Funky superpower hypothetical

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Funky superpower hypothetical

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Inspired in part by the Grant Super Abilities thread:

Say you could have any book legal combination of powers (using the main HU book only though, no netbooks or sourcebooks), but there's a catch:
Anyone within 50' of you has a 10% chance every 15 minutes of getting powers identical to yours (ie, the longer you're near someone, the greater the odds he/she becomes a superbeing like you. The weird 50' power giving bit does not get copied over though). Those powers will last until between 3 to 12 hours after the person leaves that 50' radius. You cannot control this.

You live in this world. Superheroes are currently unheard of. What powers do you pick?

I'll reply in a spoiler tag so you can reply before reading what I wrote if you want.
Spoiler:
Immortality, Invulnerability, Extraordinary Physical Prowess, Underwater Abilities.
Mainly, I want powers that will be useful, but won't be too obvious most of the time. If everywhere I go people start turning into metal giants or becoming mega fast, then I'd be in trouble fairly quick.
But who's gonna notice not aging for a few hours? And the Extraordinary Physical Prowess would likewise go unheeded. A little "hey, I never could make that wastebucket jumpshot before, but today I am on fire!" would likely go unnoticed. Whereas if I had APS: Fire and people were literally on fire, then that'd get attention.
And if you work in an office, not much chance of invulnerability coming up "My computer exploded, but somehow I am unharmed! How can this be?!".
And as for the Underwater Abilities? If I ever decided to take a cruise and the boat sank, odds are most people on board would survive. Plus, I could become the world's greatest marine biologist, using the powers to get fame and fortune in a setting that's unlikely to reveal the whole secret or cause trouble! Or maybe an architect :p
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
znbrtn
Hero

Re: Funky superpower hypothetical

Unread post by znbrtn »

for some strange reason, my mind went immediately to control radiation. give me a few minutes and i'll think of something less... horrific.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Zerebus wrote:Karmic Power (BEHAVE!!!), Super Regeneration, and Grant Powers - Bad people inheriting these powers would see them short out quickly (negative karma), good or at least decent people would see themselves healed and will have the ability to transfer that healing ability to others. Yes, there are ways for this power combination to go wrong, but once society at large found out what I could do, they'd probably regulate who could be in proximity to me anyway.

So if you pick two powers that break the rules in the OP, what does that do to your karma? :p
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I'd go with ex PB, Physical perfection and multiple bodies.

Not only do I spread my 50 foot radius around a bit more, but the longer they spend in the area, the greater the chance that people are going to spontaneously pop out beautiful naked doppelgangers.

Woot!!!

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Main book only

Extrodinary PB
Wingless flight
Force Aura
Force feilds

angelic beatafull face

Since its mostly defensive it shouldent cause
too much havok
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”