PFRPG Book IV

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Sticky'd due to being a popular and frequent question.
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Re: PFRPG Book IV

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

I wish the new wolfen empire book actually contained the infomation on the capitol of Shadowfall like was promised. :x
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

I have all three and use them in equal parts. I thought that the Wolfen Empire book had everything it needed, but not necessarily everything it [i]should[i]have had. Still, I think they're all three good books. Definitely worth having.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Book IV

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

LordVarandus wrote:
Exodus2473 wrote:i hvae both of those books and have found them to be priceless in terms of the history of the wolven. i also have the wolven empire which i always use as primary resource, but use the latter two for research material and adventures and all that good stuff...

yes those books fracking rock! The cover with the wolfin necromancer is wicked cool!

I read that as fraggle rock the first time. :oops:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I belive Land of the Damned 2 is the newest PF book. but it might be Wolven Empire
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I belive Land of the Damned 2 is the newest PF book. but it might be Wolven Empire

Wolfen Empire was the newest book!

and it was a shame that it didnt combine the two first ed. books into one (as promised). the new material was quite good in parts, but still I think the book is the weakest in the whole line!
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Vidynn wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I belive Land of the Damned 2 is the newest PF book. but it might be Wolven Empire

Wolfen Empire was the newest book!

and it was a shame that it didnt combine the two first ed. books into one (as promised). the new material was quite good in parts, but still I think the book is the weakest in the whole line!

I'd actually have to put "weakest in the line" burden on Island at the Edge of the World. Its construction as an adventure precludes good organization as a sourcebook, being more concerned with the adventure than the new information it provides. By contrast, Wolfen Empire has a good structure, and the adventures that were included were top-notch.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Library Ogre

Not really. I don't think a lot could be done with it and keep it as an adventure. Things are pretty well-placed for an adventure... it's just that makes them inconveniently placed for a sourcebook.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Mark Hall wrote:I'd actually have to put "weakest in the line" burden on Island at the Edge of the World. Its construction as an adventure precludes good organization as a sourcebook

I view it as an adventure with background info. it isnt really a sourcebook...you need the locations described for the adventure and you get very little on the Old Kingdom and the mountains...would have been a better book, if they did. by the way, I rank it among the weakest in the line too.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

Library Ogre

Vidynn wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:I'd actually have to put "weakest in the line" burden on Island at the Edge of the World. Its construction as an adventure precludes good organization as a sourcebook

I view it as an adventure with background info. it isnt really a sourcebook...you need the locations described for the adventure and you get very little on the Old Kingdom and the mountains...would have been a better book, if they did. by the way, I rank it among the weakest in the line too.

Precisely. It's not that it's bad for what it is... just bad for what I want to use it for.

All Palladium Articles
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Mark Hall wrote:Precisely. It's not that it's bad for what it is... just bad for what I want to use it for.

let's take a look at Old Ones, a book that I personally would put in the medium range of the line. if you want to use it as a sourcebook on the Old Ones (as the title suggests) it pretty much sucks, not at all because its bad, but because there is not a lot of information. BUT if you use it as sourcebook on Timiro it is pretty good*, and if you want to use it as an adventure book for a campaign in Timiro and the Old Kingdom it is very good in my opinion.

* even better in first edition, as this version had a timeline of the Kingdom and more stuff which, for some unknown reason, where not included in the second edition of the book.

Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

I liked the Wolven Empire book myself. It a good job for what it did.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”