The Arms of Nargash-Tor conversion to 2E

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MightyAtom
Wanderer

The Arms of Nargash-Tor conversion to 2E

Unread post by MightyAtom »

Hi people,

I'm looking for some advice/help. I've been gaming for a while and am now just trying to get into some Palladium Fantasy and am trying to get my gf into as well. She's keen which is good but has never played before so I am going to be running at least the first couple of games. I'm not the best at being a GM as thus like using the mostly spelled out adventures like the Arms of Nargash-Tor, which I've downloaded, read and like. However, as we all know it's 1E Palladium Fantasy where as I have mostly 2E books. I've looked through the forums for info on converting and there are a few threads on converting between editions but I didn't find much information in them that I could use (I'm a bit of a novice when it comes down to it). So I'm looking for some help from the prefessionals here on this forum on how I might go about converting this adventure into 2E.

I'm going to start looking at redoing skills and SDC/HP from skill selections and stats but as I've never read 1E I'm not sure if there's much of a difference in how stats work from 1E to 2E. From the stats of NPCs in the adventure it looks like most of them have fairly low stats with only the occasional high ones (PS of 20 maybe). Is this just how it is or a difference between 1E and 2E?? The main bad-guy, Rhaznor, a changeling mind-mage, it mentions a psionic ability called "Evil Eye" which isn't in 2E. Is there an equivalent that can be used as this seems to be one of his main attacks. That's just a few questions I can think of. Any further suggestions would most certainly be helpful.

Thanks in advance for helping a poor novice. :?

Mighty Atom :-D
"Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kick-ass."
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Re: The Arms of Nargash-Tor conversion to 2E

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Arms of Nargash-Tor is good, but have you ever heard of the Tombs of Gersidi? It was the starting off adventure for PF 1st Edition. I, and many others around here have a version done by a forum member that's been converted to 2E already. I highly recommend it and if you're interested, just shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to you. It's a great adventure and is a really good way to get people interested in this fantastic RPG. I've used it for that myself a time or nine. Let me know.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
MightyAtom
Wanderer

Northern Ranger wrote:Arms of Nargash-Tor is good, but have you ever heard of the Tombs of Gersidi? It was the starting off adventure for PF 1st Edition. I, and many others around here have a version done by a forum member that's been converted to 2E already. I highly recommend it and if you're interested, just shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to you. It's a great adventure and is a really good way to get people interested in this fantastic RPG. I've used it for that myself a time or nine. Let me know.

I've seen the name a couple of times in the forum and would definitely be interested in it if that's ok. I'll send you a PM now. Thanks! :D
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

its a great adventure I will have to look at the Arms adventure and see if its easily convertable to PF.
MightyAtom
Wanderer

Marcethus wrote:its a great adventure I will have to look at the Arms adventure and see if its easily convertable to PF.

If you do convert it to 2E I would definitely be interested in checking it out. :-D
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

yeha the Tombs conversion was easy to say the least. Actually having a load of time at work, I have been working on an update to it as there was found some discrepencies....

Arms of Nag- I will have to look into but Im sure it can easily be done as well.

funny how things seem full circle in 2 years time.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Entiago wrote:yeha the Tombs conversion was easy to say the least. Actually having a load of time at work, I have been working on an update to it as there was found some discrepencies....

Arms of Nag- I will have to look into but Im sure it can easily be done as well.

funny how things seem full circle in 2 years time.

You did a good job on the Tombs Entiago. I still use it, obviously.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Excellent work Entiago I will enjoy running a group through that Terror filled place once again.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”