PSI SLAYER question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Can a psi slayer have two psi-knives at the same time?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 18

Temporalmage
Hero

PSI SLAYER question

Unread post by Temporalmage »

A psi slayer can have a psi-knife.

Can they have two at the same time? Please explain your answer
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
Temporalmage
Hero

Re: PSI SLAYER question

Unknown_Nobody wrote:Well they show in an illistration he's holding multiple knifes so yes? I could be wrong....

I think those are normal knives.
Oh oh... why cant we have CS PsiSlayers???

you can, in the back of Psi scape it lists psi-slayers among CS psi-battalion troops.
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
Temporalmage
Hero

By the way; I said no as the Cyber Knight is the only class I know that states it can summon two psi-swords at the same time. But I'm allowing that psi-knives may be differant and am wondering everyone elses opinion.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

No, but potentially they could get a Psi SWORD and a Psi Dagger.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

No.

The Cyber-Knight is currently the only class (IIRC) that can summon two psi-weapons at the same time.

~ Josh
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:No.

The Cyber-Knight is currently the only class (IIRC) that can summon two psi-weapons at the same time.

~ Josh

I believe the mystic warrior from Rifts Spirit west can also summon two psi weapons: the lance and the tomahawk.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

razorjack wrote:Xititx Queen can summon a psi sword per limb. at the Usual ISP cost. I'd apply this limitation to Extra Psi knives.

Same goes vampire intelligences and neuron beasts. In my opinion, if you've got the ISP and the inclination, fire up the multiple psi-swords (or psi-knives).
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

AlanGunhouse wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:No.

~ Josh

I believe the mystic warrior from Rifts Spirit west can also summon two psi weapons: the lance and the tomahawk.

But not at the same time.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I would probably allow it; it would be an action for each to summon (unlike Psi-sword, there's no specified meditation time).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
AlanGunhouse
Champion

I was studying the Psi Slayer, and nowhere in it does it say he can NOT have both a psi sword and a psi dagger active at the same time, they are different psychic abilities with similar effects. My rule is: if it is not expressly forbidden it should be allowed. This gives the players the most flexibility they can get. Similarly it does not say the Mystic Warrior can not have both Lance and Tomahawk at once (and I think there was one in the Madhaven book or Arnzo who specifically said she could).
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Personally with the Psi-Dagger being a lesser version of the psi Sword I would allow them to summon forth more than one. Limit one per limb and it would cost to activate each one.

The reason it is specifically limited in the case of the Cyber-Knight is that they are the only class that can summon a psi-sword at 1st level with no ISP cost to activate. (yes I know that the Duelist can summon Psi-Sword at 1st level but it still costs them the Standard ISP cost)
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

Temporalmage wrote:
Unknown_Nobody wrote:Well they show in an illistration he's holding multiple knifes so yes? I could be wrong....

Nah the ones in his hand are energy like fitting the description of a "psi-weapon"
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Shadowfyr wrote:
Temporalmage wrote:

Nah the ones in his hand are energy like fitting the description of a "psi-weapon"

The one in the illustration appears to me to be sorta like a punch dagger style so I would rule it as one psi weapon.

Return to “Rifts®”