Dark Conversion question

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Dark Conversion question

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

superturkle wrote:i was wondering why do talents like Shadow Blast and Shadow Shield produce SDC effects? it seems a little underwhelming, seeing as how nightbane characters become MDC creatures in Rifts. is this a misprint?

I think so. Both should have m.d.c. effects.
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

superturkle wrote:i was wondering why do talents like Shadow Blast and Shadow Shield produce SDC effects? it seems a little underwhelming, seeing as how nightbane characters become MDC creatures in Rifts. is this a misprint?

Night Princes remain SDC beings in Earth. The Nightbane section of that book was so horribly done it's best to pretend it dosn't exsist, and use the _perfectly good_ rifts conversion notes in Nightlands.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Night Princes remain SDC beings in Earth. The Nightbane section of that book was so horribly done it's best to pretend it dosn't exsist, and use the _perfectly good_ rifts conversion notes in Nightlands.

Agreed :ok:
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Acording to the convertion notes in NightSpawn and NightBane main books, talents that do damage, do MD on Rifts earth.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Yepp I'd rather use the Nightbane Rulebook conversions than the Rifts Dark Conversions book.

Just give me the Rifter 20 Themed Tables, and I'm off...
Kakorot, you clown...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I agree big time with Nekira... Dark Conversions is a badly done book and the conversions in the Nightland book works fine.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Specter wrote:I agree big time with Nekira... Dark Conversions is a badly done book and the conversions in the Nightland book works fine.

:ok:
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Out of the sum 70+/- players I've had, only about 25+ have ever played Nightspawn/bane/breed in a game, so I can't speak fer everyone but out of that number, all have choosen to ignore the DarCon re-write of the Nightbane rules.

I'm the only one who ever used anything from that book, and all I used was the part giving the Facade a healing fact. Otherwise Yes, I ignore it.

Huge chunks of the Nightspawn/bane section of DarCon directly conflict with or leave out relevant canon, example; Nightspawn/bane require a certain number of "The Darks'" forces to enter the world otherwise they'll not go through their Becoming! HOWEVER, The Nightspawn Main Book makes No mention of this kind of prerequisite and flat out tells you that Nightspawn come about from life or death situation. True that a Non-Darkness related Life/Death incident will Not guarantee a becoming where as to a Drakness related one Will... But otherwise this is still complete retcon Bull...

And I fer one am soooooo sick to death of retcon that after 25 years <a quarter century> of collecting every bloody X-Man & Marvel comic I could, I quit collecting this last year after all that unnessisary Mutant killing madness retcon Decimation Garbage...
TV does it, Comics do it, Movies, anime... Even Robotechs new movie does it every step of the way, But I'm Not ever tolerating it in my Nightspawn game.

Gotta say stop at some point yahno.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.

Return to “Nightbane®”