Halcyon Protocal and the Dead

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlanGunhouse
Champion

Re: Halcyon Protocal and the Dead

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

My question is what the effect of giving someone a complete blood transfusion shortly after the Halcyon injection might be? I think it would dilute the effect and make it less likely to be deadly.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Having used these guys as NPC in adventures, it kind of funny to have a guy beating
up on a PC and all of a sudden, his powers go haywire. There is always an unknown
factor when using the powers. Although I would suggest that punching a person when
you have a strength power doesn't count as a roll. However, if the pick up something
heavy, then that should count as roll.
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Either I've totally missed something in the books or just plain forgotten it. What are you guys talking about?
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I think that each time your powers go haywire
and you live the percentage chance of them
screwing up again should go down.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:Either I've totally missed something in the books or just plain forgotten it. What are you guys talking about?

Century Station - Heroes Unlimited Sourcebook. See the Halcyon Cult
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:Either I've totally missed something in the books or just plain forgotten it. What are you guys talking about?

Century Station - Heroes Unlimited Sourcebook. See the Halcyon Cult

Ah. It would be from the one HU book I haven't added to my collection. Thanks. :ok:
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Playing a Uber Mgea with the Halcyon, He's trying to take over the reigns of power... Very fun game (My uber sick powers seem Less used as it's all been about playing mind games & social oneupsmanship), but even though I've survived this long, It's only a matter of time before the Halcyon gets me. Dead Heads already died from it right in the middle of our first battle with the Centurians (centurions?). He just dropped dead in 3 attacks!

But, both the Creator AND Killswitch are immune to the effects (as is the Chick in the back of the book). Reason, well, they're PB-Cheat characters!... Just like Me!<kinda immune>
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Thunderhead.

And he may be vulnerable (he being The Creator), but he doesn't have the "Chance of Halcyon Effect" percentage listed like the others do who are vulnerable. I've already survived three Halcyons now, but I don't think my luck will always be there (even If I'm a Mega-Munchkin), as I cut it a lil to close for comfort 2 of those times, and I've just lost one more recrute from my first batch of "Turnee's".

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
DarkwingDuk
Wanderer

Unread post by DarkwingDuk »

I guess it depends on your definition on natural. A Immortal character (by major power) is immune to aging, disease and sickness, and won't die a natural death. He can be killed by weapons and violence. There is also no immunity (lower duration/damage, but not immunity) given to poisons and toxins. The drug is a nasty piece of work. As a major villian he may have beaten the odds, but if the drug kills him, I don't see him shrugging it off. Of course in any good comic story, death is only a major setback....
“Illinois Nazis, I hate Illinois Nazis”
“Ummm boB isn’t that a Coalition squad?"
“Like I said, Illinois Nazi’s…….”
boB the Crazy
Steeler49er
Hero

Danka Tyciol, I couldn't seem to find that silly lil 15%...
I kinda thought it was odd that it was missing.

As to the Halcyon Procedure...
I took it AGAIN fer the THIRD TIME :lol: , but This time I cheated to survive :P
See... I hired a Mage that had a spell (Beat Insurmountable Odds) that gave me a REAL good chance to live... And I did!
In return I put Her through it as well...
I Honestly do not see how my character could get anymore powerful, and due to what powers he has, he is Now effectively immune to the Halcyon Effect as well.
Belive it or not, She FLUBD The spell roll to gain powers w/o insanity... Now I've got an InSaInLy Hommicidle Klepto Compulsive Lier working for me...She's been pissing me off but, Untill I can perfect the darn Procedure I NEED her spells, and she IS the seond most powerful of my personal Acolytes as, I just lost another one 2 months ago (Died in a cave in-never had a chance), now I'm down to 3 others... My army is getting smaller and "The Creator" is getting a little To Wise to my secret plottings and goings on. If the game ever gets back up and running I gonna have ta figure out a way to get him placated, Or kill him (Which since I Need him as well, that is Not what I wanna do).

My boy is Insane and can Only rule from behind the scenes due To his insanity, so he Needs a Puppet King... and The Creator Is that puppet, No other at present will do.

Steeler49er
Hero

Great questions to ask.
Q.)can you survive Yggdrasil with it too?
Answere: No. The spell specifically states that it can/will not work in matters of the SuperNatural, nor in the casting of spell<other than the B.I.O. spell itself>

Comment) Hm... good for APS Fire bombers too I bet.
Answere:) You are correct on this. If you can fing a caster that is willing to cast this on you in the last momment prior, you MAY survive if the spell goes off w/o a hitch.

Good call thread Author!

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

NECRO-THREAD Rise....

Anyways. We used it in a game years back.
My character rolled 4 majors the first time. 1 random Insanity.
Due to my insanity, I took it a Second Time for more power. Rolled 4 more Majors. 1 more insanity too.
later on, due to my insnaities, greed, and craving more power I took it a Third time. 1 more Major...

9 Major Powers !!
It was awesome. I eventually saw a councilers (shrink) to help with the insanities. Rolled well, and got rid of them over time. Loved the character.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”