Quick Vampire Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Re: Quick Vampire Question

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Well, I don't think BB guns have ever been given any damage. Perhaps, for the specific nature of attacking Vampires, you could assign a 1D3 Damage (yes, D3) and allow for staking as per the rules (Natural 20 hits the heart). Maybe allow burst fire with the gun if need be.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Lord the Juicer wrote:
ApocalypseZero wrote:Well, I don't think BB guns have ever been given any damage. Perhaps, for the specific nature of attacking Vampires, you could assign a 1D3 Damage (yes, D3) and allow for staking as per the rules (Natural 20 hits the heart). Maybe allow burst fire with the gun if need be.

Would that be per bb or for a burst? they shoot roughly 100 per 5 secs. and i am unsure of the d3. is that an actual die, or a modified d6 roll?

the typical BB can barely do a point of SDC, IMO.

a burst firing BB rifle with the stats you listed i'd set up as maybe 1D6 or 1D8 SDC a burst. more from the "sand blasting" the target gets than anything else.

not a bad idea for an improvised weapon though.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Lord the Juicer wrote:
ApocalypseZero wrote:Well, I don't think BB guns have ever been given any damage. Perhaps, for the specific nature of attacking Vampires, you could assign a 1D3 Damage (yes, D3) and allow for staking as per the rules (Natural 20 hits the heart). Maybe allow burst fire with the gun if need be.

Would that be per bb or for a burst? they shoot roughly 100 per 5 secs. and i am unsure of the d3. is that an actual die, or a modified d6 roll?

the typical BB can barely do a point of SDC, IMO.

a burst firing BB rifle with the stats you listed i'd set up as maybe 1D6 or 1D8 SDC a burst. more from the "sand blasting" the target gets than anything else.

not a bad idea for an improvised weapon though.

Yup.
Since silver does x2 damage to vampires, I'd have the BB Machinegun do something like 1d2 SDC per shot, 1d4 SDC for a short (5-shot) burst, 2d4 for a long burst (15 shots), and 3d4 for a 30 shot burst.
Or something like that.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”