Night Bane Flesh Sculpters In Rifts.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

panzerfaust
Adventurer

Night Bane Flesh Sculpters In Rifts.

Unread post by panzerfaust »

Okay I've recently bought all but one of the Currently In Print Night Bane Books from Palladium, and the flesh Sculpter (page 21 of Through The Glass Darkly) caught my attention., and I want to use it in My rifts campains as a GM, making it availabe to Players as a Native rifts O.C.C. (looking at the O.C.C., O.C.C. Related, and Secondary skills, no O.C.C. skill changes/modifications seem to necessary for porting it over), but I have the follwing Questions about this O.C.C.:

1) Using the Spell "Sculpt Flesh" (see page 65 of Through the Glass Darkly), can can a flesh sculpter increase the P.B. Attribute of a person? If so, by how much?

2) Using the Spell "Meld Living Flesh & Bone" (see page 68 of Through the Glass Darkly) can a flesh sculpter Transplant D-Bee parts to a Human and Vice-Versa? If so what is the effect of using transplants fom an S.D.C. being on a M.D.C. being and Vice-Versa?

3) Same question as #2 above 'cept it applies to Brain Transplants using the spell "Total Replacement" (see page 70 of Through the Glass darkly)

4) If making this available/porting it over as a "standard" Rifts O.C.C. in my game, what would be a set of resonable starting "Standard O.C.C. Equipment" for a Flesh Sculpter in Rifts?

Thanks for any help. :)
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Night Bane Flesh Sculpters In Rifts.

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1) Yes but it would take an art skill roll.
2) yes / Up to the GM
3) maybe, this would be up to the GM. If possible, then it would be like being moved to a clone or borg body. With the normal side effect of having to relearn how to move their new body.
4) Same as what is in the NB:TtGD. A flesh sculpter is more of a NPC char, much like a body fixer.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
panzerfaust
Adventurer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:1) Yes but it would take an art skill roll.
2) yes / Up to the GM
3) maybe, this would be up to the GM. If possible, then it would be like being moved to a clone or borg body. With the normal side effect of having to relearn how to move their new body.
4) Same as what is in the NB:TtGD. A flesh sculpter is more of a NPC char, much like a body fixer.

Thanks Drew, Would need a list of the Standard Adventuring Gear a "Native" Rift's earth flesh sculpter would have as I have a player who wants to play one (Usually there there's no such thing as a NPC char, NOTE I said USUALLY) and one of my faverorate PC's I played was a Adventuring Cyber-Doc.

What's listed in NB: TtGD is diferent from what I'd Imagine a Rifts native of that O.C.C. would have (being intended for the Nightbane world). I could list some stuff but I may acidently leave out some important stuff (I don't want to go hog wild giving out stuff, but don't want to hamstring the PC too much).
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

panzerfaust wrote:1) Using the Spell "Sculpt Flesh" (see page 65 of Through the Glass Darkly), can can a flesh sculpter increase the P.B. Attribute of a person? If so, by how much?

It seems plausible; it can apparently be used to reduce P.B., and if you look like a specific person, you ought to have that person's P.B. score. Nothing in the description suggests an upper or lower limit to P.B., but I agree that an art or sculpting roll should be required. I suggest a penalty to the roll of -5% for each point of P.B. above 15, so that a P.B. of 20 would incur a -25% penalty, while a P.B. of 30 would be -75%.

2) Using the Spell "Meld Living Flesh & Bone" (see page 68 of Through the Glass Darkly) can a flesh sculpter Transplant D-Bee parts to a Human and Vice-Versa? If so what is the effect of using transplants fom an S.D.C. being on a M.D.C. being and Vice-Versa?

The spell description makes it clear that the body parts of supernatural beings (and creatures of magic?) cannot be melded to mortal creatures, but can be melded to other supernatural beings. However, it should be possible to meld the flesh and bones of completely natural M.D.C. beings (e.g. dinosaurs, grackletooths, rhino-buffaloes, etc.) to human/d-bee subjects, and vice-versa. Grafted limbs should retain their strength and M.D.C./S.D.C., but these benefits will only apply to those limbs, not to the subject's entire body.

