ISP regen rate?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stattick
Adventurer

ISP regen rate?

Unread post by Stattick »

I normally don't write up psychics, but I'm helping a friend write up a Mind Melter out of RUE. I can't find in the description in RUE where it says what the ISP regen rate is. It appears that the only way to regenerate ISP is to take the Meditation power - am I wrong, or did they goof?
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Re: ISP regen rate?

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Check out page 386 of RUE: "Two points per hour of sleep and six per hour of standard meditation, twelve or more for some classes".
Stattick
Adventurer

AlanGunhouse wrote:Check out page 386 of RUE: "Two points per hour of sleep and six per hour of standard meditation, twelve or more for some classes".

My copy of RUE doesn't have that many pages.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Bloodspray is right, sorry that my bad typing made that come out wrong. 366 it was.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

it's 12 per hour of meditation or sleep and 2 per hour of activity. That's from the origional RMB--it was accidentally cut out in RUE.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

in the description of the meditation "power", *mutters something that meditation is a skill,not a power* is says that the ISP regen rates are listed in each Psi class description. And if there is none mentioned in the Psi Class, then the base Med. recovery is 6 per hour.

While the burster, dog boy, and psi stalker all have a note about ISP recovery in their Base ISP description, the Mind Melter does not.

There is no mention of Mind Melter ettera in the cutting room floor's RUE ettera

Note: there is no super meditation power listed in RUE.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stattick
Adventurer

Yeah, Nekira's right.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

N&S and MC list meditation as a skill. ( 1 hour + 30 min/L) there is a skill roll involved
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

There is both a skill and a power, if you have the power instead of the skill, you do not need a skill roll, but use up a power slot.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”