Which book is the best ?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Re: Which book is the best ?

Unread post by Warwolf »

Specter wrote:No... it is totally valid. But, it's still immature to decide not to do something with it out of some kind of spite. There is a fan base... possibly a small fan base who says... I want to read that.

And, Kevin says... not gonna happen.

And, we say... because your going to put it into a book or something and letting us see it will cost you money?

Nope

Because you are worried that it could lead to some kind of highly unlikely lawsuit from the Catholic church reading our e-mails?

Nope

Then why?

The same reason that FOX maintains rights to Firefly and will neither let Sci-fi buy the rights nor start up new shows even with a rabid fanbase. Cause it's funny. :D

Don't put words in my mouth. He owns the material and he can do whatever he wants to with it. That is his right and you know I'm not saying that it isn't.

First off, I want you to understand that I do empathize with your plight to a degree. I've been told that the script to Aliens 3 was supposed to be more of a kick-*** action film that went more into depth about the Space Marines fighting the xenos. Then (supposedly) Ms. Weaver threw her weight around and forced the studio into producing the worst Aliens movie to date (which if you ask Kevin, doesn't exist :P ).

I'd really like to see the original movie, but that simply isn't going to happen for a multitude of reasons. Unlike your approach to this situation, I accept that circumstances prevent my wishes from being catered to and move on without jumping on the internet and berating James Cameron and 20th Century Fox for their failure to release the original script.

That said, I find it funny that you seem to think you "know" the reason Kevin won't post the material that was cut from SoL. Am I missing something? Are you one of those Project Stargate participants, a former employee of Palladium in disguise, or are you perhaps just regurgitating some cyber-troll's theories about how Kevin won't give in to the "huge" fanbase that wants to see the material because he's just a mean man?

Oh, and you know what? I do happen to have some inside information on some of the material cut and/or changed from Shadows of Light (I had to discuss SoL with Kev to see what its fate would be regarding continuity). I can't (and won't attempt to) speak for Kevin, but believe me when I say there were extremely valid reasons for some of it not to see the light of day.

This is not to say that Jason Vey is a bad writer or anything of that sort. In fact, there are large chunks of SoL that I quite enjoyed. However, if Kev doesn't like the material, he's not going to put it out in either paper or electronic format. This is especially the case when he doesn't have the time or resources to waste on some cut information that is 5+ years old that a portion of vocal fans on the internet want to see for free when he has plenty of projects languishing that an even larger number of people want like Dyval and the BTS sourcebooks. And you want to know how I gauge that demand? I compare how many people here and at conventions have asked about those books (100+) compared to the number of people I've seen complain about this info not being released (2).

Now, just in the interest of fairness (and because I try to be a nice guy when I can) I'm going to try and remember to ask Kev about the Templar material cut out of SoL the next time I speak with him. Depending on if he even still has the material (things get misplaced around those offices, you should have seen how many little treasures were unearthed during the move), and what he thinks of it, maybe it'll be released in one form or another one of these days. But, if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath. Especially if Kevin did indeed nix it once before.

If nothing else, perhaps I will be able to give you a definitive answer as to some of the reasons stuff was cut since you seem unwilling to trust the judgement of the guy that's run the company for over 26 years now or the information from a guy currently writing for the line. :-?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Specter
Adventurer

Re: Which book is the best ?

Unread post by Specter »

Warwolf wrote:
Specter wrote:No... it is totally valid. But, it's still immature to decide not to do something with it out of some kind of spite. There is a fan base... possibly a small fan base who says... I want to read that.

And, Kevin says... not gonna happen.

And, we say... because your going to put it into a book or something and letting us see it will cost you money?

Nope

Because you are worried that it could lead to some kind of highly unlikely lawsuit from the Catholic church reading our e-mails?

Nope

Then why?

The same reason that FOX maintains rights to Firefly and will neither let Sci-fi buy the rights nor start up new shows even with a rabid fanbase. Cause it's funny. :D

Don't put words in my mouth. He owns the material and he can do whatever he wants to with it. That is his right and you know I'm not saying that it isn't.

First off, I want you to understand that I do empathize with your plight to a degree. I've been told that the script to Aliens 3 was supposed to be more of a kick-*** action film that went more into depth about the Space Marines fighting the xenos. Then (supposedly) Ms. Weaver threw her weight around and forced the studio into producing the worst Aliens movie to date (which if you ask Kevin, doesn't exist :P ).

I'd really like to see the original movie, but that simply isn't going to happen for a multitude of reasons. Unlike your approach to this situation, I accept that circumstances prevent my wishes from being catered to and move on without jumping on the internet and berating James Cameron and 20th Century Fox for their failure to release the original script.

That said, I find it funny that you seem to think you "know" the reason Kevin won't post the material that was cut from SoL. Am I missing something? Are you one of those Project Stargate participants, a former employee of Palladium in disguise, or are you perhaps just regurgitating some cyber-troll's theories about how Kevin won't give in to the "huge" fanbase that wants to see the material because he's just a mean man?

Oh, and you know what? I do happen to have some inside information on some of the material cut and/or changed from Shadows of Light (I had to discuss SoL with Kev to see what its fate would be regarding continuity). I can't (and won't attempt to) speak for Kevin, but believe me when I say there were extremely valid reasons for some of it not to see the light of day.

This is not to say that Jason Vey is a bad writer or anything of that sort. In fact, there are large chunks of SoL that I quite enjoyed. However, if Kev doesn't like the material, he's not going to put it out in either paper or electronic format. This is especially the case when he doesn't have the time or resources to waste on some cut information that is 5+ years old that a portion of vocal fans on the internet want to see for free when he has plenty of projects languishing that an even larger number of people want like Dyval and the BTS sourcebooks. And you want to know how I gauge that demand? I compare how many people here and at conventions have asked about those books (100+) compared to the number of people I've seen complain about this info not being released (2).

Now, just in the interest of fairness (and because I try to be a nice guy when I can) I'm going to try and remember to ask Kev about the Templar material cut out of SoL the next time I speak with him. Depending on if he even still has the material (things get misplaced around those offices, you should have seen how many little treasures were unearthed during the move), and what he thinks of it, maybe it'll be released in one form or another one of these days. But, if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath. Especially if Kevin did indeed nix it once before.

If nothing else, perhaps I will be able to give you a definitive answer as to some of the reasons stuff was cut since you seem unwilling to trust the judgement of the guy that's run the company for over 26 years now or the information from a guy currently writing for the line. :-?

I have no idea why Kev would keep the material from seeing the light of day... and I don't think anyone would come to the conclusion that I know what I'm talking about. What with all the wild accusations and exagerations I've made. And, yeah... I want to see the original ending to Die Hard with a Vengence.

And, I'm not asking for it for free... if he wants to release it in a Rifter or something... that would be cool. Or, if he doesn't want it connected with Palladium at all ... just let Vey send it to who wants it.

Now... I don't feel as strongly about it as it might seem. It's just an old ax.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!

Return to “Nightbane®”