This spell raises some interesting possibilities for the use of symbiotes. It stands to reason that you could use this spell to merge a Wormwood symbiote to its host in such a way that the symbiote does not die when transferred to another world. Also, Splugorth symbiotes, if somehow acquired, could be implanted without recourse to Bio-Wizardry vats and their associated risks (which may cause the Splugorth to view Fleshsculptors as dangerous rivals).

3) Same question as #2 above 'cept it applies to Brain Transplants using the spell "Total Replacement" (see page 70 of Through the Glass darkly)

As supernatural beings do not technically have organs or living tissues that can be transplanted after their bodies are destroyed, one cannot transplant their brains into new bodies, though it should still be possible to regenerate a partially intact body. It should also be possible to transplant the brain of a creature of magic or other organic M.D.C. being. As per the spell description, the new/reconstructed body's M.D.C. and other physical stats will be halved.

This spell might also be useful for retired cyborgs who want their old bodies back.

4) If making this available/porting it over as a "standard" Rifts O.C.C. in my game, what would be a set of resonable starting "Standard O.C.C. Equipment" for a Flesh Sculpter in Rifts?

Based on the standard equipment listed in TtGD, and the typical equipment for other characters in Rifts, I suggest the following:

Robe, cape, or cloak
Suit of light M.D.C body armor
1D4 knives (S.D.C.)
One weapon for each W.P. and 1D4 ammo magazines/E-clips
Silver crucifix, mallet, and six wooden stakes
1D4 small sacks and one large sack
Portable computer
Medical kit (same complement as Body Fixer O.C.C.)
Set of artist's/sculptor's tools
Backpack
Knapsack
Set of regular clothes
Set of traveler's clothes
PDD-V pocket digital disc A/V player
Notebook and/or sketchbook with 2D4 pencils and pens
Digital camera
Canteen
Binoculars
Air filter and gas mask
Tinted goggles or sunglasses
Small ground vehicle (hovercycle, dune buggy, etc.) or an appropriate riding animal

For money, I'd go with 1D6x1000 to 2D4x1000 credits, and 2D6x1000 credits worth of black market items. I'd also increase the Fleshsculptor's P.P.E. base to P.E. plus 3D4x10 in Rifts.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
panzerfaust wrote:1) Using the Spell "Sculpt Flesh" (see page 65 of Through the Glass Darkly), can can a flesh sculpter increase the P.B. Attribute of a person? If so, by how much?

It seems plausible; it can apparently be used to reduce P.B., and if you look like a specific person, you ought to have that person's P.B. score. Nothing in the description suggests an upper or lower limit to P.B., but I agree that an art or sculpting roll should be required. I suggest a penalty to the roll of -5% for each point of P.B. above 15, so that a P.B. of 20 would incur a -25% penalty, while a P.B. of 30 would be -75%.

The spell description makes it clear that the body parts of supernatural beings (and creatures of magic?) cannot be melded to mortal creatures, but can be melded to other supernatural beings. However, it should be possible to meld the flesh and bones of completely natural M.D.C. beings (e.g. dinosaurs, grackletooths, rhino-buffaloes, etc.) to human/d-bee subjects, and vice-versa. Grafted limbs should retain their strength and M.D.C./S.D.C., but these benefits will only apply to those limbs, not to the subject's entire body.

This spell raises some interesting possibilities for the use of symbiotes. It stands to reason that you could use this spell to merge a Wormwood symbiote to its host in such a way that the symbiote does not die when transferred to another world. Also, Splugorth symbiotes, if somehow acquired, could be implanted without recourse to Bio-Wizardry vats and their associated risks (which may cause the Splugorth to view Fleshsculptors as dangerous rivals).

As supernatural beings do not technically have organs or living tissues that can be transplanted after their bodies are destroyed, one cannot transplant their brains into new bodies, though it should still be possible to regenerate a partially intact body. It should also be possible to transplant the brain of a creature of magic or other organic M.D.C. being. As per the spell description, the new/reconstructed body's M.D.C. and other physical stats will be halved.

This spell might also be useful for retired cyborgs who want their old bodies back.

