Advice for future purchases

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Advice for future purchases

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

I'm looking to buy more PFRPG books (new or used,1st or 2nd ed.)but have to balance my purchases with those for RIFTS ,Dead Reign & Rolemaster Classic/Express.I'll list what I have so far & the next book I plan to get.I'm tempted to get Eastern Territories ,so any advice on what I should get next would be very appreciated, thanx =).

I have for PFRPG ~
PFRPG 2nd ed.
Adventures on the High Seas 2nd ed.
Monsters & Animals 2nd ed.
Old Ones 2nd ed. (in the mail)

Plan to buy asap~
PFRPG 1st ed.
Dragon & Gods 2nd ed.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
Entiago
Adventurer

Re: Advice for future purchases

Unread post by Entiago »

Well to start off you got a great start off on your selections....now onto some suggestions::

PFRPG 1st ed would be more of a collector buy, as most PF books are now 2nd edition, that is unless you want to go back to 1st ed with the books.

Dragons&Gods is a good buy as eventually (or even now) you will have yourself and players lookinginto religion and dragons and whatnots (deamons and Deevils are there as well-also alien intelligence and angels)

Eastern Territories is probably your next best bet- for one it connects directly to Timero Kingdom (by land- the only PF thus far to do so since no Land of South Winds and Old Kingdom books exist in print). The Territories are a great starting area and even a nice "expansion" area for any group to travel into.

from there Library of Bletherad would be a good bet as it contains rich history and background into alot of Palladium , not to mention a ton of Rune Weapons (your group by that point will probably be interested in uncovering some and hopefully they will have earned it by then).

With or Without LoB (Library of Bletherad) the rest of the books will depend on where your party (or your quests) will take them in the world.

good luck and enjoy your gaming!!
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks for the Advice Entiago. I'll look into getting ET asap.Concerning PFRPG 1st ed. I'm getting it for reference to see if I'd prefer to run or play in a 1st or 2nd ed. game. I've read alot of the opinions on the board & seems alot of PFRPG fans still prefer 1st ed. (at least the older gamers).PFRPG was the first non-D&D game I played & loved it, so I'd like to get back into it again.

Concerning the Library of Bletherad...hmmm I might get it after I get some of the other books first.If I run a PFRPG game I'll want to leave Rune Weapons until abit later.But I won't rule out getting it sooner.
Better Dead than Red!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Dragons and gods is definately the next best buy! Do it now!

I personally Loved Island at the edge of the world and Adventures in Northern Wilderness cos they give u some great adventures (both r only 1st ed.)which will get you into the game before you develop your own ideas. But if your already hooked then any of the books are good as each gives you an area to write a campaign with hundreds of plot ideas and intrigue. East Terr, Hinterlands, West Emp, Yin Sloth, Mnt Nimro, Wolf. Emp.

Most broad book is eastern territory IMO for you.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

So I'll get D&G , PFRPG 1st ed. & ET books asap.From there I'm thinking about Wolfen Empire & used versions of the original "Wolfen" books .From there the LoB & Northern Hinterlands.

For RIFTS since I mentioned it earlier..I'm going to get Spirit West ,Arno,Juicer Uprising & xtrictix (sp).
Better Dead than Red!
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

For me, personally, Eastern Territories and Western Empire are the two most used books, followed by Northern Hinterlands. I do use Dragons and Gods quite a bit, bit I've read the book forward and back a dozen or more times and pretty much have everything I use from it commited to memory. Still, it's a must to any collection. Sounds like your on the right track though, Sarge.

Game on!
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Thanx NR ... I'll get the Western Empire most likely after I get the "Wolfen" supplements.That'll be followed by Yin-Sloth.
Better Dead than Red!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”