Size of TW devices

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Temporalmage
Hero

Size of TW devices

Unread post by Temporalmage »

The books give standard items as the base component of TW item. Such as a standard shotgun for a TW hellfire shotgun, or a eyeglasses for TW Eyes of Thoth glasses. And all of these are based off of human standard items. But what if a giant wants a Hellfire shotgun? Or a fairy? Can these items be made larger or smaller than standard? And if so, as they still utilize the same PPE to use and the same spells, would there be a differance in how they worked? Damage, range, etc??
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Size of TW devices

Unread post by Library Ogre »

You could easily make a giant-sized TW device; it would cost a little more for the greater-sized materials, but not a whole lot if you want it to have the same effects as a human-sized one... you're not paying for more magic, just for a bigger case.

If you want to have a giant-sized one that does giant-sized damage, then you're looking at a giant-sized price.

Faerie-sized items I would say would be fairly expensive, however... there would need to be a lot of miniaturization in a 1/12th scale working model, with all the features and abilities of the large one. That is, of course, unless you have a faerie-sized TW.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
killhound
Explorer

Unread post by killhound »

the problem with making things small is , the size of the gems remain the same the ppe cost of any given spell requires the gem for that spell to be at least the ppe cost in carats in other words spell a costs 10 ppe to cast the gem size for that spell must be 10 carat .
killhound
Explorer

Unread post by killhound »

i think you just pointed out a skill that i didn't know i had called selective reading apearantly its like selective hearing sorry i sit corrected-ish :o
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

So the consensus is that it IS possible, it's only a matter of cost.
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”