Psi-swords and PS

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlanGunhouse
Champion

Re: Psi-swords and PS

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

I am not sure, yes the damage is physical and psionic both, but it seems more similar to telekinesis. The damage might be strictly based on the sword, not the PS.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Psi swords do SD/HP damage equal to their MD rating, to HP/SDC creture normally immune to mundain damage, if they are vunerable to Psi.

I would say no PS bonus to such damage.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

rearnakedchoke wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Psi swords do SD/HP damage =2 MD rating, to HP/SDC creture normally immune to mundain damage, if they are vunerable to Psi.

Then what's the point of having a bonus to SDC damage in melee combat if you don't get that bonus when you inflict SDC damage in melee combat?

Maybe you should look at what the question asked. That is what I answered.
It asked about a set of conditions if it was possible. In light of those conditions the answer is correct.

In a SDC setting, the Psi Sword would deliver the char's PS bonus to a non-immune to 'normal/mundain' damage char.
However, if the target is immune to normal/mundain damage, then the Psi sword would only do it's rated damage to such a target.

;) but,
That would be reading the rules literally, and not keeping with the spirit of the K.I.S.S. rule.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid

---------------------------

left out the word 'not' in the last post. Edited it so it makes seance now.
---------------------------

PS bonuses are not added to the damage done to Vamps, unless the char has Super Natural PS. SNPS equivalents don't count.

examples of what I mean.
The Titan Juicers' PS bonus is not added.
The Mega Juicers' PS bonus is added
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

rearnakedchoke wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Psi swords do SD/HP damage =2 MD rating, to HP/SDC creture normally immune to mundain damage, if they are vunerable to Psi.

Then what's the point of having a bonus to SDC damage in melee combat if you don't get that bonus when you inflict SDC damage in melee combat?

Personally I would go with no since I know phase blades don't get PS damage bonus.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Wrong question, it is not if you can parry WITH it, it is if you can PARRY it. If it can be parried, THEN it is solid.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

You can deflect items with telekinesis, but not deflect telekinesis with items. They do not have to be the same thing.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Both true and false there...a telekinetic punch is listed as having a range, it will hit armor yes, but you can not parry it. It has some rather odd effects.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Kinetics can do a lot of things, depending on how you define it.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

1. Using weapons like silver and wood you should get plus additional S.D.C. damage.
2. I believe their is rules in PFRPG saying if you do some much more damage you can break the weapon. So I would believe it would be very easy to break a wood stake.
3. I don't believe you should get it with PSI-Sword being the blade is not solid. Only semi-offical thing is that a phase blade doesn't getting the S.D.C bonus damage via the item description in Phase world. So I don't think PSI-Sword should get it.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

This message has been moved to the Guild of Magic and Psionics Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Looking at the description of Psi-Sword in PFRPG, it makes no mention of a PS bonus. Nor is there mention of one in Between the Shadows, nor in Heroes Unlimited.

I'd say no.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

[quote="Mouser13"]I believe their is rules in PFRPG saying if you do some much more damage you can break the weapon. So I would believe it would be very easy to break a wood stake.
quote]

In Rifts, it's more than 3x the weapon's damage max. So a 1d4 wooden stake should break if you do more than 12 points of damage with it. It's easier if you deeply score the stake. I have a character do that with his arrows to guarantee that they break inside the vamp. This is VERY painful for them, and it's near impossible to just yank the arrow out. If you hit the heart, then it stays staked even if a buddy tries to pull it out.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”