Warlocks! Choose your Element of specialization!

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Choose your element!

AIR
29%
EARTH
18%
FIRE
18%
WATER
4%
HEART (I don't play Warlocks)
2%
CAPTAIN PLANET (I only play Warlocks with more than one Elemental Sign)
29%

Total votes: 55

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Warlocks! Choose your Element of specialization!

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Always had a fondness for Earth Warlocks.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

I always enjoyed the flashy applications, making fire my element.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The Poll listings are mixed up. it goes:

Earth
Fire
Air
Water
Heart

And by these powers combined via Godling rules taking all powers of a warlock twice+psychic powers, I AM captian Planet! :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Zerebus wrote:Well, if I were doing the Captain Planet routine, it'd be Wind, not Air. :D

maybe you'd brake wind.... :lol:

Even thou I have yet to play a warlock, it would have the Water element.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

I just finished making an air warlock.

Spells are Breathe without Air
Cloud of Slumber
Create Mild Wind.

He was born in Phi, and trained as a sea-faring warlock.
Library Ogre

gaaahhhh wrote:I just finished making an air warlock.

Cloud of Slumber
Create Mild Wind.

As a sea-faring warlock, I'd get rid of Breathe Without Air and use Stop Wind; you can hold you breath for 10 minutes, and take the swimming skill, but the ability to stop contrary winds will be useful.

And I just looked at an option once you get to 3rd level that seems pretty efficient, if dangerous. Cast "Float in Air" on your ship, giving you a hovercraft for 15+ minutes. Now, it'll get you moving FAST (while Float in Air normally cuts your speed in half, it doesn't take into account being sail-driven), but I'd give you problems (i.e. structural damage) at the spell's end if you don't cut your speed.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Mark Hall wrote:
gaaahhhh wrote:I just finished making an air warlock.

Cloud of Slumber
Create Mild Wind.

As a sea-faring warlock, I'd get rid of Breathe Without Air and use Stop Wind; you can hold you breath for 10 minutes, and take the swimming skill, but the ability to stop contrary winds will be useful.

And I just looked at an option once you get to 3rd level that seems pretty efficient, if dangerous. Cast "Float in Air" on your ship, giving you a hovercraft for 15+ minutes. Now, it'll get you moving FAST (while Float in Air normally cuts your speed in half, it doesn't take into account being sail-driven), but I'd give you problems (i.e. structural damage) at the spell's end if you don't cut your speed.

My character can hold his breath for a while, but if another crew member fell overboard, Breathe without Air would be very useful. I'll consider Stop Wind as a replacement. Anyway, I expect that when the campaign starts, we will be mostly on land. The spell choices are part of his background (and I hope they are useful in game too).
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Mephisto wrote:We're the Planateers, you can be one too!
Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!
Polluting and polluting is not the way!
Here's what Captain Planet has to say!

"The Power Is Yours!"

Right, that's it. You're outta the Planeteers. It's "Looting and Polluting is not the way". :P :D
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

I find the combination of earth and air works well. There aren't always 3 good spells per level of one element. There are still a few levels without one good spell, such as level 4 & 6. At level 5 you gain the element fragment that will be able to cast 1-4 spells for you, in most situations you would do so. Other than spells you have to cast on yourself like cacoon or lightblade...but I prefer using ball lightning to lightblade (which could be cast as an offensive spell by the fragment, but not defensive unless you are immune to electrical damage as you are not the caster).

Being able to bring the dead back to life (Breath of life) and transfer your essence into Golems (transfer essence & intellect) so that you live forever are certainly good reasons to join with an alien being.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

honestly growing up as a kid I always roted for the radioation guy when he was on the show I always wanted him to zap the hippies
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

Yep. What if I wanna be on Captain Pollution's team?
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Air all the way.

... oh, and cancel all the Cap crap :lol: :wink: :P
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Severite »

ManDrake13 wrote:Earth Warlocks are pretty much the best all around for building or rebuilding for a community. I've had entire communities built from the ground up by a single Earth Warlock. Pretty much the only thing they can't do is make the advanced technological options for you. But there is something really easy to sell about MDC housing materials put together with the help of elementals that people have no trouble accepting. You can pave the streets, handle the sewage, plumping, fixtures, and so on. Things are a little crude but they work pretty well. Light bulbs and the like you just have to build later with more conventional means. They can also plow your fields, improve the yields and so on, on that front. Basically after 8th level, they can pretty much keep an entire community going all on their own. Hard to argue with that kind of performance.

This is true, but I favor Fire for that very reason.........you might be able to get the town up and going, and help defend, but nothing is as ultimately destructive as fire, though air is a nice compromise between destructive and utility effects. Course, at 15 (at least in the origional conversion book) you will have every spell available, with the others you will lose out on something.
domus est itire cum etiam tenebrae sordida
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Unread post by ZorValachan »

FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I remember back when Rifts first came out. We had a party of Palladium Fantasy characters. After so many years we had made 15th level in 2 different O.C.C.s

Then we went to Rifts. Before the Conversion book.

GM took a very simple SDC damage becomes MDC as the spells from the Rifts main books seemed to go this way.

Mini-Fire Balls! Palladium Fantasy 1st edition, Old School Style.
You shot out 1 ball per level. Each did 1D4 damage per level.
At 15th level, you shot 15 fireballs. Each doing 15d4 damage.
225D4.. That averages to about 560 damage. And you had 2 spell attacks a round.
1125 damage a round...Now those were the days.. Until Palladium did the warlocks spells in the Conversion book. 3 balls max? 3D6 total damage?....much crying ensued
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Earth+Air. Breathe of life w/ animate and control clay statues, or something like that. infinite number of slaves, with unlimited duration, can be metal for mdc, flesh for"fun" or plain old vanilla clay.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

I'd like to dual...Probably wind and fire or water and earth....just depends on how I feel.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

void
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Library Ogre

Hagan Lonovich wrote:Fire. its just the coolest :x

If fire is cooler than water or earth, you're doing it wrong. :lol:

All Palladium Articles
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

I want to be an Earth, Wind and Fire warlock. Those munchkins really knew how it was done. :-D

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”