myself. I turned it into Palladium a while ago and still have no idea why its not up.

Could you perhaps suggest to Kevin that he post a murmur on what the status is then?
The Galactus Kid

I'll suggest it.

verdilak
Adventurer

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'll suggest it.

Hell, can you send it to me? Seems like it will never see the light of day.

Seriously, can you send it to me so I can use my RUE?
The Galactus Kid

1.) You can still use your R:UE. We have 3 copies of the first printing that we use weekly.

2.) No I can't send it to you since that would violate my Non-disclosure agreement. I have to assume that there is a reason why Palladium has not put it out yet. Whether that reason is formatting, content, or some other reason, I'm not sure. I recommend taking this thread, copying and pasting the issues listed here, and using that.

verdilak
Adventurer

The Galactus Kid wrote:1.) You can still use your R:UE. We have 3 copies of the first printing that we use weekly.

2.) No I can't send it to you since that would violate my Non-disclosure agreement. I have to assume that there is a reason why Palladium has not put it out yet. Whether that reason is formatting, content, or some other reason, I'm not sure. I recommend taking this thread, copying and pasting the issues listed here, and using that.

You Signed a NDA for the RUE Eratta?
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

The Galactus Kid wrote:2.) ... I recommend taking this thread, copying and pasting the issues listed here, and using that.

I would like to do that, but the thing is, we get a billion different answers from all different types of people.

Could we perhaps, post the questions and address it to you? Then you could tell us yes or no.. Seeing you wrote the answers, it would be best to get them from you?

SGJ
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

verdilak wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:1.) You can still use your R:UE. We have 3 copies of the first printing that we use weekly.

You Signed a NDA for the RUE Eratta?

That's not how it works.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
The Galactus Kid

I signed an NDA for all Palladium related products. This falls into that category. Its the same reason I'm not e-mailing you the original manuscript for TRIAX 2. It may be different from the book and may pose legal difficulties for Palladium, and definately for me since it would be breaking my NDA. I'm not going to risk my role as a freelancer over the errata. It has been mentioned to Palladium and as far as I know is in the works. In the meant time, I will try to answer the questions that I can, but re-posting the questions is effectively the same thing. I will promise to try to figure out why this hasn't happened yet, and if there is anything I can do to expediate the process that won't put you (the fans) or myself in a legal bind. I understand you want this. Hell, I want this. I just want to cover myself, Palladium, and you guys while getting you the document that you need. Sound fair? I hope so, because thats all I can do.

The Galactus Kid

1) They haven't moved yet.

2) They didn't lose it. I know they have it.

verdilak
Adventurer

The Galactus Kid wrote:I signed an NDA for all Palladium related products. This falls into that category. Its the same reason I'm not e-mailing you the original manuscript for TRIAX 2. It may be different from the book and may pose legal difficulties for Palladium, and definately for me since it would be breaking my NDA. I'm not going to risk my role as a freelancer over the errata. It has been mentioned to Palladium and as far as I know is in the works. In the meant time, I will try to answer the questions that I can, but re-posting the questions is effectively the same thing. I will promise to try to figure out why this hasn't happened yet, and if there is anything I can do to expediate the process that won't put you (the fans) or myself in a legal bind. I understand you want this. Hell, I want this. I just want to cover myself, Palladium, and you guys while getting you the document that you need. Sound fair? I hope so, because thats all I can do.

Thanks, now I know how the NDA works! And yes, it sounds fair, thanks!
The Galactus Kid

You're very welcome. Thanks for understanding.

verdilak
Adventurer

The Galactus Kid wrote:You're very welcome. Thanks for understanding.

No Problem. I understand your end of it clearly.

Palladium's end? I have no freaking clue why they dont want to fix their books for their fans. Just been at the Mutants and Masterminds forums and dear gods what a breath of fresh air and a good model how a publisher's forums should actually be set up and worked.
Sureshot
Champion

verdilak wrote:No Problem. I understand your end of it clearly.