Based on the standard equipment listed in TtGD, and the typical equipment for other characters in Rifts, I suggest the following:

Robe, cape, or cloak
Suit of light M.D.C body armor
1D4 knives (S.D.C.)
One weapon for each W.P. and 1D4 ammo magazines/E-clips
Silver crucifix, mallet, and six wooden stakes
1D4 small sacks and one large sack
Portable computer
Medical kit (same complement as Body Fixer O.C.C.)
Set of artist's/sculptor's tools
Backpack
Knapsack
Set of regular clothes
Set of traveler's clothes
PDD-V pocket digital disc A/V player
Notebook and/or sketchbook with 2D4 pencils and pens
Digital camera
Canteen
Binoculars
Air filter and gas mask
Tinted goggles or sunglasses
Small ground vehicle (hovercycle, dune buggy, etc.) or an appropriate riding animal

For money, I'd go with 1D6x1000 to 2D4x1000 credits, and 2D6x1000 credits worth of black market items. I'd also increase the Fleshsculptor's P.P.E. base to P.E. plus 3D4x10 in Rifts.

Thanks Tinker-D! :) You've been a great help.

Answer Accepted! :D
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:

I'm going to disagree with you here. Wouldn't MDC parts begin to degrade unless the SDC creature seriously increases its food quality & quantity?

Also I'm not familiar with the spell. Does it remove any chance of transplant rejection? I think it would be higher for different species than it would for similar species.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

To answer the Topic title, yes nightbane (one word) Flesh Sculpters can be in rifts. They would fall under the Nightbane Socerers cat, and would have their PPE defined by, and their Talents limited by the NB S Class.
While it is possible for NB to be in rifts it is still unlikely, even more so for NB FS's. I would sujest you rule that the char has to have had a mentor that turned the magicly inclined youth to the specilty magic of flesh sculpting.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
panzerfaust
Adventurer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:To answer the Topic title, yes nightbane (one word) Flesh Sculpters can be in rifts. They would fall under the Nightbane Socerers cat, and would have their PPE defined by, and their Talents limited by the NB S Class.
While it is possible for NB to be in rifts it is still unlikely, even more so for NB FS's. I would sujest you rule that the char has to have had a mentor that turned the magicly inclined youth to the specilty magic of flesh sculpting.
:lol: No, no, no... You missunderstand...... I'm not talking abount bringing in actual Nightbane into Rifts Earth, just The Flesh Sculpter O.C.C. (as a standard O.C.C. class that Humans and/or D-Bees can take; In other words I'm importing it as a NATIVE Rifts O.C.C. for my personal game as GM. Basically for the purposes of MY game they are considered a NATIVE Rifts Class/O.C.C. you can select as well. Rifts Earth could use magical Doctors too....) which coincidently it needs damn little, if any, tweeking to it to make it compatible with Rifts' skill system and structure: look if you don't belive me. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

panzerfaust wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:To answer the Topic title, yes nightbane (one word) Flesh Sculpters can be in rifts. They would fall under the Nightbane Socerers cat, and would have their PPE defined by, and their Talents limited by the NB S Class.
No, no, no... You missunderstand...... I'm not talking abount bringing in actual Nightbane into Rifts Earth, just The Flesh Sculpter O.C.C. (as a standard O.C.C. class that Humans and/or D-Bees can take; In other words I'm importing it as a NATIVE Rifts O.C.C. for my personal game as GM. Basically for the purposes of MY game they are considered a NATIVE Rifts Class/O.C.C. you can select as well. Rifts Earth could use magical Doctors too....) which coincidently it needs damn little, if any, tweeking to it to make it compatible with Rifts' skill system and structure: look if you don't belive me.

:P :P :lol: :lol:
look @ my first post to this topic ;)
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

The Beast wrote:I'm going to disagree with you here. Wouldn't MDC parts begin to degrade unless the SDC creature seriously increases its food quality & quantity?

I don't see why. M.D.C. creatures are usually M.D.C. creatures because of their presence on Rifts Earth, not because of their diet. A Fury Beetle's carapace is still M.D.C. even after the creature is dead; it should certainly remain M.D.C. when magically preserved and grafted onto a person's body.

Also I'm not familiar with the spell. Does it remove any chance of transplant rejection? I think it would be higher for different species than it would for similar species.

There is no chance of rejection, and species lines may be crossed freely, except that the body parts of supernatural creatures can only be grafted on to other supernatural creatures. The transplanted body parts retain their usual properties (sensory capabilities, damage, etc.), but also have strange drawbacks related to the original donor (unusual appetites or behavior, reflexive habits, etc.).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”