Palladium's end? I have no freaking clue why they dont want to fix their books for their fans. Just been at the Mutants and Masterminds forums and dear gods what a breath of fresh air and a good model how a publisher's forums should actually be set up and worked.

Seconded I do not blame GK at all for the lack of errata for RUE. I just do not understand why it's so hard to post it up. Nor should it take that long to go through it either. It boggles the mind at this point.

Enlightened Grognard

verdilak
Adventurer

Sureshot wrote:
verdilak wrote:No Problem. I understand your end of it clearly.

Seconded I do not blame GK at all for the lack of errata for RUE. I just do not understand why it's so hard to post it up. Nor should it take that long to go through it either. It boggles the mind at this point.

These are the things I see wrong in this picture.

I am not trying to bash PB, but how else can fans of their work look at it? We purchased the book, errors were found and tabulated by the fans themselves, and the list of those errors was compiled by a freelancer who handed them over to PB to put on their website for the fans, no money was made by the freelancer for doing that, the freelancer just was trying to help out the fans and customers.

However, PB has not put the eratta up. They have no longer mentioned it since the date it was supposed to be up according to them has come and gone.

This speaks of the care PB treats their customers and fans. The lack of being able to do this one small thing for their customers speaks volumes. And I dont know why they have chosen not to see it and ignore it. Some have gone so far as to vow not to buy another PB product, used or new, until the eratta gets put up.

It seems to me, that since the CoT is still mentioned in Murmurs and Press Releases occasionally, and that sales are not the best, PB would be trying to keep as many paying customers and fans as possible. However, even steadfast customers and fans cannot look past the fact that PB is seemingly refusing to help out customers who bought a 1st Printing book that was supposed to be the "Ultimate" edition as signified in the very title.

One can only assume that PB wants their customers and fans to buy the later printings where such errors were fixed, instead of helping customers and fans to be able to play with what they have already purchased.

This is not right even if its slightly the case.

The customers and fans were the ones who pre-ordered the book before it came out, helping to bring money to help in the creation and printing processes. Without those pre-orders, the very least one could infer is that the book's printing date may have slid further along or that it would have cost more money that it did to print it (instead they were able to use customer's money from the pre-orders to supplement the printing and everything else, which helps keep PB's money down).

And yet, they are showing little to no concern for those customers now.

This is not right.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Hence another reason why Im waiting for the Deluxe version of Robotech and am not buying the Manga sized one. I might as well wait for the corrected version.
Updated Aug 2015
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

Kagashi wrote:Hence another reason why Im waiting for the Deluxe version of Robotech and am not buying the Manga sized one. I might as well wait for the corrected version.

I'm as tempted as can be to pick up a copy of Robotech upon release. I find the manga format to be intriguing and I like that Kevin & Co. have gone to the fans to make it a better representation of the series this time. That said, this errata issue has convinced me that I'll never again buy a Palladium product unless (1) I can give a thorough once over (something that's increasingly difficult since my LGSs are stocking a bare minimum of Palladium products anymore) or (2) I am convinced through customer reviews that the product is free of any significant errata.

I've bought and enjoyed Palladium games since the 80s, and so all of this is pretty disappointing. I'd like to hear why Kevin won't support his products (and keep his promises to do so) the way the rest of the gaming industry does.
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

deleted - sorry about that. reading too many threads at the same time.
Last edited by Snuffy on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Galactus Kid

please stay on topic.

The Galactus Kid

Thats only because you assume that the ammo is steel and not ultra-light mdc fictional metal.

Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Thats only because you assume that the ammo is steel and not ultra-light mdc fictional metal.

And correct me if I'm wrong, GK, but the errata is just that... errata, right? Corrected mistakes (like typos, a stat left out here or there, etc.) and not changes to things that people just didn't like. There are no rule changes or alternate character classes or extra material or whatever.

Browsing this thread, I'm not sure that everyone is clear on what exactly is involved in the errata. Lots of talk here about "making the game playable" and such that doesn't make a lot of sense given what the first printing was and what the errata is.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
The Galactus Kid

Yes. You're right Jason.

Return to “Rifts